PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Spyder Rally

Mr. Bill
03-25-2013, 09:01 PM
I did post pretty much this same message on the Ontario Spyder Riders facebook page. I am not sure where I would get the most responce to my question. I am a country boy living in rural Ontario so I am not used to the seemingly high cost of parking for the roadster event. Those of you from the city may think that this is reasonable for parking but the possibility of paying maybe $100.00 to park a Spyder for two days seems extreme to me...:mad:......I guess I am looking for the thoughts of others. So here is what I posted on face book.

Well Debbie and I are pretty excited about picking up our new Rt-Ltd in the next few weeks and meeting everyone this summer:yes:. My wife and I have already registered for the Roadster Rally in Ottawa this July. I was wondering about parking my shiny new Spyder and wanted to be sure it would be safe in Ottawa parked at the hotel. I called the Hotel to ask what parking arrangements had been made for the "Spyder Group". I thought they would have made arrangments somewhere secure and out of the weather for our roadsters to be parked as a group. I was told there was no arrangments made for a group parking area. The parking lot is a indoor lot shared with the shopping mall next door. I was told that the self park was $20.00 each time you came and went from the lot in a 24 hr. period. I am thinking probably more than once a day. ( $40.00 a day min. ) The person at the hotel says the cheapest way to park was to do Valet parking for $32.00 a day for in and out as often as you want. Yea, I am going to let a stranger jump on my Spyder and drive it to parking that is shared with the mall next door again possibly a few times a day. And on top of that have to tip the guy for beating on my spyder. Am I being over protective of my new Spydee or just plain cheap not wanting to pay $40.00 a day for parking my own ride in the shared mall parking. Any thoughts? What do other think about valet parking attendants driving your Spyders in a mall parking lot.

Question.............are there Spyder gatherings taking place at the Westin? Just thinking about other options for our stay in Ottawa.

SpyderSteve
03-26-2013, 05:51 AM
The facebook page is the place to go with any questions as the people ( Ben and Scott ) :bowdown: who run it are not members here. I took this off the facebook page for you: we will not park @ the westin as they simply don't have room for all of us...directly across the street is a brand new convention centre with a large parking garage...

we are working with them to arrange parking and our staging area :thumbup:

Buttsy
03-26-2013, 07:48 AM
( Ben and Scott ) :bowdown: who run it are not members here. I took this off the facebook page for you: we will not park @ the westin as they simply don't have room for all of us...directly across the street is a brand new convention centre with a large parking garage...

Seems like the boys are a step ahead of you....................and no your not being over protective.

Marker
03-26-2013, 09:12 AM
The facebook page is the place to go with any questions as the people ( Ben and Scott ) :bowdown: who run it are not members here. I took this off the facebook page for you: we will not park @ the westin as they simply don't have room for all of us...directly across the street is a brand new convention centre with a large parking garage...

:agree: Ben and Scott are looking after us. There are some hotels close by besides the Westin. Just remember to ask how much parking will be before you book a room .

Buttsy
03-26-2013, 09:51 AM
I am actually looking for a weekend getaway with my wife to Chicago. Downtown hotel prices are bad enough (no surprise)but then add $35 to $60 per night to park, WTF?:yikes:

grumpybob
03-26-2013, 10:28 AM
I guess we need to do spYder gatherings in a place like Fulton, NY., parking is free. We don't have parking meters on the streets. Pay to park at a hotel now that is just not right. I complain when I have to pay $5.00 to park at the Fairgrounds for all day. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Buttsy
03-26-2013, 10:37 AM
I guess we need to do spYder gatherings in a place like Fulton, NY., parking is free. We don't have parking meters on the streets. Pay to park at a hotel now that is just not right. I complain when I have to pay $5.00 to park at the Fairgrounds for all day. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

Yeah the principal is kinda tough for me to wrap my head around as well? Imagine someone wanting to stay at a hotel and park their car?:shocked:

Netminder
03-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Is the event full or can we still register? I have been meaning to and always forget! I am just across the river in Gatineau. Hope to see you all there!:thumbup::thumbup:

kaykinder
07-23-2013, 03:16 AM
FYI: The event was full but I emailed them anyway requesting a spot in the case of any cancellation - I got in and had a great time.

BRP provided free parking downtown (even if you weren't staying at that hotel as we are local and didn't need a hotel).

All the spyders were parked in a cluster on the rooftop with security keeping an eye on them 24/7.

They really went all out to take care of us and our spyder. What an awesome event.