PDA

View Full Version : Error Codes Already?

xGreenxMeaniex
03-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Hey guys I need your help! I was out riding today and it was beautiful out! However I hit a manhole pretty hard with my rear wheel and then about two miles up the rode my bike went crazy on me and I got the:

VSS code
Check DPS
Limp Home Mode
And the little slippery bike and my check engine light came on...

So I pulled into Starbucks and immediately shut off the Spyder and pulled my manual out but couldn't find anything on error codes (I may have missed it I was pretty upset I only have 350 miles on my bike guys!)

However- when I turned Greenie on after checking through my manual all was well and the error codes and the lights were gone, I took it for a quick test ride up the road and nothing- and I drove about 25 miles home and no issues.

So my question is- is this something I need to follow up on with the dealer to get checked? Or maybe going over that manhole knocked scrambled a sensor that was fixed when it started up and did the computer scan?

I just don't know--- oohh I don't want something to be wrong with it already!

Tony99
03-30-2013, 05:19 PM
when i first got my 2013 RT Limited i started getting codes and a couple of time the limp mode came on. I would also pull over and shut it down and restart and the lights were out. I am 250 miles from my dealer so i waited until my 600 mile check up and they kept coming back until then. THe dealer cleared them at the 600 mile service and now i have 2000 miles on it and the only thing that has come on has been the vss and i was corner to fast .

NancysToy
03-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Lots of possibilities. A bunch of cascading codes is typically a loose battery connection in a new machine. The bump could have jarred it a bit, causing the codes. There are other possibilities, though, given that you hit the bump so hard. The "slippery" icon indicates that the traction control of the VSS was engaged. If the jolt made the brake fluid switch jiggle enough to indicate a low brake fluid level at the same time, the Spyder would think there was a brake failure and disable the VSS, which would also give a cascading DPS code. Sensors or wiring connections also could have been jarred causing the DPS warning, which could trigger the VSS warning and limp mode. You also could have just been riding the brake, which causes a slew of warnings when the switch senses it is being touched or pushed, but there is no brake system pressure.

I would not worry about it unless it happens again. Be careful of your foot position and not riding the brake. Let your dealer know when you have your 600 mile service. They will check the past fault codes in BUDS, which may shed some light on it. If it does happen again, I'd see the dealer ASAP. Probably something minor, and an inconvenience at most. If there is anything wrong, the dealer will take care of it.

Tx web rider
03-30-2013, 05:48 PM
not sure if you have a rs or rt

if its an RS i would check your brake lights if the hard pothole hit broke one of the brake filaments then it will give you all of them codes

xGreenxMeaniex
03-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks guys, I went on another 50 mile ride on the highway and no issues, so I will definitely keep an eye on it. Now I have 400 miles and they way I'm feeling I will probably need my first service within the next two weeks haha. I will definitely let them know about this issue.

This bike is just too much fun!!

Chupaca
03-30-2013, 11:56 PM
Keep an eye on it. More than likely that hard hit jarred stuff throwing those codes. Mention it at first service...ryde on..!!:thumbup: