PDA

View Full Version : Scuffing on center storage/glove box

carajony
03-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Everytime I get on or off my spyder I scuff the center storage/glove box with my boot or sneaker... Not a young whipper snapper and being a little husky--(ok alot of husky)-- I keep scuffing it and its a pain in the rear to clean off.. Just wanted to know if anyone else has this problem and what you have done to resolve it. Put anything on the glove box? Pics please if you have.. n for u jokers-- yes yes yes--- lose weight..do yoga....lol... Thanx

Chupaca
03-15-2013, 07:08 PM
You took the good ones all I have left is get a stepping stool..:roflblack:
Your mounting method is a puzzle.. You could slide your knee with leg bent over the seat then drop your leg down once over the seat..:dontknow:

Cruzr Joe
03-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Everytime I get on or off my spyder I scuff the center storage/glove box with my boot or sneaker... Not a young whipper snapper and being a little husky--(ok alot of husky)-- I keep scuffing it and its a pain in the rear to clean off.. Just wanted to know if anyone else has this problem and what you have done to resolve it. Put anything on the glove box? Pics please if you have.. n for u jokers-- yes yes yes--- lose weight..do yoga....lol... Thanx

I mount it like a horse, no chance of scuffing glove box No Joke

Cruzr Joe

jschw80141
03-15-2013, 07:10 PM
Pete from powersportwraps has a clear plastic that covers the box, totally scratch proof. I covered my entire spyder with it, works great-

Bob Denman
03-15-2013, 07:35 PM
If you can; bend your leg rearward and throw it up and over... As Chupaca said; like mounting a horse...
Unless you added a driver's backrest...:shocked:

carajony
03-15-2013, 08:11 PM
LOL... Didnt think about the stool one... lol... I usually mount or dismount by stepping on the passenger foot rest and swing my leg over in front of me... Cant mount as if on a horse cause of my utopia back rest.. would be swinging my leg way above me.. no gymnastics here..lol...:yikes:... Def will look into the clear plastic from power sports wraps... thanx

NancysToy
03-15-2013, 09:41 PM
Maybe you should have a body shop apply some 3M Paint Protector film to the lid...or maybe SpyderWraps Pete can whip up a solution for you.

missouriboy
03-16-2013, 02:56 AM
I have stiff knees from a fall about 15 years ago, and to avoid scuffing I mount like this:

Left hand on handlebar, left foot on driver's peg.
Grab front of right knee with right hand, and help lift leg over seat, like mounting a horse.

My right foot passes over the front part of the seat, just aft of the paint job on the lid.
Also, I have my passenger mount first, so this method accommodates that situation too.

Works for me! :D

Cavman
03-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Left foot on driver's peg. Right foot toe on rear of passerger's foot rest. Move left foot's heel on front of passerger's foot rest. Lift right leg and fight to get it over the seat while leaning body forward holding on to body of Spyder above the left mirror. TaaDaa!
Reverse the process getting back off, which is a bit harder.

The passenger's foot rests have been raised to the highest position.

bruiser
03-16-2013, 11:33 AM
just get a running start and jump on like I do. :joke: I understand the issue with the backrest. I would go with the clear cover as well.

CapNCrunch
03-16-2013, 12:10 PM
LOL... Didnt think about the stool one... lol... I usually mount or dismount by stepping on the passenger foot rest and swing my leg over in front of me... Cant mount as if on a horse cause of my utopia back rest.. would be swinging my leg way above me.. no gymnastics here..lol...:yikes:... Def will look into the clear plastic from power sports wraps... thanx

THE UTOPIA BACK REST SHOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE, SINCE, IF INSTALLED CORRECTLY, IT FOLDS FORWARD, AND DOWN INTO THE RIDER'S SEAT, ALLOWING PLENTY OF ROOM TO SWING YOUR LEG TO THE REAR WITHOUT UNNECCESSARILLY ELEVATING IT. AT LEAST,THAT WORKS FOR THESE OLD BONES. CapNCrunch : =)

Jeriatric
03-16-2013, 12:21 PM
If you mount from the left side, use your right hand to help lift your leg over the body of the spyder. If you take note of other riders mounting you'll see it's a common practice. Not with just spyder riders either. fwiw

jerpinoy
03-16-2013, 12:34 PM
In the mean time keep the good advice and try them all until you will feel compy doing it. This is one the

BRP co. did not considered. Try to step on the passenger foot rest first and do you mounting. Good luck.

Bob Denman
03-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Does your backres fold down? :dontknow:
Or would it be completely buried under you after you got up in place>
(Just wondering if you could "sort of" get situated, and then fold it up to it's normal position...)

carajony
03-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Yes it folds down... It actually stays down when Im not sitting,,, Just gona have to start doing yoga...lol

Bob Denman
03-16-2013, 11:50 PM
:roflblack: A graceful mounting and dismounting style will definitely impress the Ladies...:thumbup:;)