PDA

View Full Version : Front Tires RS

CanAmMURPH
03-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Its time to change my tires. I notice that the tires are worn on the inner part only. In other words, half of the tire is done. Is there a kit out there to keep the tires from tilting in? My mechanic advised that cars have that kit. Anyone?:pray:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-13-2013, 04:09 PM

billybovine
03-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Its time to change my tires. I notice that the tires are worn on the inner part only. In other words, half of the tire is done. Is there a kit out there to keep the tires from tilting in? My mechanic advised that cars have that kit. Anyone?:pray:

Most Spyders by the posts on Spyderlovers have excess wear on the inside edge of the tire caused by excess toe out, not excess negative camber. The only way to know for sure is to measure it. If you do find that you have excess negative camber "officially" it is not adjustable but it can be shimmed with thin washers. If the camber is adjusted the toe will change and has to be adjusted as well.

Bob Denman
03-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Talk to rnet; he's got a fix figured out for it! :2thumbs:

NancysToy
03-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Most Spyders by the posts on Spyderlovers have excess wear on the inside edge of the tire caused by excess toe out, not excess negative camber. The only way to know for sure is to measure it. If you do find that you have excess negative camber "officially" it is not adjustable but it can be shimmed with thin washers. If the camber is adjusted the toe will change and has to be adjusted as well.

:agree: I also worry about the tech that suggested the "kit". Not going to get a proper alignment out of that one. Time to find a dealer that understands.

Chupaca
03-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Find a dealer who can get your bike lined up to avoid messing up your new tires. They should not wear unevenly. Never heard of kits and if there are seems it would still have to be aligned..!!:dontknow:

Cruzr Joe
03-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Find a dealer who can get your bike lined up to avoid messing up your new tires. They should not wear unevenly. Never heard of kits and if there are seems it would still have to be aligned..!!:dontknow:

:agree:

Cruzr Joe

rnet
03-13-2013, 07:38 PM
Talk to rnet; he's got a fix figured out for it! :2thumbs:Yep, have it figured out, I do. If you are anywhere near New York, contact me and we can fix you up. (tires, balance, and alignment):ohyea:

Jerryffvt
06-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Yep, have it figured out, I do. If you are anywhere near New York, contact me and we can fix you up. (tires, balance, and alignment):ohyea:
Do you work at a dealership?
the reason I ask, just bought a 2012 RS SE5 last fall, noticed right front tire with abnormal wear almost smooth on inside but left front tire is wearing even across tread. 200lb rider. I talked to my nearest dealership and they said this was due to crown of road and that there is no camber/caster adjustment to these Spyders and that it just needs the tires rotated (left/right). Original tires, Kenda I think.
I see you are just nouth of poughipsie and Newburgh, I am in northern Vermont and it might make for a nice day trip. I am interested in getting a different opinion.
regards, Jerry

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Do you work at a dealership?
the reason I ask, just bought a 2012 RS SE5 last fall, noticed right front tire with abnormal wear almost smooth on inside but left front tire is wearing even across tread. 200lb rider. I talked to my nearest dealership and they said this was due to crown of road and that there is no camber/caster adjustment to these Spyders and that it just needs the tires rotated (left/right). Original tires, Kenda I think.
I see you are just nouth of poughipsie and Newburgh, I am in northern Vermont and it might make for a nice day trip. I am interested in getting a different opinion.
regards, Jerry
First priority, before or with new tires, is to get a laser alignment.