PDA

View Full Version : 3-STEP PROGRAM FOR SPYDERLOVERS????

spydrluvr
03-19-2013, 05:15 PM
My name is Kim, and I am a spyderlover.

in the spring of 2012, less than a year after purchasing and farkeling my 2009 gs, I upgraded to a 2012 rt limited.
at that time, i was happy, ecstatic in fact--there could not possibly be anything more that I would need.

except an air ride trailer, seal floorboards, grip buddies, scala intercom set,new drink holder that had an arm extension for my drift hd17, (have I mentioned the drift?) new helmet, bajaron sway bar.......NOW i was happy---oh until i purchased a matching pearl white rt 622 trailer that i NEEDED for my trip to spyderfest 2013....oops, excuse me, i just hung up the phone with pitbull powesports after speaking with eric about the installation of my shock relocators.....???

Can someone please point me in the correct direction of the SLA meeting room? :dontknow:

Chupaca
03-19-2013, 05:19 PM
That door only leads to farkling city..and you better bring lots of $$$$$$$..!! :roflblack: :roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Farkleosis can only be cured by bankruptcy, or death at the hands of an enraged spouse... :shocked: :roflblack:

2ndChildhood
03-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Kim, what day are you planning on leaving for Spyderfest? Are you going with the Michigan group that stopping in Effingham, IL on the 22nd? I have a list of mods that I will be buying at Spyderfest. Also my wife has a list, so there goes my credit card. (SLA)

ToM
SpyderFest 2013

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

spydrluvr
03-19-2013, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=2ndChildhood;591283]Kim, what day are you planning on leaving for Spyderfest? Are you going with the Michigan group that stopping in Effingham, IL on the 22nd? I have a list of mods that I will be buying at Spyderfest. Also my wife has a list, so there goes my credit card. (SLA)

ToM
SpyderFest 2013

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD[/

My plan is to leave Sunday with SomeGuy (Mike)....ride until we stop, then ride into Springfield some time Monday.

My friend Linda and I will be staying in Marshall on Saturday night, and meet up with Mike and wife on Sunday morning.

I missed the Artesian Wells meeting due to work, not sure of plans. Since Larry will not be attending, I am not sure who the go to person is....but you are welcome to ryde with us if you want/can leave a day earlier.

Kim

NancysToy
03-19-2013, 06:44 PM
You neglected to mention the SuperCub in your avatar....or is that another addiction? Here's Nancy's.....

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28977&d=1310686303

ARtraveler
03-19-2013, 06:52 PM
I think you are in trouble until some entrepreneuer comes up with the book and the program for the farkleosis and gotta have another :spyder2: problem. To paraphrase what John from Sealfloorboards (got some of them yet?) says: "Ride with plenty of money or credit cards".

spydrluvr
03-19-2013, 07:32 PM
You neglected to mention the SuperCub in your avatar....or is that another addiction? Here's Nancy's.....

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28977&d=1310686303

Just a photo of my first ride....loved that little scooter, wish I still had it...

vrodrjs
03-19-2013, 07:40 PM

in the spring of 2012, less than a year after purchasing and farkeling my 2009 gs, I upgraded to a 2012 rt limited.
at that time, i was happy, ecstatic in fact--there could not possibly be anything more that I would need.

except an air ride trailer, seal floorboards, grip buddies, scala intercom set,new drink holder that had an arm extension for my drift hd17, (have I mentioned the drift?) new helmet, bajaron sway bar.......NOW i was happy---oh until i purchased a matching pearl white rt 622 trailer that i NEEDED for my trip to spyderfest 2013....oops, excuse me, i just hung up the phone with pitbull powesports after speaking with eric about the installation of my shock relocators.....???

Can someone please point me in the correct direction of the SLA meeting room? :dontknow:

Sounds to me like you are going to need more than 3 steps....;)

NancysToy
03-19-2013, 08:32 PM
Just a photo of my first ride....loved that little scooter, wish I still had it...
Knew there had to be a story. Thanks for sharing. Nice ride! "You Meet The Nicest People..."

SpyderAnn01
03-19-2013, 08:36 PM
It is definitely a 12 step process. :roflblack:

Rockwall
03-19-2013, 08:59 PM
We are all shameless addicts hanging out with other addicts who only encourage the behavior.:doorag:

Guess what happens next...

lookerjdc
03-19-2013, 09:01 PM

its still less expensive that farkling out a Harley....... lol

Bob Denman
03-20-2013, 08:34 AM
Is it??? :shocked: :roflblack:

bhfromme
03-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Bought mine in 2011 and it is truly the best purchase I've ever made. Not much money for farkleing but honestly I love it just the way it came out of the crate!

Bob Denman
03-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Oh :agree:
But think of how much fun is being had by trying to improve a vehicle that was already perfect right from the start! ;) :2thumbs:

lookerjdc
03-20-2013, 01:11 PM

I know a number of HD riders who have spent more on farkles than they paid for their bikes

bhfromme
03-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Oh :agree:
But think of how much fun is being had by trying to improve a vehicle that was already perfect right from the start! ;) :2thumbs: I did trick it out with LEDs (purple on the silver is awesome!!). And I'm having Spyderpops install the Bajaron sway bar at Lamont's in June. Oh by the way, Bob, did I hear you won't be there!?

Bob Denman
03-20-2013, 02:12 PM
I know a number of HD riders who have spent more on farkles than they paid for their bikes
That happened to me, and a certain GoldWing that I once owned... :opps:

Bob Denman
03-20-2013, 02:14 PM
With me being allowed out on my own to attend SpyderFest :ohyea:; it's a sure bet that I'll be kept closer to home for the rest of the ryding season... :gaah:

Huntindawg1962
03-20-2013, 02:23 PM
With me being allowed out on my own to attend SpyderFest :ohyea:; it's a sure bet that I'll be kept closer to home for the rest of the ryding season... :gaah:

Bob, you sounding "Spyder-whipped" now.

About 40 posts to go, will you make it yet today passed that magic 20K (7000 more than the board admin)? Come to think of it, I think someone predicted this date or tomorrow back about a month - now I gotta find the thread to see who that was??

vrodrjs
03-20-2013, 06:38 PM

As one who has owned to HD starter kits, yes it is. The reason is that they haven't been around long enough for the aftermarket to really develop. Give them a few more years.