PDA

View Full Version : Which Highway Pegs for ST

ElZorroRides
03-24-2013, 08:39 PM
I'm looking for highway pegs for my ST. Anyone know which one if any of the existing models for sale will work with the new ST's? :dontknow:

Bryk
03-25-2013, 06:40 AM
I'm in the same boat right now.

I'm just speculating that Lamont is waiting until he gets his own ST(not the loaner) to modify his NBV highway peg setup to the ST.

Lamonster
03-25-2013, 07:16 AM
The bracket for the RS that Custom Dynamics sells will bolt right up. I did put a twist in the bracket links but other than that they work great. :doorag:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/552176_463553540354589_916313380_n.jpg

ElZorroRides
03-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Thank you Lamont. I'll look into those. Not sure if by twist you meant that you added your pegs or if you physically had to twist something a bit to make it work.

Lamonster
03-25-2013, 07:38 AM
Thank you Lamont. I'll look into those. Not sure if by twist you meant that you added your pegs or if you physically had to twist something a bit to make it work.

The bracket will bolt right up, no mod. The link that my peg is bolted to is what I twisted, it's not needed it just felt better to me.

Zygos
03-30-2013, 06:20 AM
The bracket will bolt right up, no mod. The link that my peg is bolted to is what I twisted, it's not needed it just felt better to me.

What length link did you find best? 2" 3" 4" ?

thank you

Lamonster
03-30-2013, 06:23 AM
What length link did you find best? 2" 3" 4" ?

thank you
4"

clueless
06-05-2013, 03:55 PM
will the Kewl Metals one work? which are better Custom Dynamics or Kewl Metal?

I have the Kewl Metals on the RT. they are solid built like a tank...

Where do the Custom Dynamics bolt to on the bottom? can you stand on them full weight?

Sny
06-05-2013, 10:09 PM
The kewl metal ones for the GS/RS won't work on the ST.

clueless
06-06-2013, 04:10 PM
The kewl metal ones for the GS/RS won't work on the ST.

yep spoke with Matt at Kewl Metal and the whole layout under neath for the RS changed... not sure when he will design new ones for the 2013 models :(. Says depends on demand.

looks like the Dynamics ones bolt to the sheet metal underneath and not the frame. is there anyone producing a 2013 highway peg mount that bolts to the frame? ISCI?

mcaccamise
06-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Just an FYI ii have the ISCI floor boards on my 2012 RSS and the brackets that hold the floor boards on also have a place for adding the highway pegs.
That said u can buy just the mount brackets which come out under the lower black plastic air wing for the pegs only,by the way the ISCI boards and mounts are bolted to the underside of the Rotax cases so they should would fit the STS good luck.
Mike

clueless
06-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Just an FYI ii have the ISCI floor boards on my 2012 RSS and the brackets that hold the floor boards on also have a place for adding the highway pegs.
That said u can buy just the mount brackets which come out under the lower black plastic air wing for the pegs only,by the way the ISCI boards and mounts are bolted to the underside of the Rotax cases so they should would fit the STS good luck.
Mike

Hopefully those guys will be around the Owners Event or Lamonts next week. will have to ask them if they fitted one up yet as clearances have changed on the 2013...

bullant12
06-07-2013, 11:01 AM
While in Spyderfest this year, I spoke to Darrell and Billy over ISCI and said that Darrell got an ST loaner so they should be ready to release something soon...
Maybe give them a call and see how ahead are they...:popcorn: