PDA

View Full Version : Trying to purchase.

keltic
03-21-2013, 11:49 AM
I am thinking that Can AM dealers do not need to sell any Can Ams. I have been trying to get a solid price on a white 2013 RT limited for over a week, and all I get is a run around. Like Well..................maybe we can do this. We will work with you.....but no one gives me a solid price. I am willing to pay cash but do want the best deal I can get. This is worst than when I bought my Goldwing. I want the bike within the next week or at least a deal made. Sorry for the rant but I am getting tried of spinning and not getting any where. You would think that selling a 30,000 dollar bike you could get some answers or some deals.

flaggerphil
03-21-2013, 11:50 AM
How about just flat telling them you have cash in hand and want their absolute best price right now or you're walking...?

Then walk if they still waffle.

Jeriatric
03-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Contact or go see these folks.

http://www.procaliberlongview.com/index.htm

boborgera
03-21-2013, 12:03 PM
I am thinking that Can AM dealers do not need to sell any Can Ams. I have been trying to get a solid price on a white 2013 RT limited for over a week, and all I get is a run around. Like Well..................maybe we can do this. We will work with you.....but no one gives me a solid price. I am willing to pay cash but do want the best deal I can get. This is worst than when I bought my Goldwing. I want the bike within the next week or at least a deal made. Sorry for the rant but I am getting tried of spinning and not getting any where. You would think that selling a 30,000 dollar bike you could get some answers or some deals.

Money talks, But Sometimes trying too hard to get the ''As'' you say best deal. Sends signals to the salesperson your not a serious buyer .:dontknow:

Dragonrider
03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
+1 for Pro Calaber/Longview. They are our area's best dealer, with a great service department. You might want to talk to the dealer in Cuba, MO. They also have a great rep - but with any new bike, pre-delivery set up is everything!!

You should consider the RTs offered in our 4 Sale forum - some of those are terrific deals, and shipping is around $1K, or less, from anywhere in the US. I had mine shipped from VT, when I bought it, two years ago, and I'm still a happy rider….

Chupaca
03-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Are you dealing by phone or actually going in..?? I find it hard to believe you get the run around if you are standing there cash in hand..!!:dontknow:

ARtraveler
03-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Keep us posted. It kind of makes one wonder sometimes.

Some Guy
03-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Are you dealing by phone or actually going in..?? I find it hard to believe you get the run around if you are standing there cash in hand..!!:dontknow:
That stealership may not want cash, they make lots of money doing financing deals. nojoke

Bob Denman
03-21-2013, 06:14 PM
How about just flat telling them you have cash in hand and want their absolute best price right now or you're walking...?

Then walk if they still waffle.

:agree:

spyder-dude
03-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Yeah I have experience this recently when trying to purchase my new STS. Also getting a return phone call is sometimes very difficult as well......You would think spending $20-30k they would be all over it but I guess the customer service is hard to find now a days. I went back to my trust worthy dealer in upstate NY and as usual they are very responsive and willing to sell a spyder!

mjw930
03-21-2013, 08:16 PM
That stealership may not want cash, they make lots of money doing financing deals. nojoke

Not true in the powersports world, especially with captive financing like Sheffield. It's not like the car dealerships and even those are not making the kinds of markups they used too since the captive finance companies are undercutting the local banks, where most of the kickbacks used to happen.

Cash is king in the Powersports business.

mjw930
03-21-2013, 08:19 PM

That's what I'm thinking. I've never been in a dealership where I've shown an interest and asked for a price where I wasn't given one. Can't say the same thing over the phone. The only time I've been able to successfully negotiate over the phone is when the dealer has advertised the bike/car on the internet or it's been a dealership / salesman who frequents internet forums like this.

Red angel
03-21-2013, 08:51 PM
We have had good luck with the service department at Lynwood Motor Plex in Lynwoon,wa on hwy 99 speak to the tall Chris in service he will refer to a good salesmen tell him the couple on Camano Island sent you. Let me know how you make out.

Rockwall
03-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Spyders sell so unfortunately you just can't deal them down as much as you think you might. No one is giving them away.

sharbill
03-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Try Life Styles Honda in Mt. Vernon WA. I walked in to their dealership in 2011 and asked then for their best cash deal on my 2011 RTS. It took me two hours and I walked out with the Orbital Blue RTS with seal floorboards ($600), my 600 mile service (free), and my first oil change (free). All of this for $26,800 with a BRP comm add on at a future date. Talk to Cris, he will do you right.

Bonniele
03-21-2013, 11:20 PM

Call Cody Wade at Redding Yamaha 530-275-7300 (Redding, CA)...tell him that Bonnie Vukonich said to call him. Tell him what you have written above. We bought our (two) RS SE5's from him and love them. We were just there yesterday and had them in for maintenance before our long trip to Spyder Fest. :yes:

Bonniele
03-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Call Cody Wade at Redding Yamaha 530-275-7300 (Redding, CA)...tell him that Bonnie Vukonich said to call him. Tell him what you have written above. We bought our (two) RS SE5's from him and love them. We were just there yesterday and had them in for maintenance before our long trip to Spyder Fest. :yes:

AND, we then we went over (130+ miles through the mountain roads in winter weather) to get them and paid cash. They were VERY happy with cash. We rode them home. Call Cody Wade at Redding Yamaha and tell them Bonnie Vukonich sent you. :yes:

keltic
03-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I have been traveling to all the local dealers and telling them I have cash. I finally made a deal today. Pro Caliber in Longview WA. but it took 4 days to get information and that was even driving up to Longview and talking with them and I still got round about answers. But today I call said I was dealing with a Portland dealer( I was) and they made me a great deal. Now they just have to find the right color.:yes::yes:

Firefly
03-22-2013, 04:57 AM
Crazy story. Heck..Len did my deal on my 2012 RT within a couple hours.

Captain Fin
03-22-2013, 05:27 AM
I purchased my RTS new over the internet and saved approximately $7,000.00 compared to what the local dealer was asking.
I still get great service from the local dealer and have $7,000.00 for farkles. Yes I had to fly from Florida to Minnesota to pick up the bike, but what a great trip back to Florida.
It would have been cheaper to have the Spyder shipped to me but I would have missed the ryde.