PDA

View Full Version : SPYDERLOVERS FROM THE NORTHEAST

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-24-2013, 11:47 PM
EDITING:........Wellllllllllll,,,,Merry Christmas , Happy Birthday, & Have -A-Nice -Day, After reading some of the comments to this Post I almost had a STROKE ....How so many people could so totally mis-construe the message I was trying to convey is beyond my ability to comprehend ....and for anyone who happens to care ( I doubt this ) I am only RE-TIRED from my original profession....I also still have to work .....And this is why I don't have a $100,000 Toy Hauler, or have $10,000 to spend on MODS....I design and build my own......and yes this is a now a FULL BLOWN RANT......But here is the Good news ....THIS IS ALSO MY FINAL POST .....Say goodbye to the Bulldog-" Max "......And if it wasn't for the fact that my GF Dee has her heart set on going to Spyderfest I'd BAG that too !!!!!!!!

ThreeWheels
03-25-2013, 04:16 AM
Why are you amazed we don't go to Spyderfest ?

I consider myself an active rider and go to some rallies each year, but Spyderfest is just too damn far away.

SITA was pretty cool that way.

This year I'm going to try that rally in New Holland PA.

I'm not retired, or even semi-retired.

If I could get get to Spyderfest by taking a day or two off work for a long weekend, I'd go but there's no way I can afford the time off I would need to ride there and back.

I suspect I'm the norm, rather than the exception.

If BRP wanted more participation, they might try several regional activities, maybe 4 throughout the country.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong. I'm sure someone on this site will correct me.

Zygos
03-25-2013, 04:40 AM
Hey Mike and Dee!

Barry and Kate, your neighbors to the east

Staying at the Days Inn

looking forward to meeting you both and to Spyderfest

harrypottar
03-25-2013, 05:13 AM
I would be there too if I could get the time off work. I fully understand it takes a lot to prep for these large events but we have to get our vacation request in very early and some of these events are announced a little too late. I agree with three wheels, closer events are more obtainable not that I mind riding long distances but I can get the odd day off for long weekends.

Managed to get some time off for Maggie Valley.

harry

harrypottar
03-25-2013, 05:51 AM

I consider myself an active rider and go to some rallies each year, but Spyderfest is just too damn far away.

If I could get get to Spyderfest by taking a day or two off work for a long weekend, I'd go but there's no way I can afford the time off I would need to ride there and back.

If BRP wanted more participation, they might try several regional activities, maybe 4 throughout the country.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong. I'm sure someone on this site will correct me.

For a great event you can do on a long weekend I highly recommend Magog about 20 miles north of the border, a little further than SITA. I went last year and had a great time, funny enough that the distance from home to SITA and home to Magog was about the same only about 5 miles different. It's the 2nd week in July, you will need a passport.

harry

Bob Denman
03-25-2013, 06:41 AM
Mike,
I've got to agree with "3"...
I'm still trying to pound my desk into submission here in the office... Perhaps you've forgotten how much fun it ISN'T.... to have to go to work when others are planning trips and good times. :gaah:
The Missus and I have been "living on Day-Trips" for going on three years, and she graciously offered to cover the shop while I go play for the week.

So please try and cut some slack to the folks who are still paying taxes! :roflblack: :thumbup:

rnet
03-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Sorry Mike, but I ride to have fun. I'm sure spyderfest would be lots of fun, however the 1200 interstate miles each way on the spyder would not be for my wife or me.

Champagne
03-25-2013, 07:07 AM
We have a nice group going to Spyderfest why don't you ride with with the
Northeast convoy NY, NJ, so come on

pro10is
03-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Mike, Gotta agree with the rest of the guys, for those of us still working it's very difficult to get the vacation time, we have to compete with all the people at work who take their Spring vacations in April (very popular in the North) and put in for vacation time in early January before the dates for Spyderfest are announced. Also Spyderfest comes a bit too early for those of us in the upper North where temperatures are often still in the 30's-50's with lots of rain or even snow and road conditions after frost season are abysmal until the frost heaves are repaired or settle down. I usually don't start riding until the very end of April as I can't even get off my own road until mud season is finally over. When you take all of this into consideration and then factor in the distance from the Northeast to Missouri you have the reasons why so few from the Northeast attend.

arntufun
03-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Mike, bring food with ya ...........As soon as someone mentions "Jambalaya" turn around and start heading back north. That stuff is nasty !!!!!!!!!! :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-25-2013, 08:38 AM
With enough beer, bacon and hot sauce; anything is edible! :thumbup: :roflblack:

Highwayman2013
03-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Is PA:D from the Northeast? The late announcement of the Spyder Owners event ruled that out for me. I must pick my vacations in early January. Same with Spyderfest, I would love to go but it's the time off and the early time of year that keeps me away.

SporterSpider
03-25-2013, 09:25 AM
I am sure when BRP gets more Spyders on the road they will add another rally in another state. I don't think they will ever be like HD and offer a rally in each state but, the motor company has been around a long time and, is able to do this. I just takes a lot of money and time to do these things. I can't afford to go to Spyderfest so will be at something closer Maggie Valley.:yes: Have a good one!

bhfromme
03-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Let's create another Spyderfest in the Northeast! We don't want to conflict with other events (Spyderfest in April, Laconia in early June, Sturgis in early August) and Labor Day Weekend is a hard one to compete with but in checking the calendar it looks like two weeks before Labor Day would be perfect. I'm sure the good folks from Missouri would help us get started. I mean the mold is there so all we need to do (all, yeah right) is take the existing model and apply it to the Northeast. Spyders and Lobsters would be fun in Maine but we should probably keep it more accessible to our southern and mid-west friends. I'm thinking New York or Pennsylvania. Thoughts?

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-25-2013, 10:28 AM

pro10is
03-25-2013, 11:27 AM
Hi Mike here, considering we comprise 7 States ....Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticutt. It amazes me that we really have very little participation in Spyderfest....I'm embarassed to Quote the actual number......I would like those who are planning to attend to ADD their names to this POST and maybe where they are staying so we could have a get-together and maybe " PAR'TAY " or something, or at least we will know who we are when we're there.......Any thoughts / comments will be appreciated.......Mike & Dee :thumbup: :ohyea:EDITING:........Wellllllllllll,,,,Merry Christmas , Happy Birthday, & Have -A-Nice -Day, After reading some of the comments to this Post I almost had a STROKE ....How so many people could so totally mis-construe the message I was trying to convey is beyond my ability to comprehend ....and for anyone who happens to care ( I doubt this ) I am only RE-TIRED from my original profession....I also still have to work .....And this is why I don't have a $100,000 Toy Hauler, or have $10,000 to spend on MODS....I design and build my own......and yes this is a now a FULL BLOWN RANT......But here is the Good news ....THIS IS ALSO MY FINAL POST .....Say goodbye to the Bulldog-" Max "......And if it wasn't for the fact that my GF Dee has her heart set on going to Spyderfest I'd BAG that too !!!!!!!!

Mike, I'm trying to understand why you're so upset??? You asked a question and we just tried to answer. You said any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. We were just trying to explain why so many Northeast riders have a hard time getting to Spyderfest. Somehow this upset you and I wish I knew why. Certainly no one was insinuating that you could go only because you are retired, I know I wasn't. We were just trying to explain why we couldn't go. Really. That's all there was to it. Nothing else was implied or misconstrued.

I consider you a good friend and it would be a major loss to Spyderlovers if you no longer were around. Please reconsider, don't leave because of a misunderstanding.

Sarge707
03-25-2013, 11:42 AM
I haven,t been to an event yet and don,t have to apologize for that.:lecturef_smilie: I,m 64 -Have been retired from the Military for Over 9 Years and Love the area I,m in and ride both Spyders almost daily All year round:hun:and ride the Supercharged Jet Ski a couple times a week ALL summer.
I like my tiny little ranch on .20 acre:roflblack: I go to the gym 6 Days a week and Spin 3 times a week and do the Arc Trainer 3 times a week!

Driving 1200 miles in 2 days is Not my idea of a Picnic and getting $ in my Saving account is More important to me "Right Now!"

bhfromme
03-25-2013, 11:56 AM
I consider you a good friend and it would be a major loss to Spyderlovers if you no longer were around. Please reconsider, don't leave because of a misunderstanding. Ditto that. Mike, your contributions to Spyderlovers are fun and insightful. I really hope you reconsider. Bill

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-25-2013, 12:11 PM

Bob Denman
03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Mike,
PM sent...

boborgera
03-25-2013, 12:31 PM
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE WAS ADDED TO THE ORIGINAL POST.......IT SHOULD BE READ.....THANKS ....BLUEKNIGHT911

Clear as mud to me. :thumbup:

Highwayman2013
03-25-2013, 01:02 PM
I thought he wanted to know why more of us weren't going and he was.:hun:

Sarge707
03-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Clear as mud to me. :thumbup:

:agree:You said your embarassed of how few Northeast people are attending- Soo several tried to explain? And then????:dontknow::hun:

Hope your Day improves- I,m Going ridin in the cold Gray afternoon!!!:yes:

Bob Denman
03-25-2013, 01:23 PM
I believe that he was trying to sound a "Call to Arms" in order to mobilize a swarm from the Northeast...
and it got "mis-combobulated" in the translation...

PrairieSpyder
03-25-2013, 01:54 PM

I agree it would be nice for BRP to have events in different parts of the country.

But, FWIW, in case it's not already understood, the Spyderfest is in Missouri because it is put on by the Missouri Spyder owners, not the manufacturer.

ARtraveler
03-25-2013, 02:26 PM
PM sent

johnwinslow
03-25-2013, 03:02 PM
http://www.killingtonclassic.com/contact we could hook into this as well, fall is a great time to be in New England, North Conway is also a place with lots of lodging and great riding, my two cents

bbodah
03-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Hello Mike,

My wife Cindy and I (Bill) are going. We are from Sanbornton,NH. We are going to trailer down because we are bringing Product. We will be vendors at the spyderfest with www.web-boards.net (floor boards). Hopefully we can meet, we are staying at the Super 8.

Bill

Montery
03-25-2013, 03:59 PM
I would like very much to attend a Spyderfest,but it seems that the far west is not in the cards to hold one.Living in Arizona it is not feasable for my wife and I to travel so far to attend.Seems like it should be possible to hold one in New Mexico,Nevada or even Colorado.As of now it seems the east has it sewed up.I sure like the idea of having more than one per year.Just my two cents worth..Montery;)

Jharpo
03-25-2013, 04:03 PM
PM Sent

spydaman60
03-25-2013, 04:32 PM
mike, pm'd ya!

ThreeWheels
03-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Let's create another Spyderfest in the Northeast! We don't want to conflict with other events (Spyderfest in April, Laconia in early June, Sturgis in early August) and Labor Day Weekend is a hard one to compete with but in checking the calendar it looks like two weeks before Labor Day would be perfect. I'm sure the good folks from Missouri would help us get started. I mean the mold is there so all we need to do (all, yeah right) is take the existing model and apply it to the Northeast. Spyders and Lobsters would be fun in Maine but we should probably keep it more accessible to our southern and mid-west friends. I'm thinking New York or Pennsylvania. Thoughts?

That's sort of what SITA is, Spyders In The Adirondacks.
Unfortunately, it's been cancelled this year.
I'm trying the New Holland PA rally and may go to either Americade or the Killington Classic.