PDA

View Full Version : Kudo's for Spyderlover.com

StanProff
03-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I had posted a Help issue a couple of days ago here, this gentleman is new to the spyder and did not know about Spyderlovers.com
here is his email I just received, he took Spyderlovers advise and for safety took the Spyder over to East Tenn. ATV to get checked out.

His Reply: Itturns out that the computer remembered that I had started it in -30 Celsius theday i finalized the purchase and trailered the trike home. Whenthat happened it wouldn't circulate the oil to the steering unit and thus theoil reservoir was over filled.
Anyway,no damage. We got all the computer updates that probably should have been partof the pre delivery.
Wehad taken about 1 litre of oil out of it but once the oil started circulatingproperly , we needed to replace the oil we had taken out.
Wewere very impressed with the service we received as well as the hospitalityfrom you and the network of spyderlovers.Com (http://spyderlovers.com/).
Thiswas very comforting for us thank you again.
Wewill be wandering around here for another day or so before heading south andwest.
Wewill probably wander through South Carolina and on into Mississippi,Alabama andultimately Arizona.
LIVEYOUR DREAM
Sentfrom my iPad
JerryN Gothard

NancysToy
03-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Glad he got things sorted out. Just to set the record straight, the engine oil does not circulate to the steering (which is motor driven). It would have failed to circulate to the oil cooler in those low temps. Surprised the dealer didn't start it and run it enough to warm the oil. There are probably some other things that were neglected, like hooking it up to BUDS. Having the 600 mile service done by a competent dealer sounds like a must in this case.

StanProff
03-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Glad he got things sorted out. Just to set the record straight, the engine oil does not circulate to the steerring (which is motor driven). It would have failed to circulate to the oil cooler in those low temps. Surprised the dealer didn't start it and run it enough to warm the oil. There are probably some other things that were neglected, like hooking it up to BUDS. Having the 600 mile service done by a competent dealer sounds like a must in this case.

I need to note that he was traveling from Ontario Ca. sounds like he was confused on the oil cooler. Sounds like the selling dealer didn't do their job.

Chupaca
03-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Always glad to hear that we made a difference. There are a bunch of guys intent on helping anyone who needs it. A rear find in a world of me me mine I know it all. I am but an observer but love being a part of this place...:thumbup::thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-13-2013, 07:39 AM
:agree: It's nice to know that if you run something "up the flagpole" in here, the answers WILL find you! :thumbup: ;)