PDA

View Full Version : To Whom It May Concern

Wiredux
03-20-2013, 01:00 PM
To Whom It May Concern:

Let me first start off and state that this post is NOT directed at any particular individual.

I for one am very happy with BRP and their products. I think that BRP does a great job of helping people enjoy the outdoors through innovative products like the Spyder. I have been a long-standing BRP customer since my first Rotax Engine for the fist kit airplane I put together. It seems if there are a lot of people complain about fuel mileage as well as other things about their Spyder. Granted some of them are legitimate but fuel should not be one of them. Who actually took the time and did their research on what kind of fuel mileage Spyders got before they put their name on the paperwork. I did not look at fuel millage when I bought the Spyder, but I knew what to expect at the pump. I purchased it because it is a Spyder, a unique and sexy vehicle to be on (plus wife out her foot down on 2 wheels). Complaining about it after you purchased it, in my opinion is wrong. Should have done more homework before you put you name on the paperwork to take it home. When I bought my Sea-Doo Challenger I did not care about the fuel consumption either, and it is worse then the Spyder. I am also seeing a lot of others complain about the clothing and accessories that BRP has to offer. In my opinion there are a lot of other places to get your gear if you are unhappy with what BRP has to offer. I am sure that they may be open to licensing their logo to you and you can start a new line if that is what you would like. You don’t see BRP selling all of the LED lights and aftermarket parts that we are all putting on our Spyders. I enjoy my time on this particular forum but I get irritated with all of the complaints that come on here. Some of them are very valid and some of them in my opinion are not completely thought out. All I am asking is please put your thoughts together before just rambling on about your MPG and accessories that you don’t like from BRP. I feel as if we as a group support bashing BRP they are going to be less responsive to what are needs or wants are. All I am asking is if you have a complaint please sit down and really think about the challenge at hand. Is posting you complaint about a company going to do any good? In my opinion, No. Posting and asking for feedback because you are going to contact BRP about a specific issue, great idea, I am sure that many of us would give you feedback. Letting us know that you have contacted BRP or your dealer about an issue or how a issue was handled/resolved I think is great, because it gives everyone the knowledge if we come across that same thing you have.

Just my $0.02

Stay Alert, Stay Alive

Dan

Chupaca
03-20-2013, 01:07 PM
:agree: I'll add $.02 as well..:thumbup:

bruiser
03-20-2013, 01:19 PM
:agree:

jerpinoy
03-20-2013, 01:48 PM
:agree: IMO I think some :spyder2:members just want to start a dialog and support from our members who cares and humors that makes life more fun. We cannot satisfy everybody but join the one we can.:yes:

Life is too short to be mad, Lets have fun and keep the humors more funnier.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-20-2013, 01:52 PM
:agree: with a proviso... :shocked:
Not everything is just peachy-keen and rosy all of the time; those issues should be brought up openly without fear of reprisals...
As long as they are brought up in a reasonably polite and respectful way...
The fun of this; is that you don't know what you don't want to hear until you actually hear it! :gaah:
If we all just treat each other with a bit of respect and kindness; everything sure goes a lot smoother! :thumbup:
(IMHO)

otter28169
03-20-2013, 01:58 PM
To Whom It May Concern:

Let me first start off and state that this post is NOT directed at any particular individual.

I for one am very happy with BRP and their products. I think that BRP does a great job of helping people enjoy the outdoors through innovative products like the Spyder. I have been a long-standing BRP customer since my first Rotax Engine for the fist kit airplane I put together. It seems if there are a lot of people complain about fuel mileage as well as other things about their Spyder. Granted some of them are legitimate but fuel should not be one of them. Who actually took the time and did their research on what kind of fuel mileage Spyders got before they put their name on the paperwork. I did not look at fuel millage when I bought the Spyder, but I knew what to expect at the pump. I purchased it because it is a Spyder, a unique and sexy vehicle to be on (plus wife out her foot down on 2 wheels). Complaining about it after you purchased it, in my opinion is wrong. Should have done more homework before you put you name on the paperwork to take it home. When I bought my Sea-Doo Challenger I did not care about the fuel consumption either, and it is worse then the Spyder. I am also seeing a lot of others complain about the clothing and accessories that BRP has to offer. In my opinion there are a lot of other places to get your gear if you are unhappy with what BRP has to offer. I am sure that they may be open to licensing their logo to you and you can start a new line if that is what you would like. You don’t see BRP selling all of the LED lights and aftermarket parts that we are all putting on our Spyders. I enjoy my time on this particular forum but I get irritated with all of the complaints that come on here. Some of them are very valid and some of them in my opinion are not completely thought out. All I am asking is please put your thoughts together before just rambling on about your MPG and accessories that you don’t like from BRP. I feel as if we as a group support bashing BRP they are going to be less responsive to what are needs or wants are. All I am asking is if you have a complaint please sit down and really think about the challenge at hand. Is posting you complaint about a company going to do any good? In my opinion, No. Posting and asking for feedback because you are going to contact BRP about a specific issue, great idea, I am sure that many of us would give you feedback. Letting us know that you have contacted BRP or your dealer about an issue or how a issue was handled/resolved I think is great, because it gives everyone the knowledge if we come across that same thing you have.
Just my $0.02
Stay Alert, Stay Alive
Dan
My spyder is the best money I have ever spent. Even better than the dozens of ski-doo sleds I have ridden over the years. I too am a fan of all things BRP. Yes there have been design issues in the past with sleds, and spyders. These are not things that other companies would have been able to build absolutely perfect either. If you want the newest things out there, you are gonna run into some snags every now and then. I think spyder ryders, myself included, are spoiled by all of the things BRP has done right. Like spoiled children we will always want more. I cannot wait until the roads clear so I have less time to post, and more to ryde. If I am gonna complain, it is gonna be about the weather.

Just sayin'............

ARtraveler
03-20-2013, 02:04 PM
As usual, a slightly different take on this. I believe you are treading a very fine line here.

There are always people that will continue to have complaints and unhappiness with the product. There are legitmate complaints and there are those that are somewhat off the wall. It is easy to see which is which just by reading the post. Lately, a lot of people on the site seem to be very much against those who voice any opinion different than theirs.

I was flamed by a few when I made the suggestion that there might actually be a problem with the 2013's and the front end situations. This was before the official information came out. Two weeks later, everyone was talking about the problems with alignment and ball joints.

IMO: the site pretty much takes care of itself concerning subject matter. The closure and lock down of various subject matter happens, but not on a frequent basis.

Asbestos Suit: ON :roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-20-2013, 02:26 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_1.gif :roflblack::roflblack: you don't need asbestos for anything that you said... :thumbup:

mxz600
03-20-2013, 02:30 PM
I too am a fan of all things BRP.
Me too. In fact I give them free advertising every time i pull my trailer down the road.

Wiredux
03-20-2013, 02:33 PM
:agree: with a proviso... :shocked:
Not everything is just peachy-keen and rosy all of the time; those issues should be brought up openly without fear of reprisals...
As long as they are brought up in a reasonably polite and respectful way...
The fun of this; is that you don't know what you don't want to hear until you actually hear it! :gaah:
If we all just treat each other with a bit of respect and kindness; everything sure goes a lot smoother! :thumbup:
(IMHO)

Bob I have to agree. I am a firm believer that we have a louder voice as a collective then we do as an individual. I have had my issues with some of my products that I have, but I have always been taken care of by the manufacture. As a matter of fact I am actually working on a letter to BRP about a customer advisory board as I don't believe they have one. I see a problem, let me see what I can do about assisting to provide a solution. I am not bashing BRP, just giving them an idea.

juliantrost
03-20-2013, 03:51 PM
I actually agree with everything posted thus far, but wanted to add two things:

1. I personally do not care for nagging and continuous calls with "Just checking in" or "How do you like or product", from some of the vendors or companies. Send me a survey and I will fill it out, past that I am OK, unless there is an issue and I will not be shy about calling you if I need you.

2. As for BRP specifically; I have dealt with all lot of Canadian companies in my line of work and BRP' service by FAR better than others. Although I only had to call them once, I did have an extremely pleasant conversation with a follow up to see if my request was satisfied.

So, as been stated previously: to each is own, but one man's "poor" experience, doesn't have to set a standard or expectations for others.

bruisersbaby
03-20-2013, 04:01 PM
There are always going to be issues with any product, whether big or small. Bruiser and I have had issues, but more with the dealership than with BRP itself. We are happy when we are ryding, and enjoy every second of it!! :clap:

Bob Denman
03-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Bob I have to agree. I am a firm believer that we have a louder voice as a collective then we do as an individual. I have had my issues with some of my products that I have, but I have always been taken care of by the manufacture. As a matter of fact I am actually working on a letter to BRP about a customer advisory board as I don't believe they have one. I see a problem, let me see what I can do about assisting to provide a solution. I am not bashing BRP, just giving them an idea.

:agree: Amen! :bowdown: :clap: :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
03-20-2013, 05:33 PM
I already stepped into the other mess. So I'm staying out of this pen. Oh . . . wait. . .

Never mind.:dontknow:

Arr MiHardies
03-20-2013, 09:27 PM
As many of you may recall, last year, BRP called a great many of its customers to get their opinion, in person, about the machine, and what they would like to see in the future. They only called once in the year and a half i've owned my machine. That to me isn't pestering, and I love they called to find out my opinion. Doesn't seem as though they followed any of my advice yet though. ;)

bertmc
03-21-2013, 04:25 AM
I usually don't like to be pestered by manufacturers, but if BRP asked me what I would like to see changed, I would give them plenty of constructive feedback. Not because I don't like my Spyder, but because I would like it better if they had asked me what I wanted and built it that way. If a lot of others wanted the same changes, maybe they would change. I have commented on other threads, not to be complaining, but to join with others who wished for similar features.

Many of us who came from 35 years of riding turn-key Japanese and German touring bikes suspect that BRP is not yet willing to invest in the cost of new engine and frame design for the RT because they can get by using what they have. They have no competition. Makes good business sense, I guess, and lots of you say you like it the way it is and quit griping. But lots of us sure do miss the smooth power and comfort of a big low-revving engine, shaft drive and a bit more room in the seating areas. For us, those are characteristics of a good touring bike, and the Spyder falls a bit short. There are even some legitimate complaints about other features, but that's not my point. I'm just sayin' that if lots of us would like to see a few changes, we have to express that, and maybe some day it will happen. But if Honda beats them to it, a lot of us will jump ship. Not likely, though, is it?

I like my Spyder, I'm not complaining, I'm just "Wishin' and Hopin' "

effgjamis
03-21-2013, 05:08 AM
wee bit political I think...

Mad Mike
03-21-2013, 06:28 AM
I agree with the original post..It reminds me of a rule sheet/ad for a golf tournament I played in once..In bold letters, in the middle of the sheet it Stated..."If Your Going To Bit.h Don't Play"... I just wanted a bike that my Wife would feel safe on and I bought it. Less than a year later the dealership closed it's doors..Still no complaints. Everything transferred to another dealership close to me and same mechanic (who in my opinion is EXCELLENT). THANK YOU BRP !!!!!!!:thumbup:

Spy+
03-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Having problems or issues with the Spyder or clothing options, then sell the bike and get something else. nojoke