PDA

View Full Version : Moving from IN to Beaverton, OR

luv2ridespydr
03-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Moving to OR in two weeks, looking forward to riding the great Northwest on my Spyder. Also looking forward to meeting other Spyder owners and making new friends.

SPYD1
03-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Good for you. It will be a great adventure. Enjoy!

spydaman60
03-28-2013, 08:56 PM
sure hope that you like to fish!! take the rod along. you've got some great riding and some great fishing spots ahead of you!

Chupaca
03-28-2013, 11:10 PM
are ahead. For sure you will meet new ryder there, new places to ryde and its a short trip here to sunny CA where you can ryde all year round...good luck..!!:thumbup:

Hovdestar
03-29-2013, 02:16 AM
...............to Oregon Territory! Where you're moving to is ideal for location, with a variety of terrain available. About one hour west to the Pacific, through the Coast Range. About one hour east to the Cascades, and Mt. Hood. Plus the Columbia River Gorge--try a trip on the Sternwheeler Columbia Gorge sometime out of Cascade Locks. We're transplants to Oregon from Minneapolis, and Minnesota will always be special to us. But I'm always amazed at how many folks from the Upper Midwest have moved to our area, which is in Northeast Oregon. Again, welcome--I think you'll like it here. <M>

ABQAndy
03-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Beautiful country but remember your rain gear ;)

murphybrown
03-29-2013, 10:06 AM
Moving to OR in two weeks, looking forward to riding the great Northwest on my Spyder. Also looking forward to meeting other Spyder owners and making new friends.
You will love the NW and there is unlimited amazing and gorgeous rydes. Heading to NCentral WA...pm me...:yes:

SpyderAnn01
03-29-2013, 10:12 AM
:clap:

bmwlarry
03-29-2013, 11:05 AM
Welcome to Oregon! I live in Beaverton and we have a great local chapter - SRA Columbia River Chapter with 66 current members.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/235772206446650/
We are even making the run to Spyderfest.
I will PM you with club info.
Looking forward to meeting you!

Spyder Couple
03-29-2013, 11:30 AM

We live in Forest Grove and love it here in oregon. :thumbup:

Check out rosecitymotorcycleclub.com (200 members strong) for some awesome friends and rydes :clap:

They meet in Beaverton the 3rd saturday of every month at the hometown buffet off hall blvd at 8am.

There are 3 spyder members and we would love to have another one
:yes:

spyderdan
03-29-2013, 11:37 PM
As another member of our group mentioned, we have a local Spyder Club, just adding two new members bringing us to 68. Great group! Hope you will join us! See that you worked for Conway, I retired from Consolidated Freightways and spent 12 years as an Senior Internal Auditor with them. Could we have crossed paths during our time at CF/Conway? Hope to hear back from you and plan some rides together.
Dan

dick574
03-30-2013, 12:10 AM
Sorry to see you go. Enjoyed our times together here in IN. Best of luck in your new location. The NW is beautiful.

joet82
03-30-2013, 08:38 AM
Be sure to check out a group on Facebook, Spyder Ryder of America - Columbia River Chapter they're centered in Portland but have Ryders from as far as Coos Bay (southern coast). Great group, and they try to do monthly rydes, depending on the weather.