PDA

View Full Version : BajaRon's Swaybar Installed

Kagey_98
03-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Props to Ron even before I installed the swaybar... My swaybar took the long way to my house (I live in Cincinnati, it went to Dayton, Oh.) care of USPS. And then "got lost" for a week... Keep in mind, this is not a dig on Ron, but praise for his dedication in helping me track it down, and it finding it's way home...

So for the install, I started last night, and finished this early afternoon... Directions were great, and became more clear as I spent time under the Spyder. I took my time, and went slow, and took about 2-3 hours all told...

A laymen's hint for you... I work with computers, and it is not unusual at the end of a configuration to have "Extra" parts left. A quick check with Ron's install, the only 2 parts you will have left over is 2 bolts, as he is now providing slightly longer ones, to compensate for the slightly thicker bar.

I hope to get a ryde in today or tomorrow for a test, and let's face it, we're all chomping at the bit for warmer weather... :ohyea:

Thanks Ron!:bowdown:

Bob Denman
03-09-2013, 02:38 PM
I just got back from the shakedown cruise with mine; posted in the RT ShopTalk area...
YOu WILL NOT be disappointed! :thumbup:

Chupaca
03-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Your going to love the new ryde...:ohyea:

oldgoat
03-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Did mine today as well, '08 GS. Old bones don't like grovelling around on the ground measuring that darn Heim clearance thingy!!.
Also took me not far off 3hrs & I already had the frunk off.

Hats off to Ron from me as well, as USPS/Canada Post did not cover themselves with glory.

Will have to wait a while to test it. I also have RT shocks on the front set on setting #2 (#1 being the softest).

Kagey_98
03-09-2013, 05:00 PM
I backed off my stock shocks to 4, hoping for a softer ryde..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bob Denman
03-09-2013, 06:26 PM
I stayed with the identical shock preload setup on mine...(elkas)
If there's one cash crop that New York should export; it's potholes... :gaah: I figured it best to leave it set in a known configuration for my first several trips through these lousy roads...

Gary1951
03-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Installed the BahaRon swaybar Thursday evening, and adjusted the front shock pre-load from #5 down to the #4 setting. Installation and shock adjustment took me about an hour and a half, following Ron's directions. I rode alone Friday about 30 miles and was very impressed.

Jan and I took our RT Limited on a 50 mile "test" ride today. The difference when riding 2 up is even more noticeable. Handling, and especially high speed stability, is greatly improved, and the ride seems much smoother. I was able to reduce the rear air pressure, also helping to improve the ride.

I am amazed at the overall improvement in performance. Great job Ron! Thanks for a Great Product!

Gary

DLewis
03-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Today must have been "Install Swaybar" day. Did mine today as well. Gotta say, wish it coulda been the FIRST mod I ever did!!:yes:
The Spyder handles just AWESOME now! BajaRon, my first speeding ticket, I'm looking for YOU to pay!! :roflblack::roflblack:
This thing makes the Spyder absolutely incredible to ride. All of the accolations that everyone is saying are true. If anyone is still on the fence about getting a BajaRon swaybar, jump to it. You won't regret it. Thanks again Ron for a great product!:thumbup:

carajony
03-09-2013, 09:00 PM
I say this was an excellent thing to add to my spyder... When I would make a turn I would slow down almost to a crawl... Now I dont slow down as much... Am cautious but a more stable... Def a must add...:agree::clap:

samewok
03-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Today had Spyder Pops install the sway bar. the differance in ride quality very good with shocks on 4.

MrLooney
03-09-2013, 09:33 PM
to those who have not purchased Ron's Bar, Come on Get on the Band Wagon!

I installed my BAR when I was in Texas. And I installed it WITH FRUNK ON ! It was a challenge for sure. Using only a Crescent wrench and the open end wrench propvided in the :spyder:tool kit. Getting the bolts off that hold the bar to the frame was a problem SOLVED by putting the handle end of the Crescent Wrench between Frunk and frame then pushing the frunk away from the frame. REINSTALL !!~ How to get those bolts back into the holes when there is not enough room to manuver your fingers around the bolt.......... Tie a small string around the bolt threads at the end, fish the string through the hole and pull the bolt up and into the hole. You will have to again pry the Frunk away from the frame. Snug up all bolts and nuts leaving loose enough to make any sidways adjustments then tighten all securely. Total time scavaging blocks, wood, bricks and gallon paint cans to set the :spyder: on to crawl under it, remove and replace and back on the ground 1.5 hours. :D

Last but not least... I ECHO what others have said about Ron's personality and character, to do EXTREAMLY GOOD for his customers no matter what the product he sells.

One good Guy Ron :2thumbs:

HERES TO YA RON :firstplace:

Bob Denman
03-10-2013, 07:58 AM
:lecturef_smilie: So why haven't the rest of you ordered already?? :roflblack::roflblack:

harrypottar
03-10-2013, 11:02 AM
:lecturef_smilie: So why haven't the rest of you ordered already?? :roflblack::roflblack:

I want one but there's no way I would attempt the install, totally useless at that sort of thing, bike would never run again. Hoping to get one installed at Maggie Vally, Lamont's BBQ.

Did I ever tell you about the time I tried to change the oil out on my ATV, cost me hundreds in needing the drain plug hole drilled out and tapped. Some how I had cross threaded the drain plug bolt and screwed the thread up on the engine. nojoke

harry

Bob Denman
03-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Harry,
Believe me; I know exactly what you're talking about! :opps:
Bolts stripped, busted, cross-threaded, LOST!
Parts stepped on, buggered up, mounted wrong, LOST!
And then there's been all of the blood and skin that I've stripped off... :shocked:
But this installation is pretty darn easy...
It took me as long as it did only because of my diabetic neuropathy and poor eyesight...
I couldn't hang onto the tools or parts... and then I couldn't see where to put them! :D
But if I can manage it; so can you! :thumbup: nojoke

BuddaBelly
03-10-2013, 01:09 PM
I took the BuddaBuggy for a ryde up on Patterson Road late this morning. I have Ron's swaybar on it now. What a freakin ryde. Meow. Man is this fun now. Patterson road is a twisties. My wife even enjoy lettin it rip through the corners.
Ron. You have a fantastic product.
If you don't have one on your Spyder. You are really missing one heck of a ryde. Worth every penny, then some.

OJ UK
03-10-2013, 01:22 PM

I'm sorry Bob, really I am! :bowdown::bowdown:
I got one here but with some nasty wet and cold weather and no power in the garage
I can't install it just yet! I gotta wait 'til the weather clears and run to my pal's place.
He has a luxury garage full of all the right equipment and heat and lights and beer and
everything!!

Bob Denman
03-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Climate conditions? All is forgiven... :2thumbs: :roflblack: :joke:
But you WILL wonder how you ever got along without it once you hit that first turn... :thumbup: nojoke

OJ UK
03-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Thank 'ee very kindly good sir!! Oi never meant to offend!! (/to be said in an English West Country accent!! Oooh Arrhh!!) :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
03-10-2013, 02:33 PM

Bob

Got mine, it is installed and it works great, best part is that i got it installed and the Missus has no clue that i spent money on it because she can't see it

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OJ UK
03-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Joe...You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself being so underhanded!:roflblack:
You'd better hope that your wife never reads these pages!! :thumbup:

Sarge707
03-10-2013, 04:53 PM
http://www.shspowersports.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2228282&category=Motorcycles&make=Can-Am&year=2012&fveh=126518
Installed mine today with the Helm joints In Front of the bar and it seemed to fit well (As Per the directions) - I positioned the collars by lining up the old bar collars with new and it really helped not to have to tighten them laying under the Spyder.

Question??? On my 09 GS the bar is outside the helm joint OR the helm joints are inside the bar:roflblack:.

Why does the Fische for both the 09 and 2012 show the helm joint inside or behind the bar????:dontknow:

SEE ABOVE!

Bob Denman
03-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Got mine, it is installed and it works great, best part is that i got it installed and the Missus has no clue that i spent money on it because she can't see it

You and I must have gone to different High Schools together!n :thumbup: :roflblack:
I'd be ashamed of having done the same thing up here, except I'm kind of happy that I was able to pull it off! :opps::thumbup:

BajaRon
03-10-2013, 07:30 PM
http://www.shspowersports.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2228282&category=Motorcycles&make=Can-Am&year=2012&fveh=126518
Installed mine today with the Helm joints In Front of the bar and it seemed to fit well (As Per the directions) - I positioned the collars by lining up the old bar collars with new and it really helped not to have to tighten them laying under the Spyder.

Question??? On my 09 GS the bar is outside the helm joint OR the helm joints are inside the bar:roflblack:.

Why does the Fische for both the 09 and 2012 show the helm joint inside or behind the bar????:dontknow:

SEE ABOVE!

The OEM RS, GS, RS-S sway bar mounts outside of the Heim link joints. The RT models OEM sway bar mounts inside of the Heim link joints. BRP simply shows the same RS model fiche diagram for both, though it isn't accurate for the RT versions.

Kagey_98
03-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Wow! Did about 100 smiles today with Coz and SporterSpider, and what a difference... There is one spot, that I travel frequently, that the ROAD leans Right as it curves Left... Needless to say the Spyder "Roll" on that section had a high pucker factor... Today; It was like it was on rails. Smooth, precise. It was great!

Thanks again Ron!

:bowdown:

bhfromme
03-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Harry,
Believe me; I know exactly what you're talking about! :opps:
Bolts stripped, busted, cross-threaded, LOST!
Parts stepped on, buggered up, mounted wrong, LOST!
And then there's been all of the blood and skin that I've stripped off... :shocked:
But this installation is pretty darn easy...
It took me as long as it did only because of my diabetic neuropathy and poor eyesight...
I couldn't hang onto the tools or parts... and then I couldn't see where to put them! :D
But if I can manage it; so can you! :thumbup: nojoke

Bob you are either one, being modest regarding your mechanical ability or two, have no idea what it's like to not be mechanically inclined at all. Probably some combination of the two! My mechanical ineptitude sounds a lot like Harry's. No way I'm doin it. Gettin it done at Lamont's barbeque. Truthfully though the sway doesn't bother me much but in terms of safety I'm thinking more stable is better than less stable!

Bill

BajaRon
03-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Bob you are either one, being modest regarding your mechanical ability or two, have no idea what it's like to not be mechanically inclined at all. Probably some combination of the two! My mechanical ineptitude sounds a lot like Harry's. No way I'm doin it. Gettin it done at Lamont's barbeque. Truthfully though the sway doesn't bother me much but in terms of safety I'm thinking more stable is better than less stable!

Bill

This sway bar project has been one of the most interesting I've ever experienced. I have been getting quite a few emails & PM's lately saying things like; 'I think my RT handles just fine and I really don't feel I need an upgraded sway bar... BUT! Because of all the positive feedback on Spyderlover's I just can't resist finding out what I may be missing.'

So far, without exception, I get another email after their bar is installed saying something like; 'I can't believe how much difference this little steel bar makes. I could feel the difference on the 1st turn I made. I love the improvement and I would never go back.'

I don't have to say a thing. All of you are much more convincing than anything I might say about the bar. Thank you all for your great support! The Spyder is a great machine.... Enjoy! :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
03-11-2013, 11:43 AM
Joe...You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself being so underhanded!:roflblack:
You'd better hope that your wife never reads these pages!! :thumbup:

Bob taught me, blame him