PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Noob questions from the UK!

OJ UK
03-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Hi guys! I have recently taken delivery of BajaRon's very excellent sway bar and
would like a definitive how-to that can be applied to a 2010 RS-S. I understand that
you can fit this without taking off the Frunk. I have a myriad of tools and many years
mechanical experience, but product knowledge is everything these days! The supplied
instructions are very concise but I'm getting old and I need a boost to my confidence!
TIA
Geoff

juliantrost
03-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Very easy install! I am completely not mechanically inclined and did it in under an hour, without taking off the frunk. The goal is to have the RS jacked up about 10" of the ground. Take your time and follow instructions. Have a piece of wood about 2 to 3 inches thick, to prime between frame and frunk, you will need to move the frunk away a bit, to take the old bar off and put new one in.

tobor9
03-17-2013, 07:08 PM
I know you can put it on without removing the frunk, but on the RS,and I assume the RSS takiing the frunk off is not hard, I did on my RS. Front tupperware,unplug temp sensor on right side,horn on left.. Remove 4 bolts on top of frunk and 2 under frunk and lift it off in one peace,the sway bar is right there and is easy to change.ether way it's not too hard and boy what a differance it makes!!! I may soon get one for my wife's RT-S,but I'm NOT taking that frunk off as it is a PITA on the RT. Good luck

Chupaca
03-17-2013, 07:14 PM
The task is not hard at all. I did remove the frunk and took advantage to grease all the steering assembly and clean up behind there. Still under an hour. The instruction above is right on. Ron's instructions are spot on you will have no trouble. Take your time no hurry check your torques and you will be rewarded on the first ryde..:2thumbs:

oldgoat
03-17-2013, 08:14 PM
:agree:

I removed the frunk on my GS when installing Ron's swaybar & took the opportunity to replace my front suspension grease fitting with 90̊ ones (to make it easier to grease with the frunk on next time) & greased the suspension.

Be very careful the Spyder does not fall on you if you have a jack under the central frame. It really is adviseable to have jack stands under each suspension arm as the Spyder tends to wobble fron side to side.

I rather enjoyed seeing the bare front of the Spyder (hee, hee :opps:)

OJ UK
03-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks everyone! Nice to know that it's not a job to be feared!
The biggest influence for getting the swaybar was Teddy and Dave!
The wisest of the pair told me that I would never look back once it was fitted!
Once again I thank you all!!