PDA

View Full Version : An unplanned stop, GatorSkins and unplanned expenditures.

DR Buck
03-10-2013, 09:29 PM
On our way back from eastern PA today we made a stop at a biker's accessory store. The place is less than a mile from the Harley HQ in York PA and we've been by it before but never stopped. Apparently the guy that runs the store is also the owner of 'GatorSkins' ( http://www.gator-skins.com/ ). The stuff looks to be some pretty nice thermal wear. Wondering if anyone here has purchased any and what their thoughts might be? I looked up online reviews and from the comments it sounds impressive.

Anyway, while there the wife was checking out leather riding jackets and found one she really liked. Problem is, she is short and everything that fits her well has sleeves that are way too long. Turns out this place also has a tailor that does alterations. :yes: So, I got to buy her a new riding jacket for her birthday. :) When I go back to PA to pick up my powder coated Spyder parts I will stop and pick up her jacket. may just have to get me one while I'm there. ;)

Grandpa Spyder
03-11-2013, 05:33 AM
I know that feeling, My wife is 4'10" I even had to build lifts for the passengers foot rest. I raised them 4"s and the wife loves them.

bruiser
03-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Saw the store back in December while visiting kin in Pa. Didn't have time to stop. Next time we're up that way will have to check it out.