PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Frunk Hood..

carajony
03-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Hello all.. Didnt see a section on the forums for wanted.. only for sale.. hope Im not posting in the wrong place. I have a 2012 Blue RTS. I am looking to get a frunk hood. It does not matter the color. Condition not that important also as long as it is not cracked down the middle or missing a piece or something. Im having a friend airbrush something on it so it will be completely covered. Want to mail him that one so I dont have to paint mine. Maybe soemeone has one or knows someone who has one. As long as it fits my 2012 RTS. Thank you in advance.

Wiredux
03-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Hello all.. Didnt see a section on the forums for wanted.. only for sale.. hope Im not posting in the wrong place. I have a 2012 Blue RTS. I am looking to get a frunk hood. It does not matter the color. Condition not that important also as long as it is not cracked down the middle or missing a piece or something. Im having a friend airbrush something on it so it will be completely covered. Want to mail him that one so I dont have to paint mine. Maybe soemeone has one or knows someone who has one. As long as it fits my 2012 RTS. Thank you in advance.

I have seen a few on ebay

Spyder Wraps Pete
03-04-2013, 03:06 PM
If your old one is not super bad why not just wrap it with a custom design? This covers all imperfections so base color does not show.
Is this an option? It would be less $ than purchasing a new frunk.. Just a thought..

See Frunk wrap example here (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1959)

pete@powersportswraps.com
814-838-6377

carajony
03-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Mine is brand new... I wanted to buy an extra used one to send to a friend so he can airbrush something I wanted done. Have 2. One that I have on now that came with the RT to ride around for daily use and one to put on when I wanted to show off kinda...lol... Ive seen a couple on ebay but they were 2010.. Saw another one 2011... Dont know if they fit... Figured post on here maybe someone might have an extra one that they might want to sell...

Bob Denman
03-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Is the color important? Could he simply color-match whatever you give him to work with to your bike? :dontknow:
The blue that was used in 2012 was a new color for the RT...

wyliec
03-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Hello all.. Didnt see a section on the forums for wanted.. only for sale..

That 'For Sale' forum is also WTB (want to buy).

carajony
03-04-2013, 03:42 PM
I dont want to touch mine. I want to leave as is.. The color does not matter because I am having a mural airbrushed on it. The only way anyone will know it is a different color is when i open it and they see the inside.. I just want an extra one so I can send to my friend to paint... Thanx

Bob Denman
03-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Wylie's right (As usual!)
You can always throw an inquiry in that forum for anything that you need as well...
In the meantime; it's time to start looking for an RT frunklid; color unimportant! :thumbup:

BINGO!
I hope that this helps!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAN-AM-SPYDER-RT-FRONT-HOOD-TRUNK-LID-COVER-OEM-/300869043645?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460d3145bd&vxp=mtr

carajony
03-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Sorry,,, didnt know what WTB was... Now i know.... and knowing is half the battle... GI Joe...lol... Thanx...