PDA

View Full Version : Glad I did buy a BaharRon sway bar

Jdsd1
03-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Glad i didn't buy a BahaRon sway bar right away. I wouldn't have known how terrific it is and how much it improves the ride and stability . Thanks BahaRon

Bob Denman
03-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Forget about dragracing these bikes; we're gonna have to set up some road courses so that we can show off a bit... :thumbup:

Netminder
03-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Ordered mine last weekend, can't wait to get it installed and for this :cus: snow to disappear so I can test it out!:yes::yes:

samewok
03-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Sure changes how the bike rides for the better.

cyclelover63
03-13-2013, 09:13 PM
I thought everyone wanted a bike that leans!!!!..Why a better sway bar???:joke:

aka1004
03-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Ryder's acceptance of antisway bar has come a long way.
I think it was the 3rd mod on spyder back in 09 after o2modifer and hindle. I felt antisway bar was and still is the best mod for money but after lamonster's negative review on original bar from Evo, that might have turned new ryders away from it.
Glad ryders are appreciating what it does and thank bajaron for producing them.

And yes, when I first received antisway bar, I was like "I paid $230 for this piece of metal?!!" But once I installed it, it was well worth the money and time.

Chupaca
03-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Forget about dragracing these bikes; we're gonna have to set up some road courses so that we can show off a bit... :thumbup:

:agree: Too bad "nanny" won't let us get really crazy...hate that sputtering makes the bike sound like it needs a tune up..!!:roflblack: Or Should take it off choke..!!:roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-14-2013, 06:41 AM
You also probably shouldn't rest your thumb on the kill switch! :shocked::shocked: :roflblack:
I have no idea if the bar will reduce Nanny's interventions or not; since the bike leans WAY less... :dontknow:

Sarge707
03-14-2013, 09:39 AM
:agree: Too bad "nanny" won't let us get really crazy...hate that sputtering makes the bike sound like it needs a tune up..!!:roflblack: Or Should take it off choke..!!:roflblack:

God Bless the Nanny! I would have been thrown off Twice this winter accelerating too FAST on slick roads IF the Nanny had Not steped in and Said, "I,m Not going to let you get thrown on the Cold, Hard Pavement??"nojoke

Bob Denman
03-14-2013, 09:54 AM
In spite of how much we complain; she does a pretty good job of saving us from our own foolishness! :thumbup:

muonwhiz
03-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Glad i didn't buy a BahaRon sway bar right away. I wouldn't have known how terrific it is and how much it improves the ride and stability . Thanks BahaRon

Did you install the bar with the original shocks or did you buy other shocks and install them first? What is the advisability of doing it either way? Will the bar help even while using the factory shocks? Thanks for the info!

Bob Denman
03-14-2013, 10:44 AM
It definitely helps to pretty-near eliminate body-sway; even with the OEM shocks.
The Elkas just make it all better! :thumbup: ;)
They're a bit stiffer, so you might notice less over the road compliance...

BajaRon
03-14-2013, 11:36 AM
You also probably shouldn't rest your thumb on the kill switch! :shocked::shocked: :roflblack:
I have no idea if the bar will reduce Nanny's interventions or not; since the bike leans WAY less... :dontknow:

The Ron-Bar (as you have dubbed it) does calm the Nanny down a bit. For me and other riders I've talked to, this is a plus.

Really, the sway bar upgrade does the same thing for the Nanny that it does for the driver/passenger. Because it makes the Spyder more stable, more controllable and safer, and because the Nanny depends on many of the same inputs that our bodies sense, she feels safer and she doesn't see the need to interfere or step in as soon or as often.

But have no doubts, she is still there ready to shut you down if you get too frisky, regardless of how much you upgrade your suspension. I used to hate my Nanny. She was WAY too intrusive for my taste. But now with the suspension upgrades we get along just fine.:thumbup: Now she is a welcome and appreciated passenger on every ride. :ohyea:

teacherbob
03-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Put the Sway Bar on didn't need to spend the $ on the Elkas. Thanks Ron.

Sarge707
03-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Did you install the bar with the original shocks or did you buy other shocks and install them first? What is the advisability of doing it either way? Will the bar help even while using the factory shocks? Thanks for the info!

The sway bar is the most important even if your a "Sunday Driver" because it makes highway travel a lot more stable in windy or turbulent conditions of Semi,s rolling by!
2nd-It will give you a MUCH more controlled Mid or High speed Turn (Swerve?) IF you have to get out of harms way.
3rd-When your rounding a Big entrance or exit ramp (Especially with a Passenger) it will be much more stable to control!

Even if you never speed around a corner in your life the above 3 aspects of the Sway Bar make it more than worth the $$$!!!

That being said- Most people gain 5-10 MPH (Or More:roflblack:) on sharper corners with the sway bar.:yikes:

Bob Denman
03-14-2013, 11:46 AM
The Ron-Bar (as you have dubbed it)...
If you've got to be immortalized for something... :2thumbs: :clap: :firstplace:

Jdsd1
03-14-2013, 06:46 PM

I just added the bar. some syders out there suggest to that first and see the improvement, the shock replacement might not be necessary. So far I dont think it is, but I'll see

jthornton
03-14-2013, 07:00 PM
That being said- Most people gain 5-10 MPH (Or More:roflblack:) on sharper corners with the sway bar.:yikes:

I gain 10-15 MPH on either bike in corners and loose gas mileage when I ride solo... I can't figure it out.

John