PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate seat cover

spydrluvr
03-21-2013, 07:33 PM
My ultimate seat cover ripped at a seam the very first time I used it. I have ordered a replacement, but was wondering if anyone has tried anything else successfully...(scotty, I cannot make my own).

I am ridiculously concerned about the fact that the seat is not waterproof:banghead: so just thought I'd ask what others were doing.:dontknow:

Kim

samewok
03-21-2013, 08:01 PM
I have the cycle shade for large bikes. Their sight is www.cycleshade.com.
I can put it on in about 2 minutes and it is stowed in an attach pouch.

spydaman60
03-21-2013, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=spydrluvr;592762]My ultimate seat cover ripped at a seam the very first time I used it. I have ordered a replacement, but was wondering if anyone has tried anything else successfully...(scotty, I cannot make my own).

I am ridiculously concerned about the fact that the seat is not waterproof:banghead: so just thought I'd ask what others were doing.:dontknow:

Kim[/QUOTE I would think they should send you one without billing you. they are great people to work with. I have riden without the cover in several storms:yikes: without any problem. nojokedon't do it intentionally, but got caught in a couple of storms last year at sita.

mjw930
03-21-2013, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't be all that concerned about riding in the rain. I've ridden thousands of miles on an Ultimate in all weather conditions and they dry out just like every other seat out there without any ill effects. There's nothing special or unique about the foam and the vinyl is a top end marine grade so there's really nothing to worry about.

jwmcclellan
03-22-2013, 10:07 AM
It isn't ill effects to the seat I'm worried about. Last time I road my bike in the rain, for days afterwards every time I sat on the seat heading to work my pants got wet. Seems silly to have to wear my rain pants on sunshine days just because my seat hasn't dried out yet.