PDA

View Full Version : odyssey pc680 battery

wyliec
03-14-2013, 08:55 PM
When I replaced the stock battery with the above on a 2008 a few years ago I had to use two L terminals on the positive side. This was due to the angle of the stock terminal end on the double positive cable. These leads appear to have some type of shrink wrap combining the two together for about 2". Is this only a shrink wrap that I can remove? I figure if I can remove it, I can get a little more play in the leads so I don't have to use two L brackets.

Jeriatric
03-14-2013, 09:00 PM
When I replaced the stock battery with the above on a 2008 a few years ago I had to use two L terminals on the positive side. This was due to the angle of the stock terminal end on the double positive cable. These leads appear to have some type of shrink wrap combining the two together for about 2". Is this only a shrink wrap that I can remove? I figure if I can remove it, I can get a little more play in the leads so I don't have to use two L brackets.

Don't know. But based on how you're describing it, it sounds like it's applied more to keep the two wires mated than it would be for any other reason. If true. Then you could remove it and if possible do an electrical tape wrap a little further away. Just to keep them mated. jmy2c

Bob Denman
03-16-2013, 05:49 PM
Wylie,
Is there any way that you could post a picture to offer up a bit more clarity? :shocked:
Thanks! :thumbup: