PDA

View Full Version : Custom Sport Cover

SheWolf
03-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Yep, I decided that in order for my bike to have unwanted objects sitting on it when I'm not on it, I made myself a sport cover for my Wolf Spyder. Had a lot of fun making it, and having access to everything made it a lot easier.

65394Drew out a wolf paw and then cut it, making a backing as well for it. I like how it 'pops.'
65395Two paws placed so it's walking across the seat.
65396Covers the whole seating area!
65397Coverage from under the ignition housing, across the handlebars, down under the grab handles/saddlebags, and tucks up under the tail.

No more lookie-loos sitting on my bike!! :ohyea::clap:

johnnyrocket
03-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Yep, I decided that in order for my bike to have unwanted objects sitting on it when I'm not on it, I made myself a sport cover for my Wolf Spyder. Had a lot of fun making it, and having access to everything made it a lot easier.

65394Drew out a wolf paw and then cut it, making a backing as well for it. I like how it 'pops.'
65395Two paws placed so it's walking across the seat.
65396Covers the whole seating area!
65397Coverage from under the ignition housing, across the handlebars, down under the grab handles/saddlebags, and tucks up under the tail.

No more lookie-loos sitting on my bike!! :ohyea::clap:

Nice job, looks good!

SheWolf
03-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Thanks! It's made out of Cordura, same thing my Wolfman bag system is made out of, so everything matches! I'm still working on installing the tail bag on the back; have to fidget with the hook system as it's a little too sharp an angle for the tail cover. I will persevere! I managed to make the tank bag fit and the saddlebags. If I can get the tail bag to fit, then the duffel bag will complete it. I'm not into the hard cases; I might as well utilize the enduro system I have for my dual sport and I can swap it back and forth between the two. :thumbup:

mrfats
03-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Hopefully that'll keep'um off! Nice!!

SheWolf
03-27-2013, 08:56 PM
I think it will...best of all, it cost me nothing but my time to make. Saved myself a few bucks this way instead of getting BRP's. :2thumbs:

NancysToy
03-27-2013, 09:24 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Chupaca
03-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Very nicely done..good fit to. Love the home made stuff..!!:2thumbs::2thumbs:

SheWolf
03-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Thanks! :thumbup: I love making custom stuff. Might just try my hand at a trunk liner...I've got access to everything. Or....maybe a full cover. Hmmmm.....:rolleyes:

kawakii
03-29-2013, 01:22 AM
Awesome job :)

SheWolf
03-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Thanks! Just uploaded pics of the full Wolfman soft bags system here. :thumbup: (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?45460-Wolfman-Soft-Enduro-Bag-System&p=597089#post597089)

strictlyred
03-30-2013, 08:55 AM
darn you should make those to sell, if price was right I would buy one..

SPYD1
03-30-2013, 09:01 AM
Looks great!

SheWolf
03-30-2013, 09:29 AM
I'd be selling them cheaper than what BRP sells them for! :thumbup:

spydaman60
03-30-2013, 10:20 AM
I'd be selling them cheaper than what BRP sells them for! :thumbup:go for it!:thumbup:

strictlyred
03-30-2013, 11:03 AM
take mine with pink accents on it...thanks \lol

SheWolf
03-30-2013, 08:01 PM
I know the colors on hand are green, blue, yellow, hot pink, grey, and red (for accents). Have a full roll of black. Shock cord is black. Not sure what is there for cinch clamps besides black and bright green. I'd have to look when I get back to the shop on Monday.:dontknow:

Bob Denman
03-31-2013, 08:39 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif Do you have anything on the drawing boards yet for the RTs? ;)

SPYD1
03-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Looks like you have the opportunity to make some Farkle money!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::thumbup:

major911
03-31-2013, 09:13 AM
I'd be selling them cheaper than what BRP sells them for! :thumbup:

I'll order one when you do...:thumbup:

SheWolf
04-01-2013, 03:27 PM
I'd have to get measurements off an RT, but I can't see why it would be a problem. A bit more material, which isn't an issue. Gonna do some brainstorming and see what can be done. :thumbup:

major911
04-01-2013, 06:55 PM
I'de love The Black and Grey with any spider accent or If you could get yer hands on a UF Gator logo on Blue or Orange would be awesome! :thumbup: That is if your taking orders... :D

SheWolf
04-01-2013, 09:50 PM
I got stuck working on a hang glider today so I never got to go near the back room. :gaah: I'm going to go to the dealer and take measurements on the RT so I'll have a baseline to go with on it. Hoping to get a good deal on more material, which would work out better bottom line. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with a price for plain or with a design once I can get a better idea on bulk material orders from the distributor. :thumbup:

major911
04-02-2013, 05:52 AM
I got stuck working on a hang glider today so I never got to go near the back room. :gaah: I'm going to go to the dealer and take measurements on the RT so I'll have a baseline to go with on it. Hoping to get a good deal on more material, which would work out better bottom line. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with a price for plain or with a design once I can get a better idea on bulk material orders from the distributor. :thumbup:

I have an RSS like yours. Keep us posted when you have some details. I'm definitely interested :thumbup:

SheWolf
04-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Mmmm...yours is that pretty metallic burnt orange isn't it? There's an orange available that is close to that color for accenting, it just isn't metallic but that shade or orange. :thumbup: I'll hopefully have a better idea of pricing soon. Just a matter of getting some of the boat and car interiors out and then there is some space and machines free.

The Bakerman
04-02-2013, 11:09 AM
You did a great job. I would definitely order one if you decide to start making them. It's hard to believe how many people will sit on someone else's bike. Plus, it'll keep the seat cool on those hot summer days here in Texas. Go for it.
Bakerman

major911
04-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Mmmm...yours is that pretty metallic burnt orange isn't it? There's an orange available that is close to that color for accenting, it just isn't metallic but that shade or orange. :thumbup: I'll hopefully have a better idea of pricing soon. Just a matter of getting some of the boat and car interiors out and then there is some space and machines free.

It's Matte Orange and Black almost a copper color.

SheWolf
04-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Ok it looks like the supplier we can get the best deal on material doesn't have the color availability that we had hoped. So we are going ahead and bringing in black, red, orange, gold/yellow, royal blue, silver. Also will be trying a different density as the one in mine is quite heavy, so thus stuff is lighter but water repellant and lighter. This will also be cheaper as well, not in quality but price per unit. If anyone can think of another color/s feel free to speak up and we'll see what we can do. For now, we are going ahead and ordering the ones mentioned above. Also, I am making another prototype with the lighter material so you will be able to see what the end result will look like. I am happy to say the new one will be much more compact and portable, so stay tuned. :thumbup:

strictlyred
04-03-2013, 01:27 PM
hey, I will buy the prototype and let ya know how it works LOL

SheWolf
04-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Got the schematics done for the RT. :thumbup: Commencing Custom Sport Cover Part 2! :yes: Well, that is....next week. My thumb has to heal from shooting a brad nail thru it the other day.:yikes:

Spydee8
04-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Awesome job!! Nicely done!!:dg2:

SheWolf
04-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Thanks! Looks like I'll be starting on the updated version this coming week. Got the shipment of material in on Thursday so now it's a matter of cutting and sewing. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-07-2013, 07:59 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_20_7.gif :2thumbs:

Lipz
04-26-2013, 10:28 AM
Love this cover. 2012 RS-S. Black with bright red stiching for me.

SpyderDuck
04-29-2013, 08:09 PM
I would be interested in one, but I would like the gauge cluster to be covered also, for a bit more protection from hail on the days I ride it to work. It is an awful thing to watch Clyde getting beaned. I think I have the same windshield as you, so perhaps the cover could attach to that?

Clyde is a yellow RS with Ed Hardy graphics.

SheWolf
04-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Ok, I'm working on a new cover and should hopefully have that done tomorrow. I'm also going to be working on the soft saddle bags like the ones I have on mine. I am going to post up pics of both once I have them done up, and then everyone can see what they are looking at. I was going to put up a thread to see how many ppl would be interested in both the covers and the bags, but felt it would be better to hold off until I have some pics. See what kind of interest can be generated with something a person can actually look at. :thumbup: I'm still working on the RT cover as well, just only have one machine available since the shop is covered with boat tops and interiors. Omg you can sure tell summer's coming when ppl are already coming in to get their boat stufff done! :shocked:

Dentin028
05-01-2013, 04:44 AM

I'm also interested!! My RSS is also burnt orange. Keep us posted.

strictlyred
05-01-2013, 11:02 AM
my friend bought me the half cover from Nelson Can-Am/BRP Spyder Half Cover , works wonderfully.. I wouldn't mind looking at the bags you might have for sale

Flanker
05-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Hey! THAT was you in the crafts aisle at Wal Mart! Looks great! :doorag:

DrewNJ
05-02-2013, 03:25 PM
I would be interested in one for sure!
Something to keep people off when I run into the store....It amazes me how people take the liberty to just climb right on....:mad:
Covering the cluster area would be ideal. Be kinda nice to leave the gps hooked to the vents. Maybe attach side to side to the mirror arms and sit just behind the windshield? or up and over with a stretchy hole for the windshield to go through?? :dontknow:

Keep us posted! :thumbup:
Doug

SheWolf
05-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Got the cover done up, just need a couple of things and I'll be posting up pics Monday (I'll have my bike back tomorrow so I can fit it). :thumbup: I'll also be getting going on the soft bags since I should have a machine available now the boat interior is done.:yes:

SheWolf
05-06-2013, 11:55 PM

New cover is done! :yes: This is the final product... so without stepping on anyone's toes, feel free to email at vclavert@telus.net for info if you like the looks of the new SpydeeTerrent.:thumbup: Soft bags are in the works. Hopefully I can get something set up in the vendor area soon.