PDA

View Full Version : 84 degrees, time for a ride!

LLSailor
03-16-2013, 05:48 AM
So I rode. Brought to mind a question though, does anyone know where the switch is for the cloaking device? Haven't been able to find it in the manual, so just wondering. Seems to activate at the weirdest times...:shocked:

mcaccamise
03-16-2013, 06:10 AM
All it takes is a nice sunny day my wife hits it somewheares in her bag and im gone.

Chupaca
03-16-2013, 10:54 AM
You waited till it was 84 to ryde...are you insane..??...:roflblack::roflblack: Thats about 50 degrees to late..:roflblack:

KCPete
03-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Pat - it WAS a great day for a ryde! Today, not so much..:shocked:

Janet & I ran over to a winery in Excelsior Springs for " FirePit Friday"...wine, a small meat/cheese basket, pretty sunset, and a fire going on the patio. Nice evening. Today - changing oil on RT, cleaning it up, all that maintenance stuff....40 degrees, overcast, and dampish...plus they said that nasty 's' word on the weather report again!:gaah:
As for the cloaking device - for getting OUT of the house, back INTO the house, or for the local constabulary?? There's multiple modes, you know!! :roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
03-16-2013, 01:35 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs: on the ryde. Are you one of those fair weather riders? :roflblack:

Bike-O-Din
03-16-2013, 03:12 PM
LLSailor. I never thought about the "cloaking device" before. I thought you meant that when the weather is nice and you go out and about that at the most unusual times people seem to not see you because the cloaking device turned on. I have had that experience on all of my bikes through the years, but never thought it might actually be a device issue. This is good to know. Thanks for the info - I will look further to see if I can find that **** switch. :sour:

retirednick
03-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Too much snow and cold here in Alberta to even think about going out now.

LLSailor
03-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Was 39 went I left to go to Reno's. Got my Seal Floorboards installed! :2thumbs: Is there such a thing as love at first ride, wait, that's how I got the Spyder in the first place...

Havasu Rider
03-16-2013, 08:24 PM
It has been a little hot the last couple of days (90-94) but it was 84 today and took the :spyder2: out for a 42 mile ride. It is suppose to be the same tomorrow and some of my riding buddys and I are going for a 200+ mile ride. We have about 3 more months of good riding weather and than it is time to put Spyder to bed until fall. Riding in 110-120 degrees is not my favorite thing.

Bonniele
03-16-2013, 08:51 PM
So I rode. Brought to mind a question though, does anyone know where the switch is for the cloaking device? Haven't been able to find it in the manual, so just wondering. Seems to activate at the weirdest times...:shocked:

Being pretty new to this also...what are you speaking of? I already ryde incognito with the helmet...what is a cloaking device?

LLSailor
03-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Being pretty new to this also...what are you speaking of? I already ryde incognito with the helmet...what is a cloaking device?
Presumably an early version of what the Romulans used. Tends to make your machine, and you invisible...:joke: