PDA

View Full Version : Stupid safety message waiting?

trikester
04-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Is there any way to disable the dumb safety message that I have to wait for, before I can push "M", and then start the bike? This is driving me nuts :edit:

Frank

NancysToy
04-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Is there any way to disable the dumb safety message that I have to wait for, before I can push "M", and then start the bike? This is driving me nuts :edit:

Frank

I think you should be able to make it say "Good morning, Frank." Just like Mission Impossible. lol

Scotty

WaltH
04-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Wait for the computer to boot (analog gauges return to zero) this takes about two seconds, and then press (click like mouse button) the mode button on the left switch housing. This is the mode button that toggles the clock, mileage, hours, etc. At that point you can start the engine without waiting for the legal message.

trikester
04-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks, you saved my sanity ;D

barb36jack31
04-24-2008, 08:44 PM
In addition, the toggle trigger on the left handlebar is much more reliable than the M button on the dash. The button can be very erratic in its operation. I never use the button any more.

Jack H.

matusky
04-29-2008, 08:00 AM
:agree: handlebar mounted button is best..... anyone know why they didn't put the temp/RPM button on the handlebar also???

RTGENE
04-29-2008, 08:13 AM
I am so glad to have mine -----every time I see the message it makes me smile.

trikester
04-29-2008, 01:54 PM
I didn't even realize the handle bar button was there. Thanks, now I use it instead of the button on the panel.

Frank

smokster
04-29-2008, 02:48 PM
I didn't even realize the handle bar button was there. Thanks, now I use it instead of the button on the panel.

Frank

Frank,
Now you are all set-up, when do you want to ride?

trikester
05-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Frank,
Now you are all set-up, when do you want to ride?

Smokster, any day you prefer for riding?

This weekend I will be getting ready for an antique ride the following weekend over in Sedona AZ so those two weekends are tied up. I'm retired, so I can ride during the week also if that can work for you.

Frank

NancysToy
05-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Found a new use this weekend for the silly safety message warning. I attended a BMW rally with the Spyder. The warning made for great show-and-tell, much to the amusement of all.
-Scotty

trikester
05-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Found a new use this weekend for the silly safety message warning. I attended a BMW rally with the Spyder. The warning made for great show-and-tell, much to the amusement of all.
-Scotty

Everyone I show it to gets a good laugh. I usually say; "see this message when I turn on the key"? 'I wonder where it is"? Then I pull the card out from its hiding place and it is guaranteed to get a laugh.

Frank