PDA

View Full Version : Why am I being directed to buy TapTalk ??

wa3wheels
03-09-2013, 01:09 AM
Why am I being directed to purchase TapTalk on accessing SL ????? :chat:

Wiredux
03-09-2013, 06:32 AM
Has to do with the forum software and your mobile device.

Captain Fin
03-09-2013, 06:56 AM
I was directed to Tap-A-Nut. I'm very happy with the service.

pro10is
03-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Why am I being directed to purchase TapTalk on accessing SL ????? :chat:

Tapatalk will greatly enhance your enjoyment of accessing forums from your mobile device. Highly recommended and well worth the measly few bucks it costs.

Netminder
03-09-2013, 09:24 AM
If you do not want it, just click "cancel". Should only ask you once in awhile after that and not each time.

MidLifeCrisis
03-09-2013, 09:33 AM
If you have a tablet, go for the HD version. It has even nicer features for forums. It's available for both Android and iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bruiser
03-09-2013, 10:33 AM
I have a dumbphone. I'm not on Facebook, I know where I'm going and where I've been, I can read a map, and I don't need to let everyone know what I had for breakfast this morning. And my wife calls me a grouchy old man. I used tap a talk when I was a kid. I'd tap my parents to get their attention, then I'd talk. :roflblack:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-09-2013, 10:46 AM

bruisersbaby
03-09-2013, 10:58 AM
"Grumpy" old man, not grouchy. There's that selective hearing again!! :hun::banghead:

my3gs
03-09-2013, 11:47 AM
I refuse to buy apps for my phone. i get on an i just hit cancel an go on. It seems to work fine.

wa3wheels
03-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Even after clicking cancel it continues to pop up as I click on each subject line on each SL forum.

If you do not want it, just click "cancel". Should only ask you once in awhile after that and not each time.

Jeriatric
03-09-2013, 12:09 PM
I have a dumbphone. I'm not on Facebook, I know where I'm going and where I've been, I can read a map, and I don't need to let everyone know what I had for breakfast this morning. And my wife calls me a grouchy old man. I used tap a talk when I was a kid. I'd tap my parents to get their attention, then I'd talk. :roflblack:

:agree:.....110 %....:clap::clap::clap:.....Mike :thumbup:

:agree: make that 3.

Hberninger
03-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Even after clicking cancel it continues to pop up as I click on each subject line on each SL forum.

I have the same problem. I don't understand why it is necessary to keep getting bugged by this just to use this forum.

DrewNJ
03-09-2013, 02:35 PM
If you browse the forums on your phone or tablet, Tapatalk makes it much nicer. The format fits the screen better and you don't have any ads. Just makes the forum easier to navigate. Well worth the little price you pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidLifeCrisis
03-09-2013, 04:26 PM
I have the same problem. I don't understand why it is necessary to keep getting bugged by this just to use this forum.

If it's that annoying and you are using an android device, just set your browser to desktop mode and the annoyances will stop. Not sure how to get around it in an iDevice, aside from loading an alternate browser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

grumpybob
03-09-2013, 04:40 PM

:agree: I have a Tracfone & it is smart enough to let me dial a # and subtract minutes. No Facebook for me, although I did setup a YouTube account last week.

I use tap a talk on Nan every night - sometimes I actually get a reply. :yes::yes: :yes:

Firefly
03-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Love Tapatalk. Well worth the couple bucks they charge. I have no problem paying for a well made phone app.... Someone worked hard to bring the app to market.... They deserve their just rewards.

Frank G
03-10-2013, 08:03 AM
What is TapTalk?:dontknow:

coastrider
03-10-2013, 10:31 AM
I enabled cookies and turned off private browsing on mu IPad and the issue went away.

Jeriatric
03-10-2013, 10:39 AM
I enabled cookies and turned off private browsing on mu IPad and the issue went away.

Dumb phone, user here. Seems it wasn't dumb enough so I disabled it's ability to receive texts and photos.

Have a buddy that thought it was 'cute' to send me JUNK!

pro10is
03-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Modern "smart phones" are simply miniature computers that happen to have a built in mobile phone. If you appreciate and use a computer you'd probably enjoy a smart phone as well if you gave it a chance. They're not hard for anyone to use for most needs, in fact they're easier and much more enjoyable to use than regular cell phones because they operate far better. You may be doing yourself a great disservice by shunning them. Motorcyclists who travel long distances should especially appreciate them, they can provide you with more valuable services than anything else you may carry. You'll have no real idea how much until you own one.

There is always some resistance to new technology. People once shunned telephones, cars, radios, cameras, televisions, and of course computers. Now most of us own more than one of each. Don't put yourself at a disadvantage, if you don't yet own a smart phone at least give one a try. You won't regret it and you'll never go back to a "dumb" cell phone.

stevedfive
03-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Hello Mabel, can you ring up Jerbear?

Jeriatric
03-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Modern "smart phones" are simply miniature computers that happen to have a built in mobile phone. If you appreciate and use a computer you'd probably enjoy a smart phone as well if you gave it a chance. They're not hard for anyone to use for most needs, in fact they're easier and much more enjoyable to use than regular cell phones because they operate far better. You may be doing yourself a great disservice by shunning them. Motorcyclists who travel long distances should especially appreciate them, they can provide you with more valuable services than anything else you may carry. You'll have no real idea how much until you own one.

There is always some resistance to new technology. People once shunned telephones, cars, radios, cameras, televisions, and of course computers. Now most of us own more than one of each. Don't put yourself at a disadvantage, if you don't yet own a smart phone at least give one a try. You won't regret it and you'll never go back to a "dumb" cell phone.

Thanks for your comment. Truth is I'm not one to shy away from technology. It's so much simpler than that....in my case. It would mean I'd have to have reading glasses with me 24/7...That, would be a pita. Seriously! That said. Your post has caused me analyze my decision to not GO smart. :thumbup:

Jeriatric
03-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Hello Mabel, can you ring up Jerbear?

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Guess what. Cord boards were still in operation when I began my career with the telephone company. Not to mention the 5 party lines on bird wire(unshielded/bare wires). I R OLD.

pro10is
03-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Thanks for your comment. Truth is I'm not one to shy away from technology. It's so much simpler than that....in my case. It would mean I'd have to have reading glasses with me 24/7...That, would be a pita. Seriously! That said. Your post has caused me analyze my decision to not GO smart. :thumbup:

It's so funny you should mention glasses. When I first got my smart phone I couldn't see the screen because I hate to carry glasses around with me. But the phone was so useful I finally gave in and started using them. It changed my life. I could see my speedometer, my GPS, I knew what I was buying when I went to the store, I could read restaurant menus, my watch, and stopped handing my son 20 dollar bills when I meant to give him a ten. Isn't technology wonderful? :)

Jeriatric
03-10-2013, 11:32 PM
It's so funny you should mention glasses. When I first got my smart phone I couldn't see the screen because I hate to carry glasses around with me. But the phone was so useful I finally gave in and started using them. It changed my life. I could see my speedometer, my GPS, I knew what I was buying when I went to the store, I could read restaurant menus, my watch, and stopped handing my son 20 dollar bills when I meant to give him a ten. Isn't technology wonderful? :)

That's funny!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: And, appropriate. Guess I need to accept that trying to avoid ONE thing is causing me to miss out on so much more. Thanks for the wake up call.