PDA

View Full Version : Going to BRP Owner's event in Maggie Valley - some questions

GuitarPlayer
03-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Talked to my wife today, she says it's fine if I want to go to Maggie Valley and the Owner's Event and Lamont's barbecue. I have a question.

This will be the first long trip I've ever taken on a Spyder. It's about 920 miles from my house to Maggie Valley. I was thinking about stopping about half way through for the night then drive the rest of the way the next day. Is this a good idea or should I take 3 days to drive?

Now all I've got to do is make reservations and get registered.

Thanks,

Tony

sonicsix
03-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Whatever is comfortable for you is what matters. Some folks may ride straight through, some may stop for a night or two. If you have the time, I would suggest taking a slow ride and enjoy the trip as well as the destination.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-16-2013, 07:27 PM

NancysToy
03-16-2013, 09:01 PM
If it's your first long journey by bike or by Spyder, 3 days may suit you better. 460 miles is a pretty decent (long) day, but it can be a bit much for a rookie road warrior. Lots of motorcyclists are more comfortable with 300-350 a day. Others, though, are happy with 1,000 or more. That being said, I'd personally do it in two...perhaps one long and one short, especially if I was alone. We have made enough long road trips to know our limits, however. That distance is a couple of 8 hour days, plus meals and rest stops, for most riders. If you are leaving your wife at home, you may be able to push farther, but think about it carefully. You don't want to hate the experience.

Cruzr Joe
03-16-2013, 09:06 PM
I would suggest 3 days that way you are not wore out when you arrive and will be able to enjoy the time you are at the owns event.

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GloryRyders
03-17-2013, 05:40 AM
No matter how many days you take just remember that the trip is half of the fun!:yes: See you there!