PDA

View Full Version : Swamp East Missouri New Spyder

jthornton
03-06-2013, 07:20 PM
I just picked up my 2012 RT-S SE5 the day after the snow/sleet/hail storm a couple of weeks ago...

Just thought I'd say hi.

John

BikerDoc
03-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Hi to you as well. I grew up in Troy, Missouri, but I must say I like the Spyder Ryding weather here in Florida a lot better

jthornton
03-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Thanks, I grew up in New Orleans, Anchorage and a few other places and kinda like the middle. Roads are plenty curvy here too...

John

Netminder
03-06-2013, 07:36 PM
:congrats: Enjoy the ride!

Chupaca
03-06-2013, 07:47 PM
:congrats: Welcome to the wonderful world of road hugging on a spyder and wild and wacky people on them.. :2thumbs:

SpyderAnn01
03-06-2013, 09:11 PM
:welcome:

Cuban Spyder
03-07-2013, 05:16 AM
:congrats:on the new:spyder2:. Hope to see you ryding soon. Maybe Spyderfest?:ohyea:

CSW61
03-07-2013, 06:27 AM
:thumbup: Welcome aboard :ohyea: I was born and raised in Sikeston, still own a house at Lake Wappapello, and live in Perryville. :trike: My wife has a 2010 RT and I have a 2008 GW Trike. :congrats:

GloryRyders
03-07-2013, 06:36 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:...............hope you plan on comming to Spyderfest and meet the rest of the gang! If you need any info or help, give me a yell!:helpsmilie::2thumbs:

tamijacobs1963
03-10-2013, 10:23 AM
I was a 2 wheel rider for years, big change up to three. One thing I did note was the feeling of drifting when you go around curves, it's feels just like a four wheeler when you turn, so I learned not to fight the curve, and just trust the bike. My husband still can't get used to it so he won't ride it, ;) which is fine with me, I don't have to share my bike! LOL. But all that said the need to fight that feeling of drifting is what makes new drivers sway all over the place in the back. The passenger feels like you are going to throw them off and worse gets really "sea sick".

I just picked up my 2012 RT-S SE5 the day after the snow/sleet/hail storm a couple of weeks ago...

Just thought I'd say hi.

John

jthornton
03-10-2013, 12:02 PM
:thumbup: Welcome aboard :ohyea: I was born and raised in Sikeston, still own a house at Lake Wappapello, and live in Perryville. :trike: My wife has a 2010 RT and I have a 2008 GW Trike. :congrats:

Thanks, I have a 2009 GW and hope some day the wife takes interest in driving the RT some.

We always stop at Stonies when we are anywhere near Perryville and usually take 51 back to the lake to get home.

We got close to you yesterday and ended up at Jers in Marble Hill for a late lunch... kinda windy.

Thanks
John

jthornton
03-10-2013, 12:07 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:...............hope you plan on comming to Spyderfest and meet the rest of the gang! If you need any info or help, give me a yell!:helpsmilie::2thumbs:

We will arrive Wednesday some time and depart Friday in time to make back to the ranch by dark thirty. We may be on the GW as the wife didn't care much for her first ride on the Spyder :( but I'm working on that. I have a BajaRon's sway bar on the way and have tweaked the tire pressure, next is the test different shock spring settings.

Thanks
John

jthornton
03-10-2013, 12:17 PM
I was a 2 wheel rider for years, big change up to three. One thing I did note was the feeling of drifting when you go around curves, it's feels just like a four wheeler when you turn, so I learned not to fight the curve, and just trust the bike. My husband still can't get used to it so he won't ride it, ;) which is fine with me, I don't have to share my bike! LOL. But all that said the need to fight that feeling of drifting is what makes new drivers sway all over the place in the back. The passenger feels like you are going to throw them off and worse gets really "sea sick".

Even though I had some time on my buddies Spyder everything that could go wrong did with my first ride with my wife on the back. The front tire pressure was low, the shock springs were set on 3, it was a bit windy, I got behind an 18 wheeler van on the way to town to fill up... and so her first ride was a rocky one. I've put enough time on the Spyder now to know what to expect, I just need to get her back in the saddle for a new ride.

Thanks
John

GloryRyders
03-10-2013, 06:40 PM
We will arrive Wednesday some time and depart Friday in time to make back to the ranch by dark thirty. We may be on the GW as the wife didn't care much for her first ride on the Spyder :( but I'm working on that. I have a BajaRon's sway bar on the way and have tweaked the tire pressure, next is the test different shock spring settings.

Thanks
John

Just practice, practice, practice...............you'll get the hang of it! Do your best to bring the :spyder: to Spyderfest. You never know what you will find in "farkles" to add and most of the vendors will be doing installs.