PDA

View Full Version : New 2013 RT owner and not happy at all.

rabtech
03-04-2013, 01:16 PM
I bought my 2013 RT Limited last week and it has been 30 degrees since i arrived home with it. Sunday it actually hit 40 so I decided to ride it. I went from Haleyville AL to Decatur AL which is thru the Bankhead National Forest. Ride has twisty roads and also has some 4 lane straight riding. The first thing I noticed was how bad it darted all over the road. It was almost impossible to keep in my lane. I let the air in the back shock up and down and nothing changed. I even tried the windshield at different positions thinking that the wind might be pushing it a little.

Here is a story that relates:

I remember when I was younger having a LT500R Suzuki Quadracer. We raced every weekend at some local track and had a great time. One day I had the bright idea that i would align the front end (dont know why). I grabbed a tape measure and made the front distance on the tires the same as the back and thought "this would be awesome". Needless to say this was one of the worst things I have ever done. It darted everywhere. Couldnt keep it on any stright path.

The Spyder has exactly the same problem. If you get over 45 you cant hold it in a straight line. If you even "pinky touch" the handlebar it darts immediately to that side. And if you are in a turn it starts into the turn and a few feet into the turn it "super" turns. You can't hold a turn at all without correcting it several time in the turn.

I called my dealer Big Number 1 and spoke to Jarod in service and explained it. He said they had ball joints ordered for a service campaign and a special tool. He hoped they would be in sometime this week. I have to carry it now 100 miles to the dealer and HOPE that this fixes the problem. I cant see where ball joints would fix this issue. Maybe alignment and ball joints.

Also It is going to take a day of my time and the cost of pulling it back to Birmingham. And maybe even going back to pick up if it cant be fixed in a day. What do you guys think I should do. I would think they should come pick it up and bring it back. I am so mad at this point that I may be rambling. I need some input from others so I can deal with this in the most efficient manner.

A day of my time is unacceptable. I work as an IT consultant and bill hourly. And the expenditure of pulling a 20 foot enclosed trailer with a Ford Raptor truck is some serious fuel .

NancysToy
03-04-2013, 01:30 PM
First, make sure your dealer changed the ball joints if it is one of the affected machines. This "recall" affected most of the early production and your dealer should have been aware of it.

Second, it may need an alignment. Too little toe-in can cause severe darting. Make sure the dealer uses the procedure, spec, and tools for the 2013. Those are different from those needed for earlier Spyders.

Finally, you will need to get used to the way a Spyder handles. It steers instead of countersteers, and it is very sensitive. Holding the bars too tightly and trying to hard has bitten us all when we first tried to ride one. Hold the bars very lightly, and try not to correct too much or overcorrect.

Chupaca
03-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Really sorry for your unfortunate experience with your new bike. Strange that the dealer released the bike before making the changes needed to correct the problem. Its been some time now that they have been working on it. I would take a deep breath and try to calm down. Once the parts are replaced you will have one of the best reverse trikes of its kind. The weather will be better and things will be right again. No consolation that your not alone but you all will get past this and look back on it :cus: with a smile on your face as you ryde on..:ohyea:

MouthPiece
03-04-2013, 01:41 PM
First, make sure your dealer changed the ball joints if it is one of the affected machines. This "recall" affected most of the early production and your dealer should have been aware of it.

Second, it may need an alignment. Too little toe-in can cause severe darting. Make sure the dealer uses the procedure, spec, and tools for the 2013. Those are different from those needed for earlier Spyders.

Finally, you will need to get used to the way a Spyder handles. It steers instead of countersteers, and it is very sensitive. Holding the bars too tightly and trying to hard has bitten us all when we first tried to ride one. Hold the bars very lightly, and try not to correct too much or overcorrect.

I will echo everything that Scotty said above. In addition, I have a 2013 RT-S and experienced (perhaps to a lesser degree) all the symptoms that you have described. I had the "ball joint replacement" last week and have put just about 400 miles on my spyder since.

In my case it was the answer. I can now go down the interstate at speeds ranging from 60 to 85 MPH, put on my cruise control, lift both my hands from the handlebars, and my spyder keeps a straight course. Admittedly, we've had some really windy days down here, and there are times which these winds will buffet my spyder. However, I know of what you are saying about your spyder, have experienced the same and can honestly say to you that the "ball joint fix" is the ticket. I have no earthly idea why it is, but it is.

Hope this helps and you will soon be enjoying your spyder.

Chris

ARtraveler
03-04-2013, 03:57 PM
So far (as of 3/4/13), there have been two 2013 owners that have posted success with the ball joint replacement fix.

I am surprised the dealer delivered the STS to you last week and made no mention of what was going on. Maybe you can get them to take care of the tow back to the dealer--just thinking out loud here.

Nancy's Toy also has valid information about the over control issue that most new to the :ani29: have encountered.

The darting you mentioned, IMO, sounds like the symptoms mentioned with the ball joint/alignment issue though.

Please keep us posted.

docdoru
03-04-2013, 04:13 PM
BRP should trailer your 1 week old Spyder to/from the shop and fix-it. Period. :doorag:

harddrive
03-04-2013, 04:31 PM
As others have posted, take it back to the dealer and make sure the ball joints were replaced. There have been several Spyder owners that went from enjoying their spyder to the 2013 wondering spyder.

bhfromme
03-04-2013, 05:01 PM
I have a 2011 RT and had some warranty issues early on. Easy for me to say I know but keep the faith man. When the bugs are worked out you'll love the ryde. There is no machine on the road that compares.

If your dealer doesn't get it right try Barney's or Jacksonville Powersports. Your experience will be only as good as your dealer's knowledge and attitude. Good luck.

Sting
03-04-2013, 05:08 PM
:agree:
Great post above. I am sorry you are having problems early on. Our toys for boys always seem to have an issue here or there but once we work the bugs out we love em. Hope it works out for you.

Bob Denman
03-04-2013, 06:21 PM
I hope that you know that I'm not trying to be too awful nasty with this; but did you post just so that you could unload, or are you looking for some actual advice? :dontknow:
But welcome anyway, and please let us know what you think of your new RT after the dealer gets the front end made right! :thumbup:

rabtech
03-04-2013, 08:44 PM
I think I was looking for both , advice and info. I have never had any issues "out of the box" with any of my other bikes. I also think that the thought of someone having to wrench on a new bike "out of the box" is a bit wrong. Im sorry my first post was negative. I promise to all of the board members I am not a pessimist by default. I have several bike and am member of their respective online forums. I try to contribute to each one. LAMONSTER probably remembers me from the VTXOA forum. I keep the same forum name RABTECH on each board.

I wanted to ride it this coming weekend and my wife "which was against the purchase" has been less than "mood" helpful. I am loading it up tonight and will deliver it to the dealer tomorrow. It seems they would overnight the proper tools to the dealer. However I was informed it was sent out via regular UPS.

Anyway , I guess I can ride my Diavel this weekend . 63337

rabtech
03-04-2013, 08:52 PM
LAMONSTER , do you remember this one.....6333963340633416334263343

rabtech
03-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Or this one.....63345

SpyderDen
03-04-2013, 09:07 PM

Scotty correct me if I am wrong, but I think the OP stated that parts were on order, not installed. I agree, the dealer should have never delivered that unit without inspecting it for the handling problems. Sounds like most of us on SL knew of the solution before this dealership did. :(

IntoTheWind
03-04-2013, 09:37 PM
The dealership needs to step up and take the lead hear, if this is dangerous for you to ride then it never received a final checkup before delivery. I've heard several complain about this happening (Steering issue) to the new 2013 models they now own. BRP needs to stop what they’re doing and make this right to all the Spyders affected. The dealers should also give every new owner a mini riding course on how to handle (the ins and outs) and what to expect when riding their new Spyder. I hope you’re able to resolve the issues so you can enjoy your new Spyder.

NancysToy
03-04-2013, 09:44 PM
The dealership needs to step up and take the lead hear, if this is dangerous for you to ride then it never received a final checkup before delivery. I've heard several complain about this happening (Steering issue) to the new 2013 models they now own. BRP needs to stop what they’re doing and make this right to all the Spyders affected. The dealers should also give every new owner a mini riding course on how to handle (the ins and outs) and what to expect when riding their new Spyder. I hope you’re able to resolve the issues so you can enjoy your new Spyder.

BRP has taken the steps to make this right! They notified the dealers, did a no-holds-barred investigation into the problems, found a cure, then issued a service bulletin to follow up on the previous notification and revised alignment procedure. They even issued a "stop-sales" order until the affected machines could be repaired...regardless of whether or not they had symptoms. Unfortunately, it appears that a number of dealers have dropped the ball, failing to keep up on their Internet notifications or their mail from BRP. This is an unpleasant issue, but it did not have to have been made worse by some mediocre dealers. JMHO

kubie
03-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Scotty correct me if I am wrong, but I think the OP stated that parts were on order, not installed. I agree, the dealer should have never delivered that unit without inspecting it for the handling problems. Sounds like most of us on SL knew of the solution before this dealership did. :(

I bought my 2013 RT Limited last week and it has been 30 degrees since i arrived home with it. Sunday it actually hit 40 so I decided to ride it. I went from Haleyville AL to Decatur AL which is thru the Bankhead National Forest. Ride has twisty roads and also has some 4 lane straight riding. The first thing I noticed was how bad it darted all over the road. It was almost impossible to keep in my lane. I let the air in the back shock up and down and nothing changed. I even tried the windshield at different positions thinking that the wind might be pushing it a little.

Here is a story that relates:

I remember when I was younger having a LT500R Suzuki Quadracer. We raced every weekend at some local track and had a great time. One day I had the bright idea that i would align the front end (dont know why). I grabbed a tape measure and made the front distance on the tires the same as the back and thought "this would be awesome". Needless to say this was one of the worst things I have ever done. It darted everywhere. Couldnt keep it on any stright path.

The Spyder has exactly the same problem. If you get over 45 you cant hold it in a straight line. If you even "pinky touch" the handlebar it darts immediately to that side. And if you are in a turn it starts into the turn and a few feet into the turn it "super" turns. You can't hold a turn at all without correcting it several time in the turn.

I called my dealer Big Number 1 and spoke to Jarod in service and explained it. He said they had ball joints ordered for a service campaign and a special tool. He hoped they would be in sometime this week. I have to carry it now 100 miles to the dealer and HOPE that this fixes the problem. I cant see where ball joints would fix this issue. Maybe alignment and ball joints.

Also It is going to take a day of my time and the cost of pulling it back to Birmingham. And maybe even going back to pick up if it cant be fixed in a day. What do you guys think I should do. I would think they should come pick it up and bring it back. I am so mad at this point that I may be rambling. I need some input from others so I can deal with this in the most efficient manner.

A day of my time is unacceptable. I work as an IT consultant and bill hourly. And the expenditure of pulling a 20 foot enclosed trailer with a Ford Raptor truck is some serious fuel .

I went through the same thing with my STS and I would recommend to you to get the 2013 alignment done, and the ball joints replaced!!!!! If you have to go that far. Do them both, and be safe. If you just do the Ball joints and don’t do the 2013 Alignment, I think you may be sorry! I had all the same problems and had the 2013 alignment done and it fixed most of the darting/wandering issues and it is now back in the shop getting the ball joints Replaced. Not sure if that will fix it 100% but I fill confident it will, after reading all the other posts! Hope this helps Sir, and sorry you are having these troubles!

:doorag:
Kubie

StriperKing
03-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Not the same year but I have a 2010 RT-S that I bought with 3400 miles on it so not sure what may or may not have been done to it but I was never happy with the handling and it wore the inside of the front tires bald in 8000 miles. Obviously I knew something was wrong but didn`t want to have it down till winter. Took it to Cowtown for an alignment and to have new tires installed. All I can say is it was a mistake to wait that long. It runs straight as an arrow and 12,000 miles later my front tires are still perfect. Hang in there, when they do get it right you will be very happy. Just my personal openion but car tires are the way to go also. I can tell by the pics you posted we have a lot in common and you are going to want every ounce of performance and handling you can get your hands on. Have fun doing it! :thumbup: I miss my sportbikes but not going back.

Farmbanker
03-04-2013, 09:54 PM
IMHO this is a dealer issue. BRP has put out the fix and they should have made sure this machine was right before delivery. When I had my issues the dealer bent over backwards to pick the bike and up deliver it back to me. That is what a great dealer does. "Service after the sale." Might not hurt to remind your dealer of the importance. I'd be a little ticked if my dealer didn't do the pickup and delivery. Good luck and please let us know how you make out.

bhfromme
03-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Wow you guys are amazing. Way too much information for my non-mechanical brain to handle but I like reading it nonetheless. All I can say is I'm glad I have a good mechanic and and a dealer that is top shelf. Yes that's you Colin and Jacksonville Powersports! Hats off to you.

Bill Howard

kentuckyguy
03-04-2013, 10:55 PM
My 2011 RT was doing the same thing.. I know that mine is a different year then yours but everyone kept telling me to get the Elka shocks.. Well after 1 year of fighting that beast I broke down an bought them.. WOW was I please.. Never would I have thought that the shocks would have made that kind of difference... Good luck with it...

bhfromme
03-04-2013, 11:10 PM
My 2011 RT was doing the same thing.. I know that mine is a different year then yours but everyone kept telling me to get the Elka shocks.. Well after 1 year of fighting that beast I broke down an bought them.. WOW was I please.. Never would I have thought that the shocks would have made that kind of difference... Good luck with it...

Kentuckyguy,
My bike is the same as yours and maybe I'm missing something but what do you mean by fighting that beast? My 2011 RT is smooth as a kitten and it's all stock. What am I missing?

Bill

Bob Denman
03-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Rabtech,
You've sure got some SWEET rides! :thumbup:
And please; I didn't want to come off heavy-nanded... :shocked: I think I just wasn't seeing what I thought should be there, and got bothered...
BRP has been working diligently to find the source of this issue.
I was contacted by one of their Reps; she asked me to find the threads concerning it in here, so I sent her links to all of them.
(She probably figured that I'm in here more than I should be; I might as well be useful! :D)
This problem stemmed from a supplier of some of the front suspension components...
Finding a bad part on what is pretty much a good bike isn't as easy as looking for the oil stain under the engine. :shocked:
It's not as if all of the bal-joints were bad either; just some of them! :gaah:
Now try to figure out where they went, and which bikes got them.
BRP is shipping out the new parts as quickly as possible, and the dealers will be jumping; trying to get the bikes made right.
I realize that being patient stinks; it was never anything that I was good at... :sour:
But if you can just give them some room to operate; I know that you'll love the bike! :clap:
And again; I apologize for jumping too hard, too quickly! :opps:

dave01
03-05-2013, 08:17 AM
Glad to see BRP is working hard on this issue. What I wonder is...With a stop sales order, why are units still going out of the dealers doors?
They did good in replacing the DPS units in the past so I am sure this will all get resloved, but it seems to be leaving an unpleasent feeling in SOME newer owners with thier 2013 units. Just my 01.5 cents, after sequester

Bob Denman
03-05-2013, 09:11 AM
...which is actually worth how much in Chinese currency? :shocked: :roflblack: :joke:

boborgera
03-05-2013, 09:24 AM
...With a stop sales order, why are units still going out of the dealers doors?

$$Dollars$$
Some dealers don't want to lose a sale, There's never enough time to do the job right , But there's always enough time to do it over.!

Lamonster
03-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Or this one.....63345

We seem to have to same taste in rides. :doorag: I understand your frustration and I can only reassure you that BRP is just as unhappy about this as you are, more so I would say. They have a fix and it's not near of a big deal as the DPS problems we had when the Spyder first came out and they took care of it. That took a lot longer to figure out so if there's any bright side to this you can be happy they do have a fix now.

BajaRon
03-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Sounds to me like the original issue was bad ball joints from their supplier. All of the prototype Spyders had rave reviews on handling. Unfortunately, when you go into production and you're getting train loads of the same part it can be problematic if the supplier does not hold the line on quality control.

I know that it is still BRP's responsibility for sending out product that isn't up to standard. But I do feel for BRP on this one. I'm sure that ball joint supplier has had a phone call or two from BRP.

To BRP's credit they stepped up to the plate big time and have done everything possible (short of taking over each individual dealership) to get this fixed. The breakdown here is the dealership that was more interested in getting a sale out the door than following BRP's instructions or caring about the customer's experience.

IMHO the dealership messed up big time. I don't see why the added expense and inconvenience should fall on the customer's shoulders. He's already losing the use of a brand new, supposed to be perfect product. The dealership should take care of pick-up and delivery. It's a shame that this does not appear to be the case.

Short term this is a big negative for all concerned. Long term, if the OP hangs in there, it should be sunny skies and smooth sailing with a happy ending. I'm hoping it goes this way. When a Spyder is right it's one of the best rides on the planet.

MouthPiece
03-05-2013, 02:43 PM
First, I'm very lucky in that I live just about 10 minutes walking distance from my dealer. I don't have the distance problem that many have.

With respect to the ball joint. The tech showed me the two ball joints that were on my spyder when I first bought it. One of the ball joints would move freely and with very little, if any, resistance. The other ball joint did not. When you went to try and move it back and forth, there was much more resistance even to the point that you felt a "click" or a stubborn rub. There was a marked difference between the two.

All I can say is that since I've had mine changed out, my spyder is performing top notch.

Chris

spyderpoop
03-05-2013, 03:12 PM
sorry your finding out like myself all BRP is concerned is the sale first and service or lack of service is their last concern after all why did the dealership release the bike with out it serviced for the steering problem they knew about it but they should come get it and fix it but like mine they wont all my dealership says is bring it in and leave it a week to get looked at Good Luck but your on your own I,am affraid to get it back to the dealership but hope it gets fixed before the warmer weather arrives Rich

ARtraveler
03-05-2013, 03:23 PM
sorry your finding out like myself all BRP is concerned is the sale first and service or lack of service is their last concern after all why did the dealership release the bike with out it serviced for the steering problem they knew about it but they should come get it and fix it but like mine they wont all my dealership says is bring it in and leave it a week to get looked at Good Luck but your on your own I,am affraid to get it back to the dealership but hope it gets fixed before the warmer weather arrives Rich

Welcome Back: It appears you still have not had your problems solved. Have you tried another dealer, or talking directly with customer service? Can't help noticing the same theme in all your postings.

spyderpoop
03-05-2013, 03:33 PM
thanks for your kind way of asking I,am gonna take it to another dealership as soon as it warms up some more and I get the a day off being a trucker I,am not home all the time so Thanks again for asking Rich

BajaRon
03-05-2013, 04:14 PM

BRP is the manufacturer, not the dealership. Dealerships are independently owned. While BRP does share some responsibility for allowing a dealership to represent them. It isn't necessarily fair to lump them together. BRP did everything they could to rectify this problem once they discovered there was a problem and what the fix was. But some units were already at or had been shipped to the dealership.

BRP told dealerships not to release these problem Spyders until the ball joints were replaced. Some dealerships honored this and others did not. You can't blame BRP for a dealership not doing what they should have done.

twain
03-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Maybe BRP should look at these dealers who are not representing their best interest or rider safety and pull their products out of the dealerships. This makes for bad business and could be considered a direct reflection of BRP's own priorities.

rabtech
03-05-2013, 06:07 PM
I dropped my spyder off today at Big Number 1.

The service writer noticed that the handlebars have at least 1/2 inch play in them and you can visually see the tow of the wheels out.

They took pictures of the underside where the plate underneath had scraped the road when I was coming back from Decatur.

And they wrote up the vibration at that is coming from the rear of the bike at road speeds.

They said the special tool would be there on Thursday and they would get it back to me on Friday.

Im not sure what all they will do but we shall soon see. I am being optimistic and hope it all works out. I am not sure how they will stiffen up the front shocks. That will have to be done I'm sure.

OK here are the pictures of the front end. I had to load it this morning at 4AM. My phone was trying to fog up. But I think you can see the problem and believe everybody can see how bad it is. I didnt touch the handlebar between pictures and I took all three at the same height and I made sure I gave everyone a shot of the center. Do yall think this should have left the dealer?

rabtech
03-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Also wanted to say thanks to all the member that have showed interest in this. I am a 1 post newbie here and I am more impressed in how people have not flamed me for coming on here and starting off with a complaint. I hope to be on the board for a while and contribute to it in the future. I just had a lot of issues with the vibration and the steering slack and the alignment and the ball joints. All that gave me a really bad taste.

I do all my own wrenching and have installed a supercharger on my Rocket 3 Triumph and turbo kit on my Hayabusa and have rebuilt R1 engines in half a day at my shop. I have installed trike kits and built custom air shifters for diabetic people that can't feel their feet. I have even fashioned and CNC cut my own brackets to mount Harley forward controls on a Honda VTX 1800. I also do all my own paint and power coating.

I guess I want people to know that I am my own mechanic and leaving stuff up to the dealer to repair is not easy. I am sure there is someone reading that can relate. But I guess sometime you have let them do what they do. Ill try to upload pictures of my bikes and some of the work that I have done on them. I think they have a photo gallery here. If they do ill edit this post and put a link in it.

Bob Denman
03-05-2013, 06:44 PM
From what I can see, (Lousy eyeballs from Diabetes...), even a blind mechanic should have been able to see that something wasn't quite right up front... :shocked:
I think that Ron said it best: the Spyder is made by BRP; the dealers are independent franchise operations... It's just an unfortunate fact that they can't control what the dealers do; that's actually our jobs as consumers when we walk out and go elsewhere. :thumbup:

weapon
03-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Except for the toe issue, that first photo is cool.:thumbup:
I'm sure you will get a result. Sometimes I think it is easier to just fix it yourself, but that is not what you paid for.
Give them a chance to make it right.

ARtraveler
03-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Agree with Bob. How could the dealer have sent the :spyder2: out with the front end alignment that far off. I am far from being a mechanic and it looks pretty obvious that something is not right.

BajaRon
03-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Maybe BRP should look at these dealers who are not representing their best interest or rider safety and pull their products out of the dealerships. This makes for bad business and could be considered a direct reflection of BRP's own priorities.

I agree, and I am sure BRP will pull their product out of a dealership, but as a last resort. Looking at the big picture, there are not an overabundance of Spyder dealers. I think BRP's approach (and I think a very wise one) is to work to bring dealerships along and get them up to our (and BRP's) standards rather than throwing them under the bus when they do something like this.

If BRP started pulling Spyders out of dealerships every time they make a bone head move things would be getting worse rather than better. I think BRP and Spyder dealerships are moving in the right direction. I also think one of the main reasons for improvement is right here on Spyderlovers.

Informed and educated customers are the sharpest tool for getting things corrected. When you stick around here for awhile you are likely to know more about your ride than the 'Experts' at your dealership. And if you run into a snag, where can you go to get the information you need?

I mean think about it... Who else has BOB!?! :yikes: Our most Punctual and Prolific Poster, Precisely Postulating on every Premise, Processing Problems, Proscribing Plans and Presenting People with Positive Phrases!

twain
03-05-2013, 10:52 PM
You are right Baja, I think this forum is one of the best tools available. Spyder owner. Lamont and the others who have been here awhile are a wealth of knowledge and info. The dealers may want to visit this forum more often. I just hope no one out there gets hurt no matter who is at fault. I take this to heart since I am an ICU nurse and take people's safety to be a higher priority over profit. The bottom line cannot bring someone back nor would I wish that type of guilt on any dealer.

Jeriatric
03-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Also wanted to say thanks to all the member that have showed interest in this. I am a 1 post newbie here and I am more impressed in how people have not flamed me for coming on here and starting off with a complaint. I hope to be on the board for a while and contribute to it in the future. I just had a lot of issues with the vibration and the steering slack and the alignment and the ball joints. All that gave me a really bad taste.

I do all my own wrenching and have installed a supercharger on my Rocket 3 Triumph and turbo kit on my Hayabusa and have rebuilt R1 engines in half a day at my shop. I have installed trike kits and built custom air shifters for diabetic people that can't feel their feet. I have even fashioned and CNC cut my own brackets to mount Harley forward controls on a Honda VTX 1800. I also do all my own paint and power coating.

I guess I want people to know that I am my own mechanic and leaving stuff up to the dealer to repair is not easy. I am sure there is someone reading that can relate. But I guess sometime you have let them do what they do. Ill try to upload pictures of my bikes and some of the work that I have done on them. I think they have a photo gallery here. If they do ill edit this post and put a link in it.

You did what most would do when they have something stuck in their throat. Some make more noise than others when clearing it.........not saying you were one, or the other but, understand your discomfort.

