PDA

View Full Version : Benefit of hotels at the Battlefield Exit

Joanie
03-07-2013, 08:20 PM
It has taken me almost a week to take the time to sit down and write this.

Kev and I went down to Springfield for the ribbon cutting at PitBull Powersports! What an awsome event.

We took some time Friday afternoon to explore what Springfield has to offer.

At the Battlefield exit is PFI the largest western store. It was great, the staff were super courteous and they were giving out samples of Moonshine!!! Don't ask me what was in the coffee pot but it was a "glowing green" color and it was yummy!!! They are very excited about having us all there and said they were going to come up with some specials that week. So you will have to take the time and go in there.

Then on the other side of Battlefield is Price Cutter which is a chain of groceries stores in that area. But this is great. They have a Bistro, food looked and smelled wonderful, great fresh fruits and veggies section, of course normal grocery store items. But the real kicker is..... they make homemade fudge there!!! OMG!!!! I have died and gone to heaven. I had chewy praline, don't ask me what Kev had. Cost was about $10 a pound, not bad for good fudge and this was beyond good it was excellent. Plus they also have a great liquor selection. Great wine and beer selection!! They also were giving away samples of liquor!!! They had some moonshine over there too!!! OMG Apple pie. Springfield isn't that far away and they don't sell it up here!! Guess you have to be in the Ozarks for Moonshine.

PFI is on the same side of Battlefield as Best Western and America's Best Value Inn.

Price Cutter is on the Comfort Inn, Super 8 and EconoLodge side and you can actually walk, stumble, to the store from the hotel. The parking lots all run together. If you get the midnight munchies for a BigMac there is a McDonald's

Looking so forward to SpyderFest.

Can't wait to see all our old friends and I am sure make so many new ones!!!!

Both said they will do "tastings" during SpyderFest.

FaranH
03-07-2013, 08:27 PM
You left out my favorite part of the Pricecutter store...Starbucks!!! Oh yeah, and some fresh smoked BBQ in a kiosk outside! :yes:

Paula(Butch2025)
03-07-2013, 08:59 PM
...and a Stake 'n Shake :yes: just down the block to!

Joanie
03-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Sorry Faran, I don't drink coffee!!!

Yes Steak n Shake too. Right down the road is a CVS..... Everything is so great!!

Dochands
03-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Grocery store, a couple of fast food places, and a Western store. You're making me miss the real restaurants of Cuba especially the barbecue place. Lol

Joanie
03-07-2013, 09:43 PM
Grocery store, a couple of fast food places, and a Western store. You're making me miss the real restaurants of Cuba especially the barbecue place. Lol

Oh you won't miss the real restaurants!! Ozark has them, and that is where most of the stuff is. This is just the extra's of being right where 500+ Spyder owners are going to be!!!

TicketBait
03-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Definitely have to check out PFI...:2thumbs:. What does PFI stand for?

Also having a transformation with my food intake that is into fruits and vegetables with a Vitamix blender I got two weeks ago. Just might have to bring it along with me. Is there a place that serves Wheat Grass, Like Robecks or Jamba Juice?

lyonsden
03-07-2013, 10:15 PM
I had looked it over pretty close on google maps and it looks like a great location. Especially for parking lot get togethers. We are excited!:yes:

Cavman
03-08-2013, 12:58 AM
Preferred Farmers Incorporated. I looked it up at
www.pfiwestern.com

Bob Denman
03-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Is there a place that serves Wheat Grass, Like Robecks or Jamba Juice?

:shocked: Isn't that stuff supposed to go into the critters that are going to be eaten? :shocked: :roflblack: :joke:

currin20fan
03-08-2013, 08:27 AM
:shocked:They had some moonshine over there too!!! OMG Apple pie. Springfield isn't that far away and they don't sell it up here!! Guess you have to be in the Ozarks for Moonshine.

Joanie...........add some Tequila to that Apple Pie and it makes a great shot!!! (This is a whole other story) but I have special plastic glassses for this. Hmmmm........I may have to bring them to spyderfest.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

Bob Denman
03-08-2013, 08:46 AM
It's starting to sound as if the Party isn't going to end at Sundown... :shocked:

murphybrown
03-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Definitely have to check out PFI...:2thumbs:. What does PFI stand for?

Also having a transformation with my food intake that is into fruits and vegetables with a Vitamix blender I got two weeks ago. Just might have to bring it along with me. Is there a place that serves Wheat Grass, Like Robecks or Jamba Juice?

Ohhhhh I have on my so want list a VITAMIX...they are the work horse of blenders...I use the Nutri Bullet for my smoothies (I do 90% fresh smoothies)...but I have been trying to figure out how to pack and travel for 6-8 weeks with .. yea Bob I know I can buy a trailer!!!! So TicketBait if you have a where to pack blender suggestion please share...I realllly want to pack mine....:yes:

Yep Faran I was going to mention the Starbucks right close to Econolodge, where I am staying...thanks for getting the MOST IMPORTANT (for me) posted!!~

TicketBait
03-08-2013, 04:44 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by TicketBait

:shocked: Isn't that stuff supposed to go into the critters that are going to be eaten? :shocked: :roflblack: :joke:

Yep, it can make you as strong as an OX :D Ya just don't have to eat one :bbq::roflblack:

Ohhhhh I have on my so want list a VITAMIX...they are the work horse of blenders...I use the Nutri Bullet for my smoothies (I do 90% fresh smoothies)...but I have been trying to figure out how to pack and travel for 6-8 weeks with .. yea Bob I know I can buy a trailer!!!! So TicketBait if you have a where to pack blender suggestion please share...I realllly want to pack mine....:yes:

Yep Faran I was going to mention the Starbucks right close to Econolodge, where I am staying...thanks for getting the MOST IMPORTANT (for me) posted!!~

If I can convince my boss that I would get good use out of it the whole 10 days I am gone, I will pack it in my trailer (RT-622) Without the trailer I suppose you could bungy it to the back seat.:dontknow:

Bob Denman
03-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Yep, it can make you as strong as an OX :D Ya just don't have to eat one :bbq::roflblack:

Be as strong, or smell as strong?
According the the Missus; I'm already there! :2thumbs: :thumbup: :roflblack: