PDA

View Full Version : Cardo G4 won't charge or turn on.

Spyderific
03-04-2013, 12:30 PM
One of our Cardo Scala rider G4 headsets was working good yesterday till I turned it off and plugged it in to recharge. As soon as I plugged it in the red light started blinking slowly and it will not charge or turn on. It has the latest software and I can connect it to the computer and reset or change settings but once unplugged nothing works. I have emailed Cardo but no answer yet.

Pennyrick
03-04-2013, 03:04 PM
One of our Cardo Scala rider G4 headsets was working good yesterday till I turned it off and plugged it in to recharge. As soon as I plugged it in the red light started blinking slowly and it will not charge or turn on. It has the latest software and I can connect it to the computer and reset or change settings but once unplugged nothing works. I have emailed Cardo but no answer yet.

They are usually very quick in responding and have always helped us out.

Here is some more contact info if you don't have this already.

Cardo Systems, Inc.
http://www.cardosystems.com
(800) 488-0363
support@cardosystems.com

Spyderific
03-04-2013, 05:02 PM
I did get a response from them. No answers to why it just blinks red but they want it sent in to them. Oh well.

ARtraveler
03-04-2013, 05:10 PM
I had issues early on with the Cardo 4 and could not get them to work properly at all. I sent them back to the place I bought them for a refund. I ended up keeping my Cardo 2's and used them through last season (2012). I am going to replace the Cardo's this year with Sena.

retread
03-04-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm on my second G4 set, the first one reached the point they would not talk to each other, replaced with no charge.

john

bluestratos
03-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Ours would not work on intercom Sunday, everything else worked fine. We found a little trick on the internet that fixed it. Each person turns their unit on, then holds down the A button for 6 seconds until it starts to blink red/blue. After a couple seconds they repair and all is working now. Won't fix your battery issue but may help others.

SpyderAnn01
03-04-2013, 07:33 PM
I have the G9 and have had to exchange mine twice. Bought them at Cycle Gear and they have exchanged them for me. I called Scala when I was having the problems but they were unable to fix them over the phone and I didn't want to take several weeks to mail them back.

Spyderific
03-04-2013, 09:00 PM
I am going to send them in for repair but today we bought Sena SMH10's. We will try them out tomorrow. I just can't drive without the backseat instructions. :roflblack: