PDA

View Full Version : Magog,CA Spyderfest 2013 any details yet?

harrypottar
03-05-2013, 06:51 AM
Been googling but can not find any details on the Canadian Spyderfest in Magog. It was in July last year and I had a great time, looking to go again this year.

Anyone seen or heard of the dates and details yet?

harry:popcorn:

Arr MiHardies
03-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Is that a BRP hosted event? If so they probably wont announce it until 3 months before the event.

otter28169
03-05-2013, 12:26 PM
Do you need a passport to get into Canada, or can you still use the enhanced license?

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Do you need a passport to get into Canada, or can you still use the enhanced license?

Enhanced still works ......Mike:thumbup:

DocRags
03-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Is that a BRP hosted event? If so they probably wont announce it until 3 months before the event.I think it's actually hosted by the Spyder Club of Quebec (not quite sure if that's the official name), rather than BRP. I'll look in my old papers from two years ago to see if I can find an email address. There are some beautiful rides up there...lovely countryside but pretty bumpy roads.

PrairieSpyder
03-05-2013, 01:40 PM

It's been so long since I've been out of the country that my passport has expired. But I thought you needed a passport to get back into the States from Canada now. Is that not so?

What is an "enhanced driver's license?"

harrypottar
03-05-2013, 01:44 PM
What is an "enhanced driver's license?"

Its basically the same as a normal driven license but enhanced

:roflblack: couldn't resist myself

U.S. Border Crossing Requirements Have Changed – Make sure you are compliant today!
Enhanced Driver's License – This is a driver’s license that can also be used as a cross-border travel document to enter the U.S. by land and sea. It denotes both identity and citizenship, per the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative.

http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/gpx/EDL_map_small.gif (http://www.getyouhome.gov/html/EDL_map.html)

The following states are issuing this type of WHTI-compliant document: Michigan, New York, Vermont and Washington.

harry

ARtraveler
03-05-2013, 01:47 PM
I believe that a US Passport is required when going into Canada these days. They were required when we made the trip to Whitehorse in summer of 2010.

PrairieSpyder
03-05-2013, 01:56 PM
I believe that a US Passport is required when going into Canada these days. They were required when we made the trip to Whitehorse in summer of 2010.

According to Harry's info, Alaskans and Kansans can't get "enhanced" licenses. Darn. Guess I'll have to round up all my old passports, birth certificate, etc., and get a new passport. At least they're good for 10 years now.

Netminder
04-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Read this on another forum, not sure if it is official, but the dates sound right.

For those of us in New England, NJ and NY Spyderfest 2013 in MO is a long long ride, but for those that want to attend a Spyderfest closer to home we have Magog Quebec.
Magog is just 20 miles north of the Vermont border, from where I am in Connecticut it's a six hour ride using Interstate 91 north.
The dates are July 12, 13, 14 - 2013.
This event is very entertaining, not to far from the BRP factory, if you attend
you will be exposed to a French hospitality, most speak English, the area has beautiful scenery , great riding roads.
I already have my hotel reservations, hoping to see more from the North East attend.

oldgoat
04-07-2013, 07:05 PM
I live in Quebec & have an "enhanced driver's licence". I can enter the US by road with it & without my passport, but not by air. A passport is needed for air.

It has to be the same for you guys.