PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Problem.

l0ckman
03-05-2013, 01:13 PM
OK I finally took my 2010 SM5 RT (10,000 miles) in to have the Clutch fixed (slipping). It went from $700.00 to $900.00 price and BRP said the parts the dealer ordered are not right and that they need this (package of parts) with this one part #. This sounds like to me that BRP was ready for this and has had "ISSUES" in the past with the clutch. Something smells north of the boarder. Any feed back would be welcomed.

Michael

Chupaca
03-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Sometimes upgrades through new technology are made and applied to all models even with no problems. Sometimes dealers make mistakes and cover their tracks. Hard to say. You could ask brp directly if you have doubts with your dealer. Good luck.!! :thumbup:

l0ckman
03-05-2013, 02:13 PM
No it is not the dealer, they are up front and asking all the right questions. They have not tore down the clutch to look at it yet. But they are taking my word as to my riding experience and are wondering what could be the problem. Other than the time I am ok with the dealer. I think the time has been with BRP. I just thought if there was some problems with the clutch, some more members would pipe in, but maybe it is me?

Michael

Lamonster
03-05-2013, 02:18 PM
There have been very few reports of clutch problems with the 2010 SM5 RT's. There were some issues with the SE that were resolved.

boborgera
03-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Just throwing this out, Are you sure it's the clutch and not the front sprocket slipping on the shaft':dontknow:
I had that happen to me and my first thought was that the clutch was slipping, No such luck with mine.:mad:

l0ckman
03-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Lamonster:

Does not mean I did not get a Monday clutch:)

Michael

l0ckman
03-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Just throwing this out, Are you sure it's the clutch and not the front sprocket slipping on the shaft':dontknow:
I had that happen to me and my first thought was that the clutch was slipping, No such luck with mine.:mad:

Thanks, will let the dealer know about it so they can check It out.

Michael