PDA

View Full Version : Talon Alarm

daddydarko
04-25-2008, 07:39 AM
I decided to install my talon alarm system the other day. The manual says "installs in minutes". :edit:! Try 7 1/2 hours and counting. In Talon's defense, most of my difficulties were due to placement issues and short cables on the Spyder.

I currently have it running without the perimeter sensor and the starter relay switch is bypassed. What does this leave? If you sit on or touch my :spyder:, she howls like a banshee. Found out that HDs with crappy baffles also trigger the tilt sensor and set off the alarm. *sigh* I'll have to play with the sensitivity.

I'll post some pics of my installation when I have the perimeter sensor loaded and have worked out the bugs.

Danimal
04-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Removed in protest of censorship. All of my tips will only be availabe elsewhere online.

Dyno824
05-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Wow ,Helped a fellow spyder owner install a talon with kens plug and play circuit,took about 4 hrs.Could imagine doing it without the plug and play circuit and the pictures that came with the kit.Regards

daddydarko
05-02-2008, 06:12 AM
Wow ,Helped a fellow spyder owner install a talon with kens plug and play circuit,took about 4 hrs.Could imagine doing it without the plug and play circuit and the pictures that came with the kit.Regards

Yeah, I should've gone with Ken's kit. Live and learn. I do have to say, however, that the Talon people are very responsive and helpful.

2faston3
05-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Yes, tell me all about it.

I bought it, not from Ken, but with spyder harness, no instructions to go with it though. 6 hrs later got it installed. It didn't work. Apparently "Brain" is dead.

So will uninstall, ship it back and see what happens...

2faston3

spyder13
05-10-2008, 07:40 AM
I have to agree about the Talon people being very helpful. My siren quit working called Ken. He had the Talon people call me to see symtons and they sent me new parts.working again.

SSL4X4
06-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Good info!! You guys are definitely teaching me things to look out for. I have been looking at the Talon for my Spyder that I have on order. I will definitely get the one modified for the Spyder and save myself some time thanks to your post!!

By the way, Daddydarko I am getting red. Is yours a factory Red one or did you have it painted? I am curious if the red is bright fire engine or a darker crimson color. Your pics appear to be bright red?

daddydarko
06-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Good info!! You guys are definitely teaching me things to look out for. I have been looking at the Talon for my Spyder that I have on order. I will definitely get the one modified for the Spyder and save myself some time thanks to your post!!

By the way, Daddydarko I am getting red. Is yours a factory Red one or did you have it painted? I am curious if the red is bright fire engine or a darker crimson color. Your pics appear to be bright red?

The talon people are awesome. Almost as awesome as Magic Man. :bigthumbsup:

My Spyder is supposed to be the same red as the BRP red. My dealer called BRP for the color codes. I think it's actually called 2008 Corvette Red. Grats on the good color sense! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Oxblood
06-04-2008, 02:14 PM
I'll be using a Zena disc lock with alarm.

http://www.baysideperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5475

spiderrider
06-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I'll be using a Zena disc lock with alarm.

http://www.baysideperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5475

I have one that I'll sell, it doesn't fit the Spyder. There is not enough clearance between the front rim and the disc and the rear disc has a flange on the right hand side that stops the lock from going on far enough to lock it.

Oxblood
06-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Damn, there goes that idea, then.

Danimal
06-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Easy way to tear up a disc if you ask me.... forget about it once... just once... and you'll be sorry.

NancysToy
06-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Easy way to tear up a disc if you ask me.... forget about it once... just once... and you'll be sorry.

Those aren't exactly the words my friend used when she tried to ride off, and screwed up her Honda GB500. Ouch!!! :agree: Too much of a liability for an old man like me, with fewer brain cells than he used to have.
-Scotty

3_WHEELER_DEALER
06-05-2008, 03:57 PM
I have been using the Scorpio alarm systems on the last couple of spyders we have sold. They work great. Comes with the perimeter sensor,pager,battery backup, and panic mode. Sells for around 350.00