PDA

View Full Version : Malstad Windshield

blambert
03-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Folks,

Installed the Malstad Engineering windshield ( 24 inch smoked color). Easy to install, I adjusted the angle to the document specs i.e. 60 degree angle andset initial height so that I have good visibility over the shield. First thingI noticed on my initial ride is the significantly less wind sound in my helmet.The Malstad sits further away from the bike body which allows air up from thebottom of the windshield counter-acting the wind turbulence coming over the topfrom the standard BRP 25 and 23 inch shields - it is wonderful. In addition theside wings are removed allowing more cool air to come around by the driver’sbody. I did buy the addition hand guards which work with my extended mirrors.

Regards,

Lambo

Chupaca
03-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Nice job. Sounds like it has helped a good deal with your ryding comfort...:2thumbs: So :ohyea:on...!!

ButterFli
09-26-2014, 02:55 PM
I have been tossing the idea of a Madstad Shield. I have a 2013 RS and I am about 5'7" tall. I have talked to Mark at Madstad about my concerns. I can't decide if I want/need to get a 20" or a 22"; whether I want to look over the shield or through it. I have several friends who ride motorcycles and have a preference of looking through their shields. I am a new rider and really don't know what my preference is. Does anyone know if there is enough play in the 20" for me to be able to do either?

Please help!:helpsmilie:

coz
09-26-2014, 04:28 PM
at five seven, i think you would be fine with the twenty. i'm six one and i look completely over my twenty. the wind hits on the top of my head. seems like it would provide good protection for you , plus , it's still relatively small.:thumbup: where in ky are you located?

ButterFli
09-27-2014, 09:26 AM
Thank you so much for your input. I am near Owensboro, KY. I am excited about getting a shield for my spyder. Just want to make sure i get the right one. There are several mods i would lime to do also but it will take me some time. I love my spyder!