PDA

View Full Version : Akrapovic Sport Silencer on a Spyder ST-S

Lamonster
03-30-2013, 07:03 PM
If you're looking for Hindle type sound this is not the pipe for you. It sound great and throtty but not near as loud as some of the other pipes out there. These two videos are one with the baffle in and one with the baffle out. :doorag:

Baffle in

http://youtu.be/PviBYkH9Ros

Baffle out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mny1X7HMy8

SPYD3R
03-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Lamont, do you wear your camera strapped to your head...? and what camera are you using...? my latest MOD,
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?50332-RS-DYI-MUFFLER-MOD-Rev-B is loud but raspee... i'll try another when i find a donor OEM RS muffler....
gr8 vid, thx...

Bob Denman
03-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Thanks Lamont! :thumbup:
That's the same basic system that is available for the RTs; right?
I'm surprised that removing the baffles seemed to make so little difference.
But I really did like the sound of it! :2thumbs: :ohyea:

Lamonster
03-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Lamont, do you wear your camera strapped to your head...? and what camera are you using...?
gr8 vid, thx...

I just holding and shooting with my iPhone.

Thanks Lamont! :thumbup:
That's the same basic system that is available for the RTs; right?
I'm surprised that removing the baffles seemed to make so little difference.
But I really did like the sound of it! :2thumbs: :ohyea:
Should be the same on the RT. I will say it is a very well made pipe and will most likely last the life of the Spyder or pretty close to it. :doorag:

FaranH
03-30-2013, 09:27 PM
In the video you sounded a wee bit disappointed in the sound once you took the baffles out. So are you gonna keep the Akropovic or move onto something else entirely? :popcorn:

Bob Denman
03-31-2013, 08:19 AM
maybe we need to have a build similar to this one so that different exhaust configurations can be tested "side by side"... :thumbup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYLMkdWjplI

Lamonster
03-31-2013, 08:22 AM
In the video you sounded a wee bit disappointed in the sound once you took the baffles out. So are you gonna keep the Akropovic or move onto something else entirely? :popcorn:

I think the issue is it's going through a cat and that's choking it down. I may look into removing the cat. :doorag:

Bob Denman
03-31-2013, 08:42 AM
As long as that doesn't cause a "Cat"-astrophe in the computer and all of it's monitoring systems... :shocked: ;) (Been waiting to throw that one out here for Ages... :roflblack: :yes: :ohyea:)

MMMII
03-31-2013, 09:47 AM
I was hoping for more from that pipe. I'll hold out for a Yoshimura.

Great post!

capt.jim
03-31-2013, 10:04 AM
I think the issue is it's going through a cat and that's choking it down. I may look into removing the cat. :doorag:
While installing the 2 brothers can I cranked it up with just the Cat, it was still much quieter than my GS with the 2 bro's. installed. I think the Akrapovich with the inserts removed will be just right once the Cat is gone. Let us know when your Cat is gone so I can see if the ECU will compensate without additional fuel management before I yank mine out. The heat coming out of the Cat is phenomenal, wrapping my pipes only added to the heat, here is my 2 Bros. P1 tip after a 2 mile wide open run. 655796558065581

JkRbbt
03-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Nice throaty sound and she looks good, but what are the advantages of the Akrapovic pipe other than sound? Better torque? Better mileage? Sorta pricey for a little bit of sound. :dontknow:

Bob Denman
03-31-2013, 12:27 PM
It weighs a lot less; I just don't how many pounds equals a "lot"... :shocked:

spyder-dude
04-08-2013, 07:47 AM
I noticed with just about 300 miles on my STS with the new pipe that it appears that it has gotten a bit louder..... I am still thinking of taking the baffles out though as I want more sound!

angelo.bignotti
06-14-2013, 10:23 AM
What' the measure of bolt of baffle?

Spydeb
06-19-2013, 06:28 PM
I ordered an Akropovic exhaust from can am and the catalogue had a typo and this exhaust does not fit my 2009 RS . My stock one received damage in a minor road hazard accident so I need recommendations from Spyderlovers ....