PDA

View Full Version : took mine on a big ride finally...

spydermyke990
03-31-2013, 08:37 AM
Had the day off, so i took advantage of clear, sunny, 50 degree weather and put the spyder through its paces through side roads, state highways and interstate....ran like a top!! unfortunately, i didnt get the sena helmet bluetooth set and mirror in time for this weekend's ride so i wasn't able to get an evaluation on how well the helmet comm/bluetooth dongle worked. The sts's adjustable windshield worked well for changing road speeds, i found myself using the full extension at interstate speeds to reduce the windnoise and buffeting while i had the sts stereo cranked up. As for the stereo, i still had my old ipod nano(6th gen) sitting around, so i hooked it up to my computer, cleared it out, and loaded a few playlists to try out, and plugged i itno the spyder's ipod cable. it took a little bit for me to figure out how to operate the nano through the handlbar buttons, but soon had it knocked.

The handling on this thing is awesome, as is the power, i had more than a few people stopping to stare at me, i cant wait to get the mirrored face shield, then i can really weird people out:spyder2: lol!!!

here's a few pics i took when i stopped for a break, most are from where a dirt road turns off from ny248, it leads up to and old hunting cabin that belongs to very close friends of my parents, i didn't go up the road from there, it was still snow covered, and being very steep and with a 250' drop of the side, not a good idea to try it on a one-wheel drive machine.(one of the friends , Donna Dutchess , is a songwriter who has had several nashville artists record her compositions, one of her songs, "in the hills of whitesville", is about the place i just mentioned stopping near. google her myspace page and she has some of her material posted on there.)

IGETAROUND
03-31-2013, 11:32 AM
thanks for the report. Nice trunk bag, is that BRP accessory or after market?? Great looking ride:yes::bowdown::clap:

spydermyke990
03-31-2013, 02:19 PM
thanks....its a brp unit, basically it required popping off the bottom corner of the sport rack, drilling a couple of holes(they put indentations on there at the factory for where to drill), and pop riveting the 2 strap clips on. itts easy to install and remove so i can throw in into the trunk if in away from the spyder for a while. i plan on getting a rear seat bag for it some time, and i held off on putting the 12v outlet in, the instructions that came with it are for the old rs, so i might have it installed when i take it in for the 600 mi service.