PDA

View Full Version : My STS is home

weapon
03-26-2013, 08:17 AM
and I couldn't be happier:D.
It was not a great day when I picked up my Spyder.
But I went for a little ride anyways. Just had to.

Thing I noticed right away compared to my 09GS .
-The front end is softer over the bumps but corners alot flatter. Less lean. Less dive. I am over 250lbs and the front end is perfect. This Spyder will out corner a stock GS for easily.
-It could just be me but the Nanny was less sensitive. The roads were dirty and I could hang the rear tire out further.
-The power is smooth. with less vibration. Even the foot pegs are rubber mounted.
-Sitting position is so comfortable. I know riding long distance will be no problem.
-The brakes... all I can say is WOW. This thing will stop on a dime.
-The windshield blocked alot of the wind. I would not have ridden my GS at 0 celsius.
-Cruise control is amazing. It works just like my Ford pickup truck.
-Heated grips helped manage the cold.
-I put the Akrapovic sport exhaust on and it has a nice deep tone. Not too loud. But you can hear it coming.

To some it up in my opinion this STS is miles ahead of my old 09GS.:thumbup::thumbup:
I can't wait for better weather to really give it a run.

otter28169
03-26-2013, 08:20 AM
Ride it like ya stole it! Or like Bob is chasing you with a flame thrower! Whatever works for you:yes:

Derek Paisley
03-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Yeh!!! Congrats!!!

It looks great!

Now if only there was a new Toronto Spyder Ryder... :>

Green RSS
03-26-2013, 08:23 AM
First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Secondly, I couldn't agree more with you about the handling. My STS feels like it handles curves better than my '12 RS-S.

CyncySpyder
03-26-2013, 08:24 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64719&d=1363621102 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2698&attachmentid=64718)

Buttsy
03-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Looks awesome, for the ST owners I look at it and ask the question "why have the RS at all". Do you think BRP has perhaps somewhat killed the market for the RS or are they still totally different bikes? :dontknow:

Marker
03-26-2013, 09:19 AM
:congrats: Looks great

weapon
03-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Looks awesome, for the ST owners I look at it and ask the question "why have the RS at all". Do you think BRP has perhaps somewhat killed the market for the RS or are they still totally different bikes? :dontknow:

No I don't think so.
The RSS should handle even better.
Definately a different bike.

Lamonster
03-26-2013, 10:15 AM
:congrats:
I pretty much agree with everything in your report. By the way you can put the RS-S swaybar and shocks on your ST for even better handling and it's pretty cheap. :doorag:

Buttsy
03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
No I don't think so.
The RSS should handle even better.
Definately a different bike.

Ya I was just wondering to the "unexperienced" eye (RT Owner) they look very similar. I still love the RSS in the "neutron green" I think they called it in 2012? Looks sick......

Dundas, Ontario went to highschool there, well a few years ago I understand they are shutting down my old Parkside? Oh, played a season with the Dundas Blues as well, the year the arena reopened after the roof had collapsed. Hmm...........memory lane. :thumbup: Man I'm old........:shocked:

weapon
03-26-2013, 10:55 AM
Ya I was just wondering to the "unexperienced" eye (RT Owner) they look very similar. I still love the RSS in the "neutron green" I think they called it in 2012? Looks sick......

Dundas, Ontario went to highschool there, well a few years ago I understand they are shutting down my old Parkside? Oh, played a season with the Dundas Blues as well, the year the arena reopened after the roof had collapsed. Hmm...........memory lane. :thumbup: Man I'm old........:shocked:

Now that was a while ago. I've lived here for 26 years and that was before my time. :roflblack:

Parkside is still hanging in there but not for long I fear.:banghead:

weapon
03-26-2013, 10:59 AM
I pretty much agree with everything in your report. By the way you can put the RS-S swaybar and shocks on your ST for even better handling and it's pretty cheap. :doorag:

Good to know.:thumbup:

Lamont this bike is everything you said it would be and more.

Thanks

Chupaca
03-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Good to hear how happy you are with the new ST.. I will not ride one cause I can't afford one and what I don't know can't hurt me. But always glad to hear from a happy customer. It's sometimes rare here. I could not be happier with our RS manual...happy trails...!!:ohyea:.

cgistudio
03-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Looks great, :clap:have fun riding.....:congrats:

mjw930
03-26-2013, 11:57 AM

Yep, they make it simple with an ST part number and everything. $399.99 list price, street price should be even lower.

http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/631121/219400409/_/FOX_Adjustable_Shock_Kit_with_Sway_Bar

ARtraveler
03-26-2013, 01:05 PM
:congrats: on the new ryde. Nice review. :thumbup:

Lamonster
03-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Yep, they make it simple with an ST part number and everything. $399.99 list price, street price should be even lower.

http://store.spyder.brp.com/product/631121/219400409/_/FOX_Adjustable_Shock_Kit_with_Sway_Bar

I was told there was a kit for that and sure enough there it is. Nice fine. :thumbup: