Lamonster
03-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Someone out there has to need a free set of bags for their ST right???:2thumbs:

To reach the factory:
Corbin
2360 Technology Parkway
Hollister, CA 95023
831-634-1100 Tel | 831-634-1059 Fax | 800-538-7035 Toll Free
E-Mail Us Here (http://www.corbin.com/email.shtml)

http://www.spyderlovers.com/sponsors/corbinst.jpg

ARtraveler
03-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Wow! That's too good of a deal to pass up for some lucky rider. The only thing that prevented me from putting Corbin's on my GS was the price. Here--you can't beat free. :2thumbs:

Bryk
03-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Now that I have my ST I will give them a call tomorrow, but I need a shipping quote. I'll try to figure it out tomorrow.

JKMSPYDER
03-18-2013, 06:35 PM
Geez, can't they go to a local dealer and measure an ST to get bag dimensions? That's what Ultimate Seats did. Or, they could call BRP and get dimensions. 64803

mjw930
03-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Geez, can't they go to a local dealer and measure an ST to get bag dimensions? That's what Ultimate Seats did. Or, they could call BRP and get dimensions. 64803

Actually Ultimate owned a GS when they developed that seat and he traded it on an RT to develop the RT seat. You can't develop these type of accessories without a bike to trial fit the parts on.

Bryk
03-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Someone out there has to need a free set of bags for their ST right???:2thumbs:

To reach the factory:
Corbin
2360 Technology Parkway
Hollister, CA 95023
831-634-1100 Tel | 831-634-1059 Fax | 800-538-7035 Toll Free
E-Mail Us Here (http://www.corbin.com/email.shtml)

http://www.spyderlovers.com/sponsors/corbinst.jpg

Does anyone know if the rear end changed? I am wondering if it doesn't make sense for me to ship, if they can just sell me an RS trunk and I'll order the saddlebags at a later date. I imagine the trunk is more difficult to put on than the saddlebags anyway, correct?

Bob Denman
03-19-2013, 11:29 AM
New frame under them... :dontknow:
That may force some rethinking of attachment points.

Bryk
03-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Well I called up and was told to email Greg@corbin.com. I hope this is the correct person to get in contact with and hopefully I hear back.

Bob Denman
03-19-2013, 01:59 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_15.gif :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
03-19-2013, 02:39 PM
And the winner is????????????????

Bob Denman
03-19-2013, 02:49 PM
:bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq:

Lamonster
03-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Well I called up and was told to email Greg@corbin.com. I hope this is the correct person to get in contact with and hopefully I hear back.

I don't see how that's going to workout cost wise. To ship your Spyder coast to coast is going to cost as much as just buying the bags or pretty darn near to it. We really need someone on the West Coast to take them up on this.

burg650
03-19-2013, 04:06 PM
They should go to a local dealer and ask to use one of there stock ST and after they are done give that dealer two sets of bags for the trouble.

My question is it just that the brackets need to be re-design or they plan to made completely new bags for the ST.

Lamonster
03-19-2013, 04:24 PM
They should go to a local dealer and ask to use one of there stock ST and after they are done give that dealer two sets of bags for the trouble.

My question is it just that the brackets need to be re-design or they plan to made completely new bags for the ST.

It's all new brackets and the right side needs a notch in the bag for the pipe because the pipe can not rotate down like the 2008-2012 because it's not on a 90 degree elbow now. I did the fitting and brackets on the left side and it looked great but the right side was a problem for me seeing I'm not a glass man. :sour:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?46411-Nor-Cal-guys-want-a-free-set-of-Corbin-bags

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57613&d=1353275133

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57612&d=1353275131

burg650
03-19-2013, 04:43 PM
I like the bags I have now on my RS and thought it complemented the spyder great over the Givi bags, would be nice since they have to re-do the brackets for the ST if they came out with a fresh new look on the bags as well. The photo you post of the left side look a bit different I think or is it the light on the bag.

Lamonster
03-19-2013, 04:53 PM
I like the bags I have now on my RS and thought it complemented the spyder great over the Givi bags, would be nice since they have to re-do the brackets for the ST if they came out with a fresh new look on the bags as well. The photo you post of the left side look a bit different I think or is it the light on the bag.

It's the same bag they use on the RS and I wouldn't expect them to make any changes soon other than make these fit on the ST.

Bob Denman
03-19-2013, 05:02 PM
I don't see how that's going to workout cost wise. To ship your Spyder coast to coast is going to cost as much as just buying the bags or pretty darn near to it. We really need someone on the West Coast to take them up on this.

Bryk,
That sure sounds like a good reason for a...

ROAD TRIP!!! :ohyea::yes::yes::ohyea: :2thumbs:

Didn't you need to get some good break-in miles on yours? :thumbup:

Bryk
03-20-2013, 07:19 AM

Well if the trunk needs a new bracket as well since I want both. I'm not sure what a round trip shipment would total, but if it is less than the $3000 it would cost me for the bags and trunk then I'd be interested.

I was still planning on ordering it and seeing if they could bring it to Laconia and put it on there.

Hopefully someone gets back to me at least about the trunk fitting or not. If I can't get the bags done at Laconia, maybe if the trunk doesn't need any changes maybe I can at least get that????

Bryk
03-21-2013, 06:22 AM
Bryk,
That sure sounds like a good reason for a...

ROAD TRIP!!! :ohyea::yes::yes::ohyea: :2thumbs:

Didn't you need to get some good break-in miles on yours? :thumbup:

I do have loads of vacation time, unfortunately I have a few small trips planned already this year. Another logistics problem would be I would have to ride out, fly back, then fly out and ride home. I guess if there was some way to do that for under $2k.... ha ha ha.

I'm sure they will need the bike for some time.

It seems they may not be interested in doing the trunk at this time. If they aren't then I'm not interested(since costwise it doesn't make sense). If they made both the saddlebags and the trunk then I'd be locking down a shipment company right now. I can imagine there are less people interested in the trunk. However I'm going to be sorely disappointed if they don't make the trunk for the ST regardless if it is on mine, or if I have to buy it later.

I was looking for that nice fit and finish and storage capacity that would in my opinion blow away the RT.

If they already have the mold for the RS I can't see why they wouldn't want to spend the little time to make a new or adjust the old RS bracket for it. If they've only sold a few though I can unfortunately understand. Nowadays people just want the RT package right out of the box. Sadly the situation seems like it is going to leave me on the side of the road holding the short end of the handlebars.

Lamonster
03-21-2013, 07:57 AM
The back is the same as the RS and a trunk should bolt right up. If you look at the pics I posted I used the RS bracket on the rear and modified the the front for the ST.

Bryk
03-21-2013, 08:48 AM
The back is the same as the RS and a trunk should bolt right up. If you look at the pics I posted I used the RS bracket on the rear and modified the the front for the ST.

Wow Lamont, that is great news. I'm going to ask them to set me up with one for Laconia and install it there for me. I guess I'll wait for someone to leave them their ST to get the bags.

The bags can be added later, correct? If I get the RS trunk in yellow for Lac, then order the saddlebags once they get someone else's ST in? Does that make sense?

Lamonster
03-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Wow Lamont, that is great news. I'm going to ask them to set me up with one for Laconia and install it there for me. I guess I'll wait for someone to leave them their ST to get the bags.

The bags can be added later, correct? If I get the RS trunk in yellow for Lac, then order the saddlebags once they get someone else's ST in? Does that make sense?

You can add the bags at anytime but the RS yellow is not going to match the ST yellow.

Bryk
03-21-2013, 08:55 AM
You can add the bags at anytime but the RS yellow is not going to match the ST yellow.

They should be able to find out the paint color, right? If not, can't we? I thought someone posted somewhere on here where BRP gets their paint from. Time to go digging...

StanProff
03-21-2013, 09:01 AM

Lamont, do you have your ST yet? If not where will you be getting it from?

Lamonster
03-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Lamont, do you have your ST yet? If not where will you be getting it from?

I have the prototype here but mine is being built right now at East TN ATV. Should be picking it up soon. :doorag:

StanProff
03-21-2013, 09:09 AM
I have the prototype here but mine is being built right now at East TN ATV. Should be picking it up soon. :doorag:

I was planning on going by there today, I might get a peak at it :yes:

Lamonster
03-21-2013, 09:10 AM
I was planning on going by there today, I might get a peak at it :yes:

Make sure they're doing a good job. :thumbup:

Bryk
03-21-2013, 09:29 AM
This should be it, right?

http://www.uspaint.com/pdf/Honda%20Aftermarket%20Order%20Form%202012.pdf

AJ9120 Circuit Yellow Metallic Basecoat B-349 $240.00 $120.00 N/A

AJ9121 Circuit Yellow Metallic Pearlcoat B-349 $150.00 $75.00 N/A

StanProff
03-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Make sure they're doing a good job. :thumbup:

I checked it out for you at the dealer. They had just brought it in from the shop. It's setting in the middle of the showroom with some of your extras on it. Looking good. The yellow and black is great looking. Can't wait to see what it looks like after you "make it your own" !

mjw930
03-21-2013, 08:05 PM

I thought they were built in Canada :roflblack:

Just kidding, the wife's Magnesium ST-S was built today at Daytona Fun Machines. New ball joints and a alignment on top of the rest of the PDI. We'll be there @ 9:00 with bells on..... :ohyea:

I'm doing the Radio, Bluetooth, iPod and Heated Grips (backordered) install myself, probably tomorrow afternoon since she has to work and I'm off. I love wrenching on a new bike, no dirt and all the bolts come off without any aggravation. It's also how I learn about the bike. I had the Tupperware off her GS and my K16 within an hour of getting them home.

Get your butt over there and pick yours up :rolleyes:

Bryk
03-22-2013, 06:48 AM
So it sounds like they just have to get the paint for their painter. Everything else seems like it should be a go for me to get the the trunk.

Which means I'll just order the trunk for Lac and wait for the saddlebags. Corbin still needs someone for the saddlebags and possibly seat!!! Could be you... :)