PDA

View Full Version : Juice Box pro Tuning and Map Building

vtspyder
03-21-2013, 08:14 AM
OK, Finally got around to doing a video of the experience I had w/ tuning my 2010 rs sm5 w/ the juice box pro. I tried to present things in a way that someone who has never done this sort of thing before can easily understand. It's fairly exhaustive and yes, quite boring for those that have no interest in this. I am NOT a good speaker when it comes to this kind of thing so my apologies. I wish I had this info when I began the process as I hacked my way thru it a couple of years ago. Air box removal can be found here :

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?40911-RS-GS-Spyder-Breakdown-Arntufun-Style-Updated-Version

Be sure and thank Randy for doing that video. Really well done! Kudos to you Randy! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I'll try to help as best I can.

Anyone considering a JB Pro because they can't afford a PC V w/Auto Tune hopefully will find the information useful. Video can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXgGNyGKWhY

mellowcmb
03-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Great info!!!! Will definitely try out the different settings on my juicebox.

Eihsauqm
03-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Thanks for this. I just installed a JB Pro today! :clap:

vtspyder
03-22-2013, 07:29 AM
Ur welcome gang. Don't be afraid to chime in with what works for you and ALL the "gory" details. Every Spyder is a little different as well as atmospheric conditions. Let us all know your experiences with tuning. I would like this to be a collaborative thread where people can go in one place to get answers.:thumbup:

Machinegunner
03-24-2013, 10:48 AM
My wife and I both have Juice Box Pros, Kwellmetal air filters, SuperTrapp mufflers with 18 discs. We both use map 005 available from Powercommander. She picked up about 5mpg and terrific performance gains. The mufflers really complimented the Juice Box much better than the Hindle with the baffle removed.

mellowcmb
03-28-2013, 12:57 AM
Steve,
You did a magnificent job on this! The maps you sent me have improved the Spyder's performance greatly.

Folks, if you have an aftermarket exhaust and air filter but no fuel controller, you are missing a WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD! Believe me when I say that the improved performance will knock your socks off. Smooth in all RPM ranges, no more popping , and quick as heck :2thumbs:. Try it. You won't regret it. Steve has done all the homework for us. Just plug and play. Thanks again Steve!

vtspyder
04-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Steve,
You did a magnificent job on this! The maps you sent me have improved the Spyder's performance greatly.

Folks, if you have an aftermarket exhaust and air filter but no fuel controller, you are missing a WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD! Believe me when I say that the improved performance will knock your socks off. Smooth in all RPM ranges, no more popping , and quick as heck :2thumbs:. Try it. You won't regret it. Steve has done all the homework for us. Just plug and play. Thanks again Steve!

Wow, all I can say is thank you for the kind words and the opportunity to give back something that might be of help! SL is the first and only place I go to to find a wealth of information about the Spyder. Special thanks to Lamont and all the others that contribute so freely here. It's truly an irreplaceable recourse!nojoke