PDA

View Full Version : Where do TricFenderz wire in?

Robertsepolen
03-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Where do TricFenderz wire in?

SpyderAnn01
03-07-2013, 12:42 AM
I believe that they wire into the position lights on the front of the fenders

harrypottar
03-07-2013, 06:48 AM
I believe that they wire into the position lights on the front of the fenders
:agree:
Correct, they pop the lamp out on the front of the fender and wire into that. Word to the wise, took a couple of night rides to get use to them. When I first had them installed I drove at night and they where really bright in my perifiral vision. However after that first couple of rides I'm used to them and love the look. Defiantly gets you noticed.

harry

SpyderAnn01
03-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Harry is right it does take a few night rides to get used to them.

kevorama
03-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Make sure that the front fender light is warm. If you are in a cold weather climate, use a heat gun or a hair dryer to warm the fender and light lens. The tab to pop the fender light is in the front. You'll have to take your thumbs and press the lens towards the back. Once the front tab clears, the light assembly will pop out. If you are installing TricLED's fender lights, Reggy will include some Posi-Taps to wire your fender strips to the marker light on the front of your fender.

It might sound complicated, but it's relatively easy and painless. Just don't force a cold plastic part against it's will. After you follow the instructions for the Posi-Taps, reverse the process. Place the rear of the fender light in first, make sure that the fender strip connection wire is off to the right or left of the tab in the rear of the lens. If you place it in front of the tab, when you press the tip light back in, you'll sever the connection. I know, because I've done this once.

It's a scary thing when you do your first mod. I remember doing this for the first time. I was scared to death. Taking a perfectly good bike and jamming it with after market electronics is tough to do at first.
Now, drilling holes in colored panels, cutting pieces to fit the new mod, adding a second battery to keep all the farkles lit up, and cutting into perfectly good wiring to make the bike look better have become 2nd nature.

Contact me if you need help.

Kevin

Bandit
03-07-2013, 11:39 PM
:agree:
with Kevorama. Took 1hr to put on the left side!:yikes: Took about 20 min for the right side on the 2011 RT-S. Took 1/2 hr TOTAL on

the 2012.;) Practice makes perfect! Bandit:doorag:

Robertsepolen
03-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Thanks everyone! I may take this on soon. Wife wants some bling and I like improved safety profile!

Robertsepolen
03-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Thanks to all for the advice! Here is the results of your encouragement! Love this website!

Bob Denman
03-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Looking pretty sharp! :thumbup:

kevorama
03-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Well done! See, wasn't that easy once you were done? There's nothing like the feeling of completing a mod and getting it right. I've got a lot of them wrong, but they were reversible. Just remember to measure 20 times and cut the first one long and the 2nd one right, LOL.

Wiredux
03-11-2013, 09:49 PM
This is one mod I am looking at doing.

kevorama
03-11-2013, 10:19 PM

It's one of the easiest to do. A great starting point for a future of ridiculous spending, headaches, bad dreams, smashed fingers and... satisfaction guaranteed!

Robertsepolen
03-11-2013, 11:02 PM

Try it! Kevorama is right! Take it slow and it goes easy!

Robertsepolen
03-11-2013, 11:03 PM
What is even better is my wife is out of town so she's going to have a good surprise and she gets home. After all, the bling was her idea!

Bob Denman
03-12-2013, 06:58 AM
:shocked: How'd you get a Wife who digs the Bling? :bowdown:

MIne has forbidden the "Christmas Tree" look to be added to ours... :gaah:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_73.gif

Robertsepolen
03-12-2013, 12:42 PM
I gotta brag about the wife! This whole spyder thing is her idea! Started with her birthday! I was gonna get her an iPad! Boy was I wrong! But i am glad I was!