PDA

View Full Version : Water weter??

my3gs
03-24-2013, 05:48 PM
OK I have used water weter a lot everything from my race cars (dirt track) to my daily driver an notice it in all of them 10-17 degree. So has anybody used it in there spyder?? an notice anything? If I can cool it by 10 degree id b happy(only $10) cause that saves wear an tear in the end. I am bone stock for now and I just wraped my pipe with header wrap so I will see if that changes anything first probably wont change the temp just help the heat under the tupperwear. Would like to here any info on water weter???

Chupaca
03-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Don't know the degrees but usually one bar lower. Don't have a temp meter just digital bar scale..:thumbup:

Mayhem
03-24-2013, 06:41 PM
I use it, it seems to help a little. I just figure it's one of those can't really hurt sort of things.

fyrertuck
03-24-2013, 07:08 PM
For warmer day's I use Inspector Gadgets air deflectors

These air deflectors aid the air flow through the radiators, thereby reducing the engine temperature and reducing the felt heat on the right foot when it is resting on the splashguard footrests.
The deflectors are made from 6" aluminum fascia material that can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes.
They can be painted any color you choose and attached with velcro, so they can be removed for cleaning.
http://www.spyderrt.info/1_5_U-DO-IT.html

I made upper and lower a-frame ones. On very hot day's I install all 4 deflectors. On cold day's I remove as needed. Yes I use screws.

Now I plain on rapping the exhaust to. I also plain on removing the air intake resonator and this will help drive more air down the body.

Ga Blue Knight
03-24-2013, 07:20 PM
I have used water wetter and it seemed to be one bar lower on my RS. Using it on my RT but really can't tell any difference with the analog gauge. Can't hurt though.

pickelhead
03-24-2013, 10:40 PM
What's a water wetter?:dontknow:

Smokinspyder
03-24-2013, 10:46 PM
yeah I have it in my spyder . seems to work pretty good !

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-24-2013, 11:19 PM

grumpybob
03-25-2013, 10:22 AM
I used it in my '09 GS. It seemed to help.