PDA

View Full Version : CArdo Scala vs other systems

lookerjdc
03-17-2013, 03:28 PM
normally, I play my music via my ipod thru the bike speakers

but yesterday, we left from Melbourne early in the morning heading up to Daytona for Bikeweek and it was COLD...

so I put on my 3/4 helmet for added protection on i95 and protection from the cold wind. My helmet has the Q2 Multiset Pro headset/speakers

I set my iphone to Bluetooth to play the music thru the helmet speakers and they sucked!!!!

was I doing something wrong or is it just the quality of those speakers to listen to MP3 music files

is there a better option?

TIA

ARtraveler
03-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Speakers on the Q2 leave a little to be desired. I have them currently in a full-face set up (Nolan 103). I don't even use them for radio--just commuinication.

Have a new set of Sena SM10's to install. Have not used them yet.

lookerjdc
03-17-2013, 03:43 PM
yeah.... I have been thinking about the Senas but would like some feedback from others

thanks

Lamonster
03-17-2013, 03:49 PM
yeah.... I have been thinking about the Senas but would like some feedback from others

thanks

I have both and the Sena rocks!
That said make sure the speakers are right at your ear, one way up or down makes a big difference.

lookerjdc
03-17-2013, 05:20 PM
I have both and the Sena rocks!
That said make sure the speakers are right at your ear, one way up or down makes a big difference.

thanks for the tip

was great seeing you yesterday (and passing you on the Speedway..... lol)

I will check the speaker alignments

cgistudio
03-17-2013, 05:32 PM
Just got the G9 and they have made a lot of improvement on the Scala rider headsets I have all the Scala Rider heads that have been made and this is the best system so far, I have had other and there were ok but you can talk to a lot more people with it and the Bluetooth is great.

bbodah
03-17-2013, 05:48 PM
Love my Sena's SM10

BikerDoc
03-17-2013, 06:09 PM
normally, I play my music via my ipod thru the bike speakers

but yesterday, we left from Melbourne early in the morning heading up to Daytona for Bikeweek and it was COLD...

so I put on my 3/4 helmet for added protection on i95 and protection from the cold wind. My helmet has the Q2 Multiset Pro headset/speakers

I set my iphone to Bluetooth to play the music thru the helmet speakers and they sucked!!!!

was I doing something wrong or is it just the quality of those speakers to listen to MP3 music files

is there a better option?

TIA
I have the Sena SMH 10 Bluetooth 3.0, as do Larry J, and Chris G in our riding group.. they allow not only quality sound but the ability to rapidly link with up to four others in riding group.. You might find that very useful while ryding to Spyderfest

lookerjdc
03-17-2013, 06:14 PM
thanks Hal.... yeah, that thought also crossed my mind

Spyderific
03-17-2013, 06:17 PM
We have a set of Scala G4's which are good then one quit working. While waiting for a replacement we bought the Sena smh10's and they are a much better unit than the Scala G4. Much more user friendly too.

SPYD3R
03-17-2013, 06:48 PM
everyone has an opinion, and mine is POSITIVE for the CARDO SCALE G9....
i never had any other unit, but i'm here to say the G9 is AWESOME.... :yes:
I have 54.1 hrs of music down-loaded to my Galaxy III, and with the 12V adapter, i ride all day without any problems... when talk'n on the fone, it's clear as can be, and communicating between riders is without issue... even on the Blue Ridge Parkway, with all the turns, it's good for up to 1/2 miles... line-of-site, it's good for over 1 miles.... just my humble opinion....

lookerjdc
03-17-2013, 06:53 PM
the G9 is their top of the line and should be superior to the Scala model I have

but I would also suspect that they changed/upgraded the speakers cause the speaker in my unit are fairly cheap sounding, even when talking to my brother on his bike