PDA

View Full Version : My 1000th Post!

daveinva
03-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Okay, I waited a few days but I figure I finally must "break the seal" and post my thousandth post here at Spyderlovers. :yes:

After reading all the great words here at Spyderlovers, I signed up for a trike class and got to ride a manual RT around a parking lot for a weekend getting my M license. I was instantly hooked on the Spyder, and in a matter of weeks, I bought my 2010 Silver RS SE5 in May 2011.

Since then I've put smile-packed 13,000 miles on it-- nowhere near enough miles for as much fun as I have riding it, I only wish I had *more* time to go all the places I can't wait to go. (At least I'll finally make it to an event this year-- Maggie Valley, here I come! :doorag:)

I've had no major issues to speak of with the bike, minor things here and there but everything one would expect with a high-tech vehicle only a few years removed from its debut. And I trust my Spyder-- it's not just my fun machine; last year I chose to sell my old beater car and rely on the Spyder as my daily driver, and it's been loyal to me, rain, snow and shine.

Now, I ended up spending a lot, LOT more money on the farkles and mods than I ever expected to-- lesson learned when I budget for the NEXT bike! :opps:-- but with few exceptions, it's been a case of getting what I paid for. Too many of you are an inspiration/bad example for mucking around with perfection. ;)

Bottom line? I'd buy my Spyder all over again tomorrow. Heck, If I had the money, I'd buy a *second* one today. :thumbup:

Lastly, I want to thank Lamont for putting together such a great forum, and also thank all the awesome members here who have always been quick to share fantastic advice, help with a problem, or lend an ear when it's time to rave and rant. Being a part of this community is one of the best perks of being a Spyder owner. :2thumbs:

CyncySpyder
03-27-2013, 12:50 PM
Couldn't agree with you more & its always great to hear about the Good times and experiences our fellow Spyder Addicts are enjoying on a daily basis :clap:

Without this site, I doubt there would be nearly as many HAPPY Spyder Lovers as there are today :firstplace:

Bob Denman
03-27-2013, 12:54 PM
:congrats: And here's to many, many more! :cheers: :thumbup:

spydaman60
03-27-2013, 12:55 PM
I second the "hats off to lamont" part of your statement. couldn't agree more!:congrats: on #1000 !

Blue Star
03-27-2013, 01:33 PM

:agree: like 19,000 more :gaah:

daveinva
03-27-2013, 01:43 PM

Dude, some of us have to work... and sleep... and ride... :joke:

ARtraveler
03-27-2013, 01:48 PM
:congrats: on the 1000. Here's to many, many more. :cheers:

Ga Blue Knight
03-27-2013, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the "Club" and by the way with all of the Farkles you most likely have bought your Spyder twice!

Chupaca
03-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Just passed that mark myself a while back...but then Bob makes up look silly...:roflblack: Keep it up..!!

otter28169
03-28-2013, 06:22 AM
You are now part of an elite group of riders, those with a 1K post pin and a 5K mile pin :clap:

Just sayin'............

SPYD1
03-28-2013, 06:28 AM
Congrats...it's hard to find that much to say on this end:bowdown::bowdown:

Bob Denman
03-28-2013, 06:42 AM
Congrats...it's hard to find that much to say on this end:bowdown::bowdown:
Ummmm... :shocked: no it isn't! :roflblack: