PDA

View Full Version : new tires and rims

fjcady
03-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Does anyone know if the new tires 2013 aND RIMS WILL FIT ON A 2008 RS they really look cool :yes::clap:

Bob Denman
03-05-2013, 09:03 AM
They'll fit! :thumbup:
And if you really want to dress up your bike, that'll give you room for the larger Brembo front brakes too! ;)
And the 2013 fenders will also bolt up...
Voila! New bike! :clap:

ARtraveler
03-05-2013, 02:44 PM
That would indeed be a nice upgrade for the 2008--if the pricing does not scare you away from the idea.

Chupaca
03-05-2013, 02:51 PM
And if you really want to dress up your bike, that'll give you room for the larger Brembo front brakes too! ;)

:agree: but as you said the price is the deal changer.. :dontknow:

mellowcmb
03-05-2013, 05:53 PM

I've been searching for the answer to this for awhile. I was told today by the parts department at Elk Grove Motorsports, who called BRP, and told me that the fenders will fit but the new 15" wheels will not fit for the older model RS/RS-S. Has anyone had the the chance to take the old wheels off and try the new ones. I just want to really get a for sure answer before dropping the money in getting the fenders and wheels. Thanks for your input.

Carl

Bob Denman
03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
That's interesting...
They've gone to 15" wheels across the board; even for the bikes that still use the original, old-style fenders. :dontknow:
And with no change in the rear wheel or tire size; it'd screw with Nanny's mind if the new fronts weren't pretty darn near the exact same size as the original 14" setup.

mellowcmb
03-05-2013, 08:36 PM
That's interesting...
They've gone to 15" wheels across the board; even for the bikes that still use the original, old-style fenders. :dontknow:
And with no change in the rear wheel or tire size; it'd screw with Nanny's mind if the new fronts weren't pretty darn near the exact same size as the original 14" setup.

I was thinking the same thing. Apparently though, the wheels will not fit the older models. I think what we need is for someone to persuade a dealership to remove the wheels from an old model and put the new wheels and test it to see if it really fits. Anyone out there good friends with a dealership that would do the favor for them? I really would like to know. I'm eager to get the new set up if it really works:thumbup:

NancysToy
03-05-2013, 10:28 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Apparently though, the wheels will not fit the older models. I think what we need is for someone to persuade a dealership to remove the wheels from an old model and put the new wheels and test it to see if it really fits. Anyone out there good friends with a dealership that would do the favor for them? I really would like to know. I'm eager to get the new set up if it really works:thumbup:

That's the answer. It may even be worth it to pay a dealer to try it. It could be a matter of caliper interference. The new wheel could have less horizontal clearance (thicker spokes or less offset), and the earlier calipers could be fatter with the Brembos thinner but taller.

mellowcmb
03-06-2013, 03:49 AM
That's the answer. It may even be worth it to pay a dealer to try it. It couldy be a matter of caliper interference. The new wheel could have less horizontal clearance (thicker spokes or less offset), and the earlier calipers could be fatter with the Brembos thinner but taller.

You might be right. New wheels may not clear our old caliper setup. Anyone else out there heard of anything regarding the new wheels? Maybe the guys at Pittbull can lend us a hand;)

Bob Denman
03-06-2013, 07:49 AM
I might know of a ryder who's close enough to his dealer to check this out...
PMs will be sent! :thumbup:

mellowcmb
03-06-2013, 10:54 AM
I might know of a ryder who's close enough to his dealer to check this out...
PMs will be sent! :thumbup:

Oh nice!! Please keep me informed on this. I just want to be sure it works before pulling the trigger on the purchase. Keeping my fingers crossed:pray:

DR Buck
03-06-2013, 11:10 AM
That's interesting...

My guess is Nanny has a new brain for the 2013 models that addresses the wheel size change.

rnet
03-16-2013, 02:51 AM
15" tire is a lower profile and about the same circumference as the 14" tire. No brain transplant needed.

mcaccamise
03-16-2013, 03:05 AM
Stick with the 14" wheels and change the fenders to most who look at the wheels with the new fenders it may not be that noticable overall tire diameter is the same the side wall is narrower.

fjcady
03-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Does anyone have pictures? i would love to see it:clap::yes: I want to do mine also

Bob Denman
03-16-2013, 05:06 PM

SPYDERGUY1
03-16-2013, 07:44 PM
BOB, do you really have more POST"S than MILES ??????????? We want to know ???:shocked:

Bob Denman
03-17-2013, 12:03 AM
:opps: Yup... :opps:

Bob Denman
03-17-2013, 08:29 AM
;)But in my defense...
The first riding season was cut short by foot surgery... :shocked:
The second one was cut short by a pretty huge accident... :yikes:

And I've also put a fair amount of posts up in here... ;)