PDA

View Full Version : Digital display color

spydermyke990
03-21-2013, 11:23 PM
While fiddling around with my spyder in the garage (no, I didn't break it yet, but I just can't resist tinkering since old man winter is giving me a hard time), I noticed that the display changes color scheme depending on whether I'm in bright daylight or dim light. Yet there is nothing in the manual. Anyone else notice this?

sharbill
03-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Yes, the display will change to aide the driver during hours of darkness. Orange is for faults and open doors and dark gray is for night or dim light.

SpyderAnn01
03-21-2013, 11:32 PM
We have some street lights here in Las Vegas that are so bright they will trigger the dash lights on my Spyder to go back and forth from the night setting to the daytime one. :banghead:

harrypottar
03-22-2013, 05:37 AM
Yes, the display will change to aide the driver during hours of darkness. Orange is for faults and open doors and dark gray is for night or dim light.

Just an FYI, on my 2012 RT Limited, burnt orange is the night time color, didn't want anyone to think they have a fault.

harry

Bob Denman
03-22-2013, 07:03 AM
The older bikes had blue...

bluestratos
03-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Yes, my 2011 turns blue at night, orange if I have a fault... ask me how I know? lol

ARtraveler
03-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Yes, as the previous posters have said. The screens will change from a day to a night mode. Since we don't have much of a night time issue here, I mostly get to see my screen change modes when going from garage to outside and visa versa.

Jeriatric
03-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Really like blue :thumbup: Can see and read the screen SO much better at night as compared to daytime screen!!

Bob Denman
03-22-2013, 01:46 PM
:agree: But not enough to ride only at night! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_220.gif

StanProff
03-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Really like blue :thumbup: Can see and read the screen SO much better at night as compared to daytime screen!!

I agree, the night time Blue screen is really a good looking screen and easier to read (in my opinion) than the daytime gray. Is there a way to trick it into staying on the night screen??? where's the sensor??

StriperKing
03-22-2013, 10:05 PM

I liked the blue so much I made the guages look the same.65114

TicketBait
03-23-2013, 12:24 AM
Nice one striperking:thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-23-2013, 08:47 AM
:agree: We've also had a member from Spain recently change his to purple...:shocked:

Stan,
I agree... Where's that sensor, and would a couple of strips of tape over it suffice to trick it into "nighttime mode"?

StanProff
04-04-2013, 11:25 PM
:agree: We've also had a member from Spain recently change his to purple...:shocked:

Stan,
I agree... Where's that sensor, and would a couple of strips of tape over it suffice to trick it into "nighttime mode"?

I played with mine and put electrical tape on it and I could get it to change (in my garage) and thought I had located the sensor to the left of the display covering an inch wide area down beside it. I could get it to change back and forth. Well, I left the tape on and had the blue screen and backed out of the garagee and boom, it changed back! :banghead: The lighs in the garage were on and still the daylight made it change back. It has me stumped.

my3gs
04-05-2013, 05:11 AM
Yes I love Blue I had to add mine.65888

mjw930
04-05-2013, 05:44 AM
Ok, now I'm sure all the ST owners and completely confused. 2013 ST's DO NOT have a blue night screen, it changes to orange at night.

Remember folks, this is the ST forum, what happens on an RT isn't really relevant.

Bob Denman
04-05-2013, 07:06 AM
My heavy-duty thumb tells me that if you put a chunk of electrical tape over the 1:00 O'clock position on the analog speedometer display; it'll switch ver to nighttime mode... (Been thumbing around that display and confirmed the location...)

StanProff
04-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Ok, now I'm sure all the ST owners and completely confused. 2013 ST's DO NOT have a blue night screen, it changes to orange at night.

Remember folks, this is the ST forum, what happens on an RT isn't really relevant.

We are talking about the location of the ambient light sensor, it is relevant if it has a display and it changes color at night. I would think the sensor is in the same location on the RT, RS, ST. All some of us are saying is we like the look of the nighttime screen, on our model, and are looking for the sensor to fake it out .

Bob Denman
04-06-2013, 08:06 AM
:agree::2thumbs:

StanProff
04-07-2013, 06:48 PM
My heavy-duty thumb tells me that if you put a chunk of electrical tape over the 1:00 O'clock position on the analog speedometer display; it'll switch ver to nighttime mode... (Been thumbing around that display and confirmed the location...)

Bob, I thumbed and taped around that silly spot today and could never seem to narrow it down to a postage stamp size spot. Yep, it changes and i could keep it there with about three peices of tape. I would peel them off one at a time and boom! it would never let me know just where it is. I think that the sensor is so very sensitive to ambient light that it will catch a reflection and change back very easily. This made me have to cover up more than actually necessary to make it stay changed to night mode. I am thinking that if the plastic lens is removed and tape could be directly stuck on the sensor spot the bleedover light or reflection would not affect it. O.K. now someone go ahead and take it apart and let us know what happens :p :)