PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder what happened to her?

Jeriatric
03-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Weather Channel Anchor Says She Was Fired

Because Of Military Service

65413Mitchell has degrees in meteorology and law and is one of thousands of National Guard or Reserve members who believe that they lost a job, or were denied a job, because they're on-call to fight for their country.

There's more to the story....much more.

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2013/03/27/weather-channel-nicole-mitchell-fired-military-reserve/?&ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058

Bob Denman
03-28-2013, 12:20 PM
I kind of wondered what happened to her...
She did a pretty decent job on-camera; she often took those jobs where she'd be flying right into a hurricane! :shocked:
I wish her well, and I hope that she gets a fair hearing... :thumbup:

ARtraveler
03-28-2013, 12:47 PM
It is illegal to fire someone because they have to be absent from their job to serve in the National Guard.

The hard part is to prove that was the "real" reason the firing happened. No reflection on the fired person meant here--but that is the way the courts and lawyers work.

Hope she can get it resolved if she wants her job back.

Ga Blue Knight
03-28-2013, 12:57 PM
I worked for the federal gov't and saw many examples of contractors who would give reservists jobs after they were deployed but they were not the same. They were lower level and paid less. All the law required was that they gave them a job. It was a real shame. We had one guy who was a shift supervisor who returned as a worker with no seniority under the folks he supervised at almost a 40% reduction in pay.

bruiser
03-28-2013, 07:43 PM
It's NBC. Look what they did to Ann Curry. They need to get rid of Matt Lauer. Our local station has a weatherman who was a LTCol in the USAFR. He served a tour in Afghanistan. He still had his job when he came back. He has since retired from USAFR.