PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up heated hear to the battery in the 2013 Trunk

Zenagirl
03-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Okay, I've searched and found some posts on battery hookup for heated gear on the older models, and the inticate jobs some of you have done to make it possible. However, with the battery in the "frunk", I'm thinking there isn't going to be an easy way. I have gear and am ready to ride, but it doesn't appear that this is going to be a simple attach to the battery type deal I was thinking it would be. Does someone have to drill a hole in the frunk for me to thread the wires through? I can't just have the wires hanging from me and going to the frunk and being pinched when the lid is closed... Is there a simple solution? (ps, I don't have anyone to do this for me either, unless I go back to the dealer.) However, I did see a post about installing an outlet type of deal in more accessible place, and maybe that's what I'll have to have the dealer do, but that won't be anytime soon.... :p Why wouldn't an outlet be up front anyways, and why hasn't BRP made this easier? Haven't any new 2013 owners plugged in their heated gear? (oh and the heated gear is new to me as well!) Darn, I was looking forward to going for a ride today and being WARM. :sour:
Well going to really bundle up and get out in the sunshine, but I'll read all suggestions in a little while, cuz, I don't think I'll be out there too long. ;)
Thanks!

Lamonster
03-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Here's where I grabbed power.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/54625_463209600388983_1001015765_o.jpg