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

Hope it all works out for you. :doorag:

Bob Denman
03-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Who else has BOB!?! :yikes: Our most Punctual and Prolific Poster, Precisely Postulating on every Premise, Processing Problems, Proscribing Plans and Presenting People with Positive Phrases!

:shocked: I think I just P'd myself! :shocked:

MouthPiece
03-06-2013, 10:04 AM
:shocked: I think I just P'd myself! :shocked:

He forgot perennial prognosticator. ;)

Chris

Bob Denman
03-06-2013, 12:12 PM
And Pain in the Posterior... :opps:

weapon
03-06-2013, 12:29 PM
:shocked:

BajaRon
03-06-2013, 01:25 PM
And Pain in the Posterior... :opps:

I decided to leave a few P's out.... Not that they applied or anything anyway...

ARtraveler
03-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Baja said:

"I agree, and I am sure BRP will pull their product out of a dealership, but as a last resort. Looking at the big picture, there are not an overabundance of Spyder dealers. I think BRP's approach (and I think a very wise one) is to work to bring dealerships along and get them up to our (and BRP's) standards rather than throwing them under the bus when they do something like this.

If BRP started pulling Spyders out of dealerships every time they make a bone head move things would be getting worse rather than better. I think BRP and Spyder dealerships are moving in the right direction. I also think one of the main reasons for improvement is right here on Spyderlovers.

Informed and educated customers are the sharpest tool for getting things corrected. When you stick around here for awhile you are likely to know more about your ride than the 'Experts' at your dealership. And if you run into a snag, where can you go to get the information you need?"
End Quote

I am going to add that I agree with everything Baja said. And we don't always agree on everything. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-06-2013, 02:27 PM
I decided to leave a few P's out.... Not that they applied or anything anyway...

Sir, You are truly; too kind... :D

"AK" is right; it's too tough to find a dealer now within a half-tankful of fuel for servicing... If they just started pulling franchises for all "non-complicance" occurrences; they'd be just a footnote in History. :shocked:

pellcitypete
03-06-2013, 06:47 PM
hello everyone my name is Pete some may remember me.I bought A 2011RT from big #1 a while back. It took me going thru h:cus: An back, dogged out on here Trying to tell every one to stay a way from b#1 they didn't know how to fix my spyder(I think but not sure) they new what was wrong with my spyder but it was sell now fix when ever! I contacted The state attorney general,BBB an more before mine was finally fixed I agree some dealers should lose there Spyders sale contract . I am very pleased with my spyder(LI'LL RED) It is a great ride when it was fixed My wife an I went on a 4,000 mile trip no problems !!! BUT I HAD TO GIVE B#1 PURE H**L AND I CAUGHT H**L ON HERE FOR POSTING BAD THINGS ABOUT CAN-AM AN B#1. BUT AFTER I CONTACTED NANCY(I THINK IT'S HER NAME) SHE WAS IS HEAD OR CLOSE TO HEAD OF CUSTERMER RELATIONS THAT SOMETHING WAS DONE !! I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT IF YOU LET THEM THEY WILL RUN OVER YOU AN FEED YOU A LINE OF B*#l S@&T UNTIL CAN-AM TELLS THEM WHAT TO DO ! sorry for ranting on but I DON"T HAVE CONFADENCE IN B#1. BUT I LOVE MY 2011 RT!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN YOU GET YOURS FIXED YOU WILL BE HAPPY !!

pellcitypete
03-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Sir, You are truly; too kind... :D

"AK" is right; it's too tough to find a dealer now within a half-tankful of fuel for servicing... If they just started pulling franchises for all "non-complicance" occurrences; they'd be just a footnote in History. :shocked: My 2 cents! After first hand dealing with B#1 And the way they treated me after mine was finished I would say that for me I would travel 2x as far to get it rite the first time than carrying it back 6 or 7 times to get it done wrong!! Sorry but I believe 1 bad dealer can cost (BRP) more in the long run than they make money from. STEPPING OFF MY SOAP BOX NOW. I am thru an that's all I am going to say. HAVE A GREAT RIDDING SEASION . I do love my spyder and have great respect for this site an the ppl on it! :bowdown: