PDA

View Full Version : another front wheel trike thing

Tx web rider
03-13-2013, 11:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/TOYOTAglobal

saw this today on facebook

scooterexpress
03-13-2013, 12:04 PM
someone about a week or so ago just posted this same thread with the same trike/car looking thing.

Bob Denman
03-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Cool! An over the road, licensible coffin :2thumbs: :shocked:

ARtraveler
03-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Lots of fun to drive on the five lane, bumper to bumper freeways I am sure. A beautiful vehicle for sure, but a little scarry with all the big vehicles out there.

lookerjdc
03-13-2013, 02:03 PM
i'm sure it will be great in small European cities, and maybe in China

but putting one of those on the road in the US is suicidal........

bluestratos
03-13-2013, 02:08 PM
And it is more suicidle that a motorcycle on a US road? I would love to drive one, hope fully the trend will continue to evolve.

SXSMachine
03-15-2013, 08:09 PM
The Toyota appears to be about the smallest of these types of enclosed car vehicles that I have seen that is meant for on road though every now and then the Japanese come out with a retractable chassis type thing.

The I-lean seems to be a definite for very small European or Asian streets that even cars have difficulty using so they need a car with something the width of an Ass (the animal), I was however very disappointed as a follower of the genre to see absolutely no more space than for a laptop.

The Nissan Landglider is still the best attempt at an actual car version although I have seen several good prototypes of other types of enclosed bike style versions.

This kind of vehicle is classified just in name, for want of a better term, a convergence vehicle in the combination of the dynamics of a motorcycle and a car and components of both.

They are not a possibility they are an inevitability as to much traffic has gridlock in many major cities and and no space or money for roads and speaking as a futurist I dont want them taking up space and money with road infrastructure that could be saved by new vehicle types.

The new vehicles will likes get their own lanes on freeways and lane splitting which is legal in some area's states or countries will be encouraged for some vehicles on the skinnier side rather than the enclosed type. Just where it makes sense and maybe it will not make sense for any just to cut of any argument in that regard.

These are part of the next generation of vehicles on our doorsteps meant to be second or maybe third vehicles for families to stop traffic congestion. They will become the only vehicle for some urbanites and there is going to be some exciting examples of them available that provide performance in excess of the Spyder and Can Am them selves keep pushing forward every day with Patents to I can only think go ahead and produce a leaning Spyder sooner or later as they have more than enough Patents to reserve that space for them with their existing format.

There will I said be others and as always they will appear here for all to see. :thumbup: :spyder:

lonestarmedic
03-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Nothing new there in the concept. Just made it a bit bigger and enclosed it. I could easily see this
as an alternative for the urban market. Goes along with the Smart Car. And I bet the accelleration
is better. However, I agree that it might be difficult to have these sharing the road with large
trucks. Not because of the size as much as the drivers. Many people with little experience with a
motorcycle type vehicle will purchase them. And the enclosed space will not develop their sense
of awareness like an open vehicle does.

JB

Chupaca
03-15-2013, 10:25 PM
This thing is like a bad penny, keeps showing up. Still looks like something that was caught between two semis. Like out of a pink panther movie...:roflblack:

Arr MiHardies
03-15-2013, 10:36 PM
someone about a week or so ago just posted this same thread with the same trike/car looking thing.

that was me.
My biggest gripe about this is the name. i mean seriously.. do they need to start copying Apple for vehicle names now too? iAnnoyed.