PDA

View Full Version : Farkleitis strikes again!

spydermyke990
03-27-2013, 12:46 PM
Looks like good riding weather for me this weekend, the last of my farkles will be coming in on the ups truck for me to install, and I plan on putting some miles on !!:yes:

flamingobabe
03-27-2013, 12:55 PM

Bob Denman
03-27-2013, 02:21 PM
:agree: We need details and pictures of the new shiny things... :shocked:

spydermyke990
03-27-2013, 04:19 PM
I'll git'em soon as I can.... Still heading to Virginia for my delivery, then hoping to get home, gotta figure out how to pop the frunk off the machine, get the 12v outlet installed, put the frunk liner in, pair up the Bluetooth dongle & helmet communicators(both are Sena units btw), and install the mirror face shield on my helmet(it'll look like on of those helmets from the HALO video games),,, full pics comin'!! :thumbup:

If I have enough time after I perform the farkle surgery on the sts, I plan on taking it on a big loop around the area, heading down to i86, up through arcade, stopping at pioneer motorsports to see what other spyder goodies I can dig up, along ny39 to springville, then down 219, looping back to i86, and back home. I think this will give me a feel for the transmission, handling, etc. the only negatives I could find on the trip from the dealer to home was it felt like 1st gear& reverse are geared a bit tall, I managed to stall it a couple of times, and reminded myself to rev it a bit more and feather the clutch out a bit more.

Bob Denman
03-27-2013, 04:46 PM
That sounds like a pretty nice run! :thumbup:
So; Farkles AWAAAAYYY!! :2thumbs: :clap::ohyea::yes::ohyea:

Chupaca
03-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Quite a project..good luck and enjoy the ryde..!!:ohyea:

spydermyke990
03-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Well, looks like this weekend's pre-ride farkle surgery will be limited... I ordered the sena communicator and mirrored face shield through bike bandit, and specified express 1-2 day shipping, when I checked my account, it still said pending after a day & a half of placing the order. After inquiring with BB's customer service, I was informed that they have to order the stuff from the supplier, which is a week, THEN they ship it on express. Huh? Sounds like some false advertising! Likes like I'll be in for a wait on that stuff, I'll just order through my dealer or some place like Dennis Kirk or chaparral from now on, I've had good luck with these places. Brp however, was super fast when it came to the frunk liner. Brp searches closest dealers, and the stuff comes from there ( this liner came from ingles performance, another place I've had good dealings with and I definitely recommend). Well, it looks like I will be blasting my tunes out of the spyder's speakers this weekend instead of directly into my helmet. ( hope the people on the "cage" next to me at the red light don't mind me blasting them with some old school Metallica, along with a little smoke from the back tire. Heh heh...:roflblack:).

Bob Denman
03-28-2013, 05:34 PM
I've got a new windshield on the way for mine; it should have been here today... :shocked: Now, I'm hoping for tomorrow! :pray: