PDA

View Full Version : Busy Weekend

SPYD1
03-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Well I decided to tear into the bike this weekend to do some maintenance and upgrades. It is all back together and running fine. Although it will sit again due to the upcoming snow over the next four days:banghead:. I changed the coolant, plugs and wires (Bajaron), greased the entire bike, cleaned the air box, cleaned and treated K&N filter, checked the brake pads(plenty left), installed a Powerlet outlet in dash, changed all 3 exhaust gaskets and cleaned everything under the Tupperware. Oh, and put it all back together and took a short ride.
I would like to thank everyone for all the info I have read on SLs to give me the confidence. A special thanks to Artifun :clap:for his videos and Scotty :bowdown: for answering all my questions.
Now if someone can help with the weather?

Chupaca
03-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Be there in a minute...!!:roflblack::roflblack:

NancysToy
03-17-2013, 09:35 PM
I think I'm beginning to understand why the Beach Boys didn't sing about Endless Winter. Our time will come. Keep the faith!

cyclelover63
03-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Scotty,are you sure?..Didn't you get some snow today in your neck of the woods?

I also echo the author here...I have done the same things on my Spyder by reading and learning from the good people here..Thanks to all!!

jenmom22
03-23-2013, 09:36 PM
I think I'm beginning to understand why the Beach Boys didn't sing about Endless Winter. Our time will come. Keep the faith!

Hate the cold. I only rode eight days in February. It was a bit nippy this morning (slight mist lower 50's), but it was in the upper 80's on the way home. Took my baby girl to the dealership for her 4,000 miles check up - 140 miles round trip (I'm not complaining...).

The groundhog lied.

SPYD1
03-24-2013, 01:26 PM
I have relatives in San Antonio, figured you could ride more than that. It may be another week or two up here. There is still a lot of salt on the road and standing snow here and there.