PDA

View Full Version : Finally...springtime in Iowa!

Farmbanker
03-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Might be low 40's, might be piles of snow all around, but I finally got Frankensmurf out of the shed and put 50 miles behind us! :ohyea: It felt GREAT! :thumbup::thumbup:

Baja Ron swaybar performed as advertised. Minimal body roll, suspesion still as smooth as before. Took the corners even faster. Wow!

Now if only we weren't going to get more snow tonight......:banghead:

Chupaca
03-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Springtime in Iowa is one day...glad you got in a ryde anyway. Hopefully soon..!! :pray::pray::pray:

Farmbanker
03-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Springtime in Iowa is one day...glad you got in a ryde anyway. Hopefully soon..!! :pray::pray::pray:
It's been a tough one. Last year was the warmest March on record. 80's for a number of days. This year is on track to be the coldest on record. Global warming my a&$! So yeah, one day but I will take it. Please send a little of that air to the east? Please? :-)

ARtraveler
03-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Glad to hear you got a ride in. We got two inches of snow overnight.

Deanna777
03-23-2013, 04:31 PM
We have still have alot of snow in Vermont :( :( :gaah: :gaah::yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Deanna777:ohyea:

GuitarPlayer
03-23-2013, 04:59 PM
I agree with you, I think we've had more than enough snow. It can melt any time now.

I did get some stuff accomplished today though. I connected up my battery tender to the battery, and got my motorcycle permit by acing the test.:yes: I'm also signed up for the MSF course at Hawkeye Community Collegethe weekend of Spyderfest.:gaah:So hopefully I'll have my endorsement after I pass the class. I'm also registered for Maggie Valley, figured out which rout I'm taking and have even reserved hotels for the trip. I also plan on attending Lamont's barbecue. Don't know if I'm being stupid or not, taking a 2000 mile trip on a machine that I'll just be getting used to, but I figure if I don't get used to the Spyder by the end of the trip, I'll never get used to it.

Tony

bertmc
03-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Now if only we weren't going to get more snow tonight......:banghead:

You're lucky being farther north tonight--we're looking for 7-10" down here on I-70.

missouriboy
03-24-2013, 05:01 AM
You're lucky being farther north tonight--we're looking for 7-10" down here on I-70.
Gack! I used to live 20 mi. north of Columbia... 7-10" in March? That's why I used to live there!

Saturday it hit 101F here in Edinburg, so I didn't do any ryding, I can do that prolly 350 days per year. So I did stuff indoors with AC on.

Baja Ron swaybar performed as advertised. Minimal body roll, suspesion still as smooth as before. Took the corners even faster. Wow!
Question: If BRP engineering is so great, how come their swaybar is so mediocre? :yikes:

Also: How do you spell the past tense of "ryde"? :doorag:

otter28169
03-24-2013, 05:59 AM
........... How do you spell the past tense of "ryde"? :doorag:

I believe it would be "rode", no real way to define it as a spyder ryde though.

wolfee
03-24-2013, 06:48 AM
Where did spring go. Snowing here now and cold. Can't believe it was I the 50's a couple of weeks ago.

Captain Fin
03-24-2013, 07:31 AM
I am happy to hear you we're able to get out on your Spyder. We go from Spring to Summer here.

Bob Denman
03-24-2013, 07:48 AM
"past tense of ryde"?
That's easy; "waiting for the next ryde" :thumbup:

I heard on the Weather Channel that Missouri is getting a dumping of snow... :yikes:
AND ONLY 30 DAYS MORE TO GO! :ohyea::yes:

bertmc
03-24-2013, 05:12 PM
[QUOTE=missouriboy;594091]
Also: How do you spell the past tense of "ryde"? :doorag:[/QUOTE

Well, why not "ryded"? It ain't much worser than some of the other grammar on here, is it? (No offense to anyone.)

missouriboy
03-24-2013, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=missouriboy;594091]
Also: How do you spell the past tense of "ryde"? :doorag:[/QUOTE

Well, why not "ryded"? It ain't much worser than some of the other grammar on here, is it? (No offense to anyone.)PERFECT!! Why didn't I think of that? :yes:

Since Spyder lovers coined the term "ryde" then why not "ryded", hey? Great!

Grammar errors are no biggie, they bite all of us now and then. But what really distracts me is the way so many intelligent people have bought into the recent "vogue" of misusing the word 'issue' as a synonym for 'problem'. It AIN'T a synonym for 'problem'! Hey, you could look it up...

Sorry for the rant. Carry on now, please. :pray: