PDA

View Full Version : Spyders in the Redwoods (California) - August 5 - 8, 2013 - REGISTER NOW!!

SpyderGirl
03-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Greetings my fellow Spyder Ryders!!

The members of the Spyder Ryder of America California Chapters (Sacramento, San Francisco Bay Area, Inland Empire, and San Diego) would like to cordially invite you all out to our third annual Spyders in the Redwoods rally.

Come see the beauty of California's gold country nestled in the Sierra Nevada foothills. Ride through scenic Yosemite Valley, and share memories with other riders to last a lifetime!

Spyders in the Redwoods will be held at the Mother Lode Fairgrounds of Tuolumne County in Sonora, CA during the week of August 5th through 8th.

Sonora, CA is located in central California a mere 3 hours from San Francisco, one hour north of Yosemite, less than a hour from the peak of Sonora Pass, and within a hour of two other beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountain passes (Tioga and Ebbetts). The Sonora area also includes the historic railroad town Jamestown, historic gold mining town Columbia, and many other historic gold country sites.

Registration will be available only through July 14th and by mail through June 1st.

For details and to register for this event please visit www.spydersintheredwoods.com (http://www.spydersintheredwoods.com).

Hope to you can come to ride the mother lode with us!

jerpinoy
03-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Cool, This is event I will be looking forward to see.:yes::yes:

gln2
03-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Were In !! :yes:

Chupaca
03-19-2013, 05:52 PM
We are registered and ready to go..!!:yes::yes:

bhfromme
03-20-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm considering riding over from Florida. If I were to do so can you tell me a good route to take from say Texas west? August will be too hot to go across western Texas and New Mexico so I'd like to take a more northern route. Any help planning this epic ride would be appreciated!

SpyderGirl
03-20-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm considering riding over from Florida. If I were to do so can you tell me a good route to take from say Texas west? August will be too hot to go across western Texas and New Mexico so I'd like to take a more northern route. Any help planning this epic ride would be appreciated!

I would suggest coming across Colorado on US 50 or I-70 that time of year. I'd live to help you plan your route. :-)

SpyderAnn01
03-20-2013, 11:20 AM
It is on my list of must do events.

bhfromme
03-20-2013, 01:37 PM
I would suggest coming across Colorado on US 50 or I-70 that time of year. I'd live to help you plan your route. :-) Wow thanks! Keep in mind I try to avoid highways when possible. I always try to take the road less traveled. Guess that says a lot about me, huh?

Blue Star
03-20-2013, 01:41 PM
I going to come. Second time for me.

SpyderGirl
03-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Wow thanks! Keep in mind I try to avoid highways when possible. I always try to take the road less traveled. Guess that says a lot about me, huh?

You and me both! I highly recommend US 50 then. I took it from Jefferson City MO to Sacramento CA last year. Lots of little Towns along the way and Monarch Pass is beautiful!

bhfromme
03-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Ok this is very tentative but tell me what you think. Day One Cape Coral to Pensacola. Day Two Pensacola to Dallas. Day Three Dallas to Dodge City. (I wonder if the Long Branch is still there! ((nevermind, you're probably all way too young to remember Gunsmoke!)) Day Four Dodge City to Grand Junction, CO. (or if the beauty of crossing the Rockies is too much maybe somewhere before Grand Junction!) Day Five Grand Junction to Las Vegas. (Vegas baby!) Day Six Las Vegas to Sonoma! By then I'll probably be half-dead and sleep through Days Seven and Eight. As Willie Nelson once said, just roll me up and smoke me when I die!

SpyderGirl
03-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Ok this is very tentative but tell me what you think. Day One Cape Coral to Pensacola. Day Two Pensacola to Dallas. Day Three Dallas to Dodge City. (I wonder if the Long Branch is still there! ((nevermind, you're probably all way too young to remember Gunsmoke!)) Day Four Dodge City to Grand Junction, CO. (or if the beauty of crossing the Rockies is too much maybe somewhere before Grand Junction!) Day Five Grand Junction to Las Vegas. (Vegas baby!) Day Six Las Vegas to Sonoma! By then I'll probably be half-dead and sleep through Days Seven and Eight. As Willie Nelson once said, just roll me up and smoke me when I'm gone.

Sounds good, except I would stay on 50 across NV and take 395 in Reno to 88 or 108 over the Sierras into Sonora. Despite the name "Lonliest Road in America", there are ample gas stops on 50 through NV (and UT) and I can tell you exactly where they are. I've done the route six times by Spyder. Vegas's hottest month is August!!

And Sonoma is a totally different place than Sonora... LOL

Here is my suggested route for you: http://goo.gl/maps/D2sab

Oh, and make sure you do Monarch Pass (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarch_Pass) during the day. It's very dark, winding, and steep....oh, and BEAUTIFUL. :)

bhfromme
03-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Sounds good, except I would stay on 50 across NV and take 395 in Reno to 88 or 108 over the Sierras into Sonora. Despite the name "Lonliest Road in America", there are ample gas stops on 50 through NV (and UT) and I can tell you exactly where they are. I've done the route six times by Spyder. Vegas's hottest month is August!!

And Sonoma is a totally different place than Sonora... LOL

Here is my suggested route for you: http://goo.gl/maps/D2sab

Oh, and make sure you do Monarch Pass (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarch_Pass) during the day. It's very dark, winding, and steep....oh, and BEAUTIFUL. :)Sonora. I knew that. I would've ended up in Napa Valley wondering where all the Spyders were!

SpyderGirl
03-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Sonora. I knew that. I would've ended up in Napa Valley wondering where all the Spyders were!

LOL! Hope you can make it. Let me know if you need help with your route.

bhfromme
03-20-2013, 03:06 PM
LOL! Hope you can make it. Let me know if you need help with your route. Looking forward to it. Wondering how you westerners party compared to us here in the Wild East. Thanks for your help!

twain
03-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Bhfromme, my cousin and I are planning on heading out of Houston to SITR. Maybe we could link up around Dallas if you do decide to go.

bhfromme
03-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Bhfromme, my cousin and I are planning on heading out of Houston to SITR. Maybe we could link up around Dallas if you do decide to go.
That would be awesome. I'll pm you.

Bill

lil rabbit
03-20-2013, 07:31 PM
I am registered!!!! Also made reservations at Aladdin Hotel.... Can't wait to see some old friends from last year and to meet new ones this year...

Bruce

Arr MiHardies
03-20-2013, 09:18 PM
I've submitted for the time off.. we'll see...

SpyderGirl
03-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Hope to see you there Justin! :)

For those who may have had difficulty contacting the Best Western in Sonora for a room, we had a mix up with the contract. It has been handled and you should be able to contact them as early as this afteroon to book your room with the group.

The host hotel, The Aladdin Motor Inn in Sonora, also still has rooms available. Rooms are filling up fast!!

We are also looking for more vendors.... we have a great opporunity for vendors this year, so we hope that we can get more to take advantage of that. Contact me if you're interested.

RTVIPER
03-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Greetings my fellow Spyder Ryders!!

The members of the Spyder Ryder of America California Chapters (Sacramento, San Francisco Bay Area, Inland Empire, and San Diego) would like to cordially invite you all out to our third annual Spyders in the Redwoods rally.

Come see the beauty of California's gold country nestled in the Sierra Nevada foothills. Ride through scenic Yosemite Valley, and share memories with other riders to last a lifetime!

Spyders in the Redwoods will be held at the Mother Lode Fairgrounds of Tuolumne County in Sonora, CA during the week of August 5th through 8th.

Sonora, CA is located in central California a mere 3 hours from San Francisco, one hour north of Yosemite, less than a hour from the peak of Sonora Pass, and within a hour of two other beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountain passes (Tioga and Ebbetts). The Sonora area also includes the historic railroad town Jamestown, historic gold mining town Columbia, and many other historic gold country sites.

Registration will be available only through July 14th and by mail through June 1st.

For details and to register for this event please visit www.spydersintheredwoods.com (http://www.spydersintheredwoods.com).

Hope to you can come to ride the mother lode with us!

I would love to attend but am going to Sturgis that same time frame. Maybe next year. :pray:

cpdblegl
03-22-2013, 10:15 PM
:D Just finished registering for your event. As a native Californian and a brand new Spyder Ryder, my wife and I are really looking forward to attending! As a child, my family spent a few summers at a small cabin in 'Strawberry'. I can't wait to see how that area has changed. :yikes:
See everybody in August!
The Petersens

pacog1943
03-22-2013, 11:11 PM
.... and ready to ryde. See you all this summer.

pacog1943
03-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Spring is here:sour:
Summer is coming:sour:
Let's chase some wind:doorag:

Paco

SpyderGirl
03-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Yay!! One week and nearly 40 registrants! :-)

Can't wait to meet you all or to see you again!

SPYDERGUY1
03-23-2013, 09:06 PM
anyone have gps co-ordinates for the site . Am considering the tour from Alberta Canada ?

SpyderAnn01
03-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Ok this is very tentative but tell me what you think. Day One Cape Coral to Pensacola. Day Two Pensacola to Dallas. Day Three Dallas to Dodge City. (I wonder if the Long Branch is still there! ((nevermind, you're probably all way too young to remember Gunsmoke!)) Day Four Dodge City to Grand Junction, CO. (or if the beauty of crossing the Rockies is too much maybe somewhere before Grand Junction!) Day Five Grand Junction to Las Vegas. (Vegas baby!) Day Six Las Vegas to Sonoma! By then I'll probably be half-dead and sleep through Days Seven and Eight. As Willie Nelson once said, just roll me up and smoke me when I die!

If you do come through Las Vegas you will have to let me know. I am planning on going but can't make definite plans just yet. Either way though let me know if you are coming.

SpyderGirl
03-24-2013, 12:11 AM
anyone have gps co-ordinates for the site . Am considering the tour from Alberta Canada ?

Just put in Sonora, CA, USA. It's just north of Yosemite National Park.

SPYDERGUY1
03-24-2013, 07:35 PM
could probably figure out the Sonora part , but the, just north term , in my country could get you WAY LOST AND EVEN DEEPER IN TROUBLE.

SpyderGirl
03-24-2013, 07:49 PM
could probably figure out the Sonora part , but the, just north term , in my country could get you WAY LOST AND EVEN DEEPER IN TROUBLE.

LOL! It's three hours east of San Francisco and about one hour north of Yosemite. :-)

Arr MiHardies
03-24-2013, 08:53 PM
Who measures distance with a unit of time? Seriously! ;D

Give them distance in km! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SpyderGirl
03-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Who measures distance with a unit of time? Seriously! ;D

Give them distance in km! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks smarty pants! It's about 160 miles east of SF. Don't know kilometers.

SPYDERGUY1
03-25-2013, 08:14 PM
we here in the North are MULTILINGUAL, can do both miles and kilometers, as far as I know all SPYDERS can do the same, just change the settings. HA:yes:mind you that being said, on my Oregon trip last year saw a speed limit sign of 55 and thought this awefully slow , then DUH OH YA this is MPH. For those that care 55 in km is just over 30 mph,like I said DUH.

SpyderGirl
03-25-2013, 08:20 PM
we here in the North are MULTILINGUAL, can do both miles and kilometers, as far as I know all SPYDERS can do the same, just change the settings. HA:yes:mind you that being said, on my Oregon trip last year saw a speed limit sign of 55 and thought this awefully slow , then DUH OH YA this is MPH. For those that care 55 in km is just over 30 mph,like I said DUH.

LOL... Well, that's better than me. We plan on riding up your direction next year and I can see myself speeding.

SPYDERGUY1
03-26-2013, 09:05 PM
if you do make it up this way , let me know, we could hook up for a ride/chat/info

SpyderGirl
03-26-2013, 09:07 PM
if you do make it up this way , let me know, we could hook up for a ride/chat/info

Sounds good. :)

SpyderGirl
05-14-2013, 10:57 AM
We have had over 100 people already register for the third annual Spyders in the Redwoods event this year, some coming as far as from Michigan.

Are you one of them??

If not, please log on to www.spydersintheredwoods.com (http://www.spydersintheredwoods.com) to register today before the registration price increase in June.

Contact me at spydergirl47@gmail.com if you have any questions.

Hope to see you all there!!

ruthvofmc
06-21-2013, 03:15 PM
I will be heading back to Oregon via Hwy 1, anyone heading that way Fri AM from SITR? I would love to hook up with and follow someone who knows the ropes to getting over GG bridge. See everyone at SITR!

Dragonrider
06-21-2013, 05:57 PM
We went to one SITR, we'll be in the top end of Idaho at that time…. The trip up 1/101 is terrific - Tomales Bay & Point Reyes is a worthwhile side trip, as is lunch on the wharf in Trinidad….

Diamond R
06-21-2013, 07:30 PM
We hope to see you ALL there, it is only a 3500 mile round trip for us, were scheduled to give it a try.

enjoy the ride
Allen & Patti