PDA

View Full Version : Faran released as an Ambassdor

SpyderLady
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
We have just learned Can Am did not renew Faran's contract (also one other man). We need to find a way to let them know the ladies also need a voice with BRP Can Am. Yes I believe Faran did a great job and has helped the ladies a lot. Lady Ryder's have increased tremendously and a lot if ladies have Faran to thank for that.

If anyone can help us find a way to let them know we NEED/WANT female representation let us know. I would love to know how many of their sales, especially in the past year or so were to women. At one time I had heard it was close to 40% or better.

We have a group if ladies (Girls on Spyders) that had over 450+ members all who ride and more and more ask to be a member of our group on Facebook. Faran has been such a big help with the ladies.

We need to make sure Can Am hears us. Nothing negative and not lashing out at them, but we need to let them know we need female representation.

Netminder
03-12-2013, 04:18 PM
I agree 100%. I think Faran was an excellent ambassador!I did not hear this news. They definitely should have a female representative! Who is the male?

ARtraveler
03-12-2013, 04:22 PM
I do not usually post on the Lady SL threads. But here is what I said on the other thread.

QUOTE:
I am not a facebook person--so this was news to me. Thank you for posting this on SL for us.

I was under the impression that ambassadors were changed every year, and now am confused about the whole process.

I read SL probably as much as anyone and I can't name the ambassadors beyond Lamont and Faran. IMO: it seemed like a pretty quiet group, and SL is probably their biggest "interested" audience that is reached.

From a marketing standpoint, they need to be out and about with the general public though. It would be interesting to know what the reasons behind the change are--but am guessing we will never know.

Don't mean to step on anyone's toes here, but want more information before I would dive in and give a more complete opinion.

END QUOTE

MidLifeCrisis
03-12-2013, 04:57 PM
When we were thinking of getting the Spyder, it was Faran's comments I was most interested in. Of course Lamont had all the tasty details about mods, etc., but no amount of mods would have impressed my wife. The viewpoints of another woman were golden.

Hope they have a plan, but I've been working in the corporate world too long to actually believe that. :(

FaranH
03-12-2013, 06:37 PM
When we were thinking of getting the Spyder, it was Faran's comments I was most interested in. Of course Lamont had all the tasty details about mods, etc., but no amount of mods would have impressed my wife. The viewpoints of another woman were golden.

Hope they have a plan, but I've been working in the corporate world too long to actually believe that. :(

I'm grateful to have been a part in some of these buying decisions when I didn't even know it! This is a pretty great community of people and it's been fun to share the woman's "voice" even for a little while. :D

SpydeRider2010
03-14-2013, 07:54 PM
I too... was under the impression that Ambassadorship was a limited term. and unless one is in the position to give up their career for being an ambassador... it should be a limited term. IMHO

as for who holds/performs the job/duties... as long as the goal of product awarenees and advertising is accomplished (to EVERYONEs mutial benefit...) spread the fun around!!! :yes::yes::yes: Malin Brando and Peter Fonda had to come off those scoots at some point. ;)

my biggest concern is, that BRP Can Am truly REALIZE the demographics of their customer base, for a "not" average motorcycle. crotch rocekteers and ape hanger handlers don't ride Spyders. it's a well round spectrum of everything in between. young people, middle aged, mid-lifers, OLD riders, male and female, short-tall, skinny-plump-fat, and ALL races. and that's what I believe should be targeted by BRP. and the product LINES.. should be geared towards ALL of that.

so... bring in the next batch of ryders and lets keep it on the road. Faran and Mickey have done a great job and I have nothing bad to say about it. maybe one day in the future... there'll be a need for more than five and on more than one continent :) my thanks to both of them. :clap